The Pre-Med Bookcase

Started by deleted1085928
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1085928

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently purchased a nice bookcase, and I need to fill all that delicious space with something(s). Eager little pre-medder that I am, I bought a copy of Chila's Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine, but that alone won't do--anyone have any other suggestions? What pre-med (or even med school) course texts have educated and sustained you on your personal journey?
 
Not a course text, but I'm in the middle of The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee and it is *fantastic*. So thoroughly researched and astoundingly well-written. It's a huge book, definitely an undertaking, but feels like it will be worth it.

Most doctors I've worked with have also recommended Being Mortal by Atul Gawande.

I'm biased as a former English/Creative Writing major, but if you're ever interested in non-medical book recommendations, feel free to PM me!
 
Not a course text, but I'm in the middle of The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee and it is *fantastic*. So thoroughly researched and astoundingly well-written. It's a huge book, definitely an undertaking, but feels like it will be worth it.

Most doctors I've worked with have also recommended Being Mortal by Atul Gawande.

I'm biased as a former English/Creative Writing major, but if you're ever interested in non-medical book recommendations, feel free to PM me!

Same here--undergrad in English. Thou shalt be PMed!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently purchased a nice bookcase, and I need to fill all that delicious space with something(s). Eager little pre-medder that I am, I bought a copy of Chila's Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine, but that alone won't do--anyone have any other suggestions? What pre-med (or even med school) course texts have educated and sustained you on your personal journey?
I just started reading The Doctor Who Fooled the World by Brian Deer. Should be required reading for any pre-med.

 
I just started reading The Doctor Who Fooled the World by Brian Deer. Should be required reading for any pre-med.

...written by the reporter who exposed him, no less!

reaches into pockets

edit: I'll be nice, here 😎