You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Queen of Waitlist
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
THIS IS ME AS WELL. I've been waitlisted at 4 schools: UTMB, Tech, UTEP, Chapman. So I'm in your boat too. Just gonna be hopeful for the best and have to see what happens! I'm hoping at least one will love me and accept me into their program.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes just keep faith and fingers crossed that some school will like us enough to take us off the waitlist
I'm waitlisted at temple, Thomas Jefferson, sacred heart, Scranton, MGH, and Chapman
Don't fret! Waitlists fluctuate ALL the time. Especially the closer it gets to the start date of the school. I'm a current 1st year DPT student and was accepted off of numerous waitlists in the late spring (March-May).
I 100% understand how frustrating it is, but it's definitely not uncommon. Don't give up hope!
I 100% understand how frustrating it is, but it's definitely not uncommon. Don't give up hope!
I'm in the same situation as well. Just try to stay positive and think about all of the applicants that didn't get an interview or were rejected. At least we are receiving interview opportunities! Everything happens for a reason 🙂
Being on 6 waitlists is pretty good. I'm only on one..
Last edited:
I feel you. :/Being on 6 waitlists is pretty good. I'm only on one..
I'm also on 6 waitlists alsoSo I've been waitlisted by every school that has responded to me to this date so I am up to 6... Is there any possibility of me getting off any waitlist or are my chances slim? Also is anyone else in the same boat as me or am I just that weird statistic
@FutureDPT2020 I am right there with you. I've heard from five schools, have had four interviews and one coming up next week, I'm on four waitlists.....It's not easy to stay positive but I am thankful for every interview I receive. The post by @HopefulDPT123 encourages me!So I've been waitlisted by every school that has responded to me to this date so I am up to 6... Is there any possibility of me getting off any waitlist or are my chances slim? Also is anyone else in the same boat as me or am I just that weird statistic
@DPTapplicant805 good luck on your interview!!! Yeah I've been invited to 5 interviews and the ones I think I did bad on I got waitlisted, and the ones I thought I kicked ass on I got waitlisted haha. But Yes just try to stay positive and whatever is meant to be will happen! By the time they go through waitlisted a majority of people already have put down deposits so hopefully we are all top on those lists
@jonjesse Hey, what # are you on CSUN's waitlist? I hear last year they went up to like 125 on it!
I am #25. What about you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same situation. I feel as if I'm queen of the waitlist too :| Patience. It's hard.
Thank you! It's good to have others who can understand what we are going through.@DPTapplicant805 good luck on your interview!!! Yeah I've been invited to 5 interviews and the ones I think I did bad on I got waitlisted, and the ones I thought I kicked ass on I got waitlisted haha. But Yes just try to stay positive and whatever is meant to be will happen! By the time they go through waitlisted a majority of people already have put down deposits so hopefully we are all top on those lists
I am #25. What about you?
I feel you, I'm #16 at CSUN's list. If I get into San Diego State University you can bump up a spot on the waitlist at CSUN! I hear that we both have good chances of getting in though, there's 150 on the list...
Add yet another waitlist to my DPT list. I sure am learning a lot of patience..........
@HopefulDPT123 would you mind sharing which schools you were accepted to from their waitlist?Don't fret! Waitlists fluctuate ALL the time. Especially the closer it gets to the start date of the school. I'm a current 1st year DPT student and was accepted off of numerous waitlists in the late spring (March-May).
I 100% understand how frustrating it is, but it's definitely not uncommon. Don't give up hope!
@HopefulDPT123 would you mind sharing which schools you were accepted to from their waitlist?
MUSC, GA State, and 2 other schools that I honestly can't remember (neither did interviews and apparently didn't mean much to me anyway).
I want to tell everyone to keep the faith. Today I got accepted off one wait list I was on and also got accepted into a school that I interviewed at on Friday. I am incredibly blessed. I know it's not easy but don't give up hope. Wishing everyone the very best!
Do you mind sharing which you were accepted to? I interviewed at a school Friday too but was told it could take up to two weeks, but that's exciting to hear you heard back from yours so soon!I want to tell everyone to keep the faith. Today I got accepted off one wait list I was on and also got accepted into a school that I interviewed at on Friday. I am incredibly blessed. I know it's not easy but don't give up hope. Wishing everyone the very best!
I want to tell everyone to keep the faith. Today I got accepted off one wait list I was on and also got accepted into a school that I interviewed at on Friday. I am incredibly blessed. I know it's not easy but don't give up hope. Wishing everyone the very best!
I saw earlier you had applied to UConn... just curious if you'd heard back yet (or if anyone else reading this has)? And if so, when? Starting to get a little nervous and wondering if I should call :-/
I was accepted to Methodist off the waitlist and to Wheeling Jesuit where I interviewed on Friday. They said we would hear by Wednesday so I was very surprised to hear today. Where did you interview at on Friday?Do you mind sharing which you were accepted to? I interviewed at a school Friday too but was told it could take up to two weeks, but that's exciting to hear you heard back from yours so soon!
Last edited:
I have not heard back from UConn yet. I called them a couple weeks ago to update my application with a grade I recently completed. When did you submit your application @PThopeful313?I saw earlier you had applied to UConn... just curious if you'd heard back yet (or if anyone else reading this has)? And if so, when? Starting to get a little nervous and wondering if I should call :-/
I was accepted to Methodist off the waitlist and to Wheeling Jesuit where I interviewed on Friday. They said we would hear by Wednesday so I was very surprised to hear today. Where did you interview at o Friday?
Congrats!!!! Thats awesome!!!
I have not heard back from UConn yet. I called them a couple weeks ago to update my application with a grade I recently completed. When did you submit your application @PThopeful313?
I submitted in November, but one of my recommenders only finished the online recommendation earlier this month. I have friends who heard back earlier in previous years and thought I would hear last week, but it appears I'm just being impatient (UConn's my top choice). Thanks for the update!
Thank you!Congrats!!!! Thats awesome!!!
Good luck! Are you in state?I submitted in November, but one of my recommenders only finished the online recommendation earlier this month. I have friends who heard back earlier in previous years and thought I would hear last week, but it appears I'm just being impatient (UConn's my top choice). Thanks for the update!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck! Are you in state?
Yes. I'm also a non-traditional applicant (age 27), so I'd really prefer to stay local since I have a life and community here. Good luck to you, too! You're in-state as well?
Yes I am in state. Have you heard anything from UConn yet?Yes. I'm also a non-traditional applicant (age 27), so I'd really prefer to stay local since I have a life and community here. Good luck to you, too! You're in-state as well?
Just gave up my spot at CSUN. Hope that helps.I am #25. What about you?
Yes I am in state. Have you heard anything from UConn yet?
Nothing yet. You?
Same - nothing.Nothing yet. You?
I have a question about waitlist time, what’s the longest period of time anyone or someone you know has been moved from waitlist to accepted? Does anyone know somebody who was accepted very late or sometime in the summer? I've heard some schools have said they can tell you as late as a few weeks before classes start..I’m just trying to stay optimistic and keep some hope!
Utica has accepted someone one first day of classes
There was someone in our class who was accepted 4 days before the first day of school. It's no fun waiting, but just do your best to be patient!I have a question about waitlist time, what’s the longest period of time anyone or someone you know has been moved from waitlist to accepted? Does anyone know somebody who was accepted very late or sometime in the summer? I've heard some schools have said they can tell you as late as a few weeks before classes start..I’m just trying to stay optimistic and keep some hope!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
G
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
G
G
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
G