Dec 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I recently purchased a nice bookcase, and I need to fill all that delicious space with something(s). Eager little pre-medder that I am, I bought a copy of Chila's Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine, but that alone won't do--anyone have any other suggestions? What pre-med (or even med school) course texts have educated and sustained you on your personal journey?

caterwaiter

2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2019
Not a course text, but I'm in the middle of The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee and it is *fantastic*. So thoroughly researched and astoundingly well-written. It's a huge book, definitely an undertaking, but feels like it will be worth it.

Most doctors I've worked with have also recommended Being Mortal by Atul Gawande.

I'm biased as a former English/Creative Writing major, but if you're ever interested in non-medical book recommendations, feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 2 users
Dec 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Not a course text, but I'm in the middle of The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee and it is *fantastic*. So thoroughly researched and astoundingly well-written. It's a huge book, definitely an undertaking, but feels like it will be worth it.

Most doctors I've worked with have also recommended Being Mortal by Atul Gawande.

I'm biased as a former English/Creative Writing major, but if you're ever interested in non-medical book recommendations, feel free to PM me!

Same here--undergrad in English. Thou shalt be PMed!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I recently purchased a nice bookcase, and I need to fill all that delicious space with something(s). Eager little pre-medder that I am, I bought a copy of Chila's Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine, but that alone won't do--anyone have any other suggestions? What pre-med (or even med school) course texts have educated and sustained you on your personal journey?
I just started reading The Doctor Who Fooled the World by Brian Deer. Should be required reading for any pre-med.

Reactions: 1 users
Dec 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I just started reading The Doctor Who Fooled the World by Brian Deer. Should be required reading for any pre-med.

...written by the reporter who exposed him, no less!

reaches into pockets

edit: I'll be nice, here :cool:

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.