Mistake on Primary Application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc002

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my primary application back in May and it’s currently going through verification. I just so happened to be looking back through my app and realized that I mistakenly put 96 hours instead of 960 hours for a three month research internship. I’m so mad at myself, I printed my application 3 times and reviewed it numerous times and can’t believe I let this slip through. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

You worked 80 hours a week? That's insanely high. If this is somehow accurate though, just let schools know in an update letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
You worked 80 hours a week? That's insanely high. If this is somehow accurate though, just let schools know in an update letter.
Yes I did! The internship was 8 hours a day for 3 months!

Check your math.... 3 mos = 90 days. 960 hours would be >10 hours per day, 7 days per week for 3 solid months. That seems very intense to the point of being implausible. Don't compound a problem by reporting more than the hours you did. 8 hours/day, 5 days/wk for 12 weeks would be 8(5)(12)= 480 hours.

Reactions: 2 users