The Princeton Review Hyperlearning 2010 edition? Is it good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

velvetcoffee

Coffee
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Someone gave me an entire set of these. They are from 2010 so I am wondering if I should use them? It does have the verbal one but is that the right one that everyone talks about on here? Seems weird because it is 11 years old...

Members don't see this ad.

I would say, no and also yes. Please allow me to clarify. The way the exam is tested was changed back in 2015. Biochemistry and Psychology/Sociology were also added. Nonetheless, in terms of content Chemistry will always be chemistry, Physics will remain Physics, and Biology will continue to be Biology. However, there are topics that have been removed or emphasize less, especially from the physics and Organic Chemistry books. There are less individuals tossing rocks off cliff and more physics that would apply to biological models--fluid, lens, etc.

The Princeton Review Science workbook has many of the same passages, with a section added for Psychology/Sociology. Also many of the standed alone questions were removed.

Take your books to your local Barnes & Noble (or your local library) and compare each book with the current Princeton Review set. There will be topics that are no longer tested or there may be less/more emphasis on certain topics. Be sure to read through the AAMC what's on the MCAT.

file:///C:/Users/cdr53/Downloads/MasterAAMCTopicsList-MCAT2015.pdf

Content in terms of Chemistry, Physics and Biology will not be changed very much. (Not the way that it is tested, the actual content.) You will need a Biochemistry book and Khan Academy Psychology/ Sociology. Material for practice passages will be what you are going to need mostly.

Having said all of the above, you could use Khan Academy for a solid content review. You may also grab a set of books from your local library or check the for sale section you may be able to get a fairly new complete set of content books for $100 or less. (Here is a set for $133.)

Amazon product

Here is a set for $100 on EBay.

There is also a used set is on EBay for $27.

Best of luck with the studying. Remember focus more on practice questions.

Last edited: