1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

The real deal with AADSAS applications

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DesiDentist, Jul 24, 2002.

1. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Alright guys,

Here is the latest I have gotten from Cynthia Gunn, the manager for AADSAS. I called her and told her that some people have stated that they heard that AADSAS already sent out their application. She said, and I quote,: "Sir, I can assure you that not one application has left this office." I was determined to see if she was telling me the truth. I told her that some people's status has already been changed on the ADEA website and she said that is simply not true. She tried to console me and told me that "Sir, my word is gold. Other people don't know what they are talking about and we are trying to get the applications out by Friday and you are in the first mailing."

This conversation was only one minute ago. So some people are not telling you the truth.

DesiDentist

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Dunno what's going on. I spoke with Kevin, who is also one of the managers for AADSAS (there are 3 Customer Service Managers: Cynthia, Kevin, & Marie).

The lines of communcation at that place must be crossed and tied in several knots. Thanks your update, Desi. :)

4. smile_doctor

smile_doctor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Spoke to AADSAS this morning at 9 am. I was told that my app was in the first batch and would go out on Friday as well.

5. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Gavin,

I saw that you mentioned that your status has been changed on the ADEA-log on page from delivered to mailed. Is that true. Mine hasn't changed yet. Please update us. thanks.

DesiDentist

6. nycdoc

nycdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You've figured out ALL the manager's names? You guys are like the C.I.A. :laugh: :laugh:

That's some awesome detective work Gavin.:D
    Know your enemy I guess, right? You guys will bring down this oppressive regime soon enough. I always assumed I was talking to prison inmates because nothing was going on schedule for me last year. All I did was this for 5 months: :mad: and +pissed+

7. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Heh, yeah, know your enemy! Actually, all of the people there have always been very pleasant to speak with, the only problem is that their information seems to change every other hour (or they are making stuff up out of thin air). Perhaps they aren't to blame -- but I don't know anybody else *to* blame! :)

8. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Thanks Gavin,

now I can use this knowledge you have put up and surprise them tomorrow. I'm going to say,

"ehm, yeah Chonte told me that the applications will be going out immediately, especially applications numbers from 1-70. Veronica is not happy with how cynthia, kevin, and marie are making up stuff and eluding dental applicants. i was speaking with Don Bloxham and he is furious about this lack of organization especially when Bill, Leslie, Aree, and marie are telling students their application has gone out. "

this will be funny.

DesiDentist

9. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Heh -- somebody will crap their pants. Be sure to record the conversation when it happens! :)

All that information is from a link I had last year -- I'm sure the ADEA/AADSAS website lists the same information, but I don't have time (nor care) to look for it. If you find more names you can really turn it into a big fiasco.

10. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Alright, today's scoop

I called again today, disguised my voice, and spoke with Aree and he confirmed what Cynthia told me yesterday. He stated that the first batch which consists of the first 230 people will be leaving ship tomorrow. He stated that my application has been processed and is ready to go but my "message box" message has not change. I'm really confused on why people with higher AADSAS # have a new message and I don't:mad: . Anyways, that is todays update.

Anyone else care to share AADSAS info/frustrations?

DesiDentist

11. pumpkins90

pumpkins90 Member
    7+ Year Member

I just talked to aadsas and my application has been processed and is being sent out today July 26. I submitted mine during the second week of June so they are not just sending the applications from the first week in the first batch to the dental schools. They are probably going by the first so many processed. To give you an idea my number is between 150 and 200.

12. RSXer

RSXer :) UoMBCDSCo07 :)
    7+ Year Member

I called today (1 hour ago) and thy said that the first batch has not and WILL not be sent out today. "Check back next week"....as usual.

However, they ALSO told me that the first batch consists of #s 1-230 - as previously mentioned by Desi.

Any other news to confirm or to the contrary?

13. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Well, it looks like all the managers who promised that the applications would go out today were confused (once again), according to RSXer.

Then again, pumpkins was told that his/her application is being sent out today.

Somebody is having fun telling us all a different load of crap each time that we call. I'm contacting my schools right now to see if they've received my AADSAS application. As you recall, I was told my app. was sent out earlier this week and that all of my schools should have it by Friday. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Possible moral of the story: don't believe anybody at the AADSAS phone number. When you have your confirmation sheet in your hand you can be reasonably assured that your application has been shipped out.

Here we go again... they've had my app. for 55 days.

14. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Okay guys,

I just spoke to Marie from AADSAS and they are sending out the first batch "as we spoke." The first batch consists of 200 + . Also, I asked her what intervals the next batches will be going out. And she was like 3-4 weeks or maybe even more. she said that this was the slowest process of the first batch and its going to hurt/delay everyone else.

So the first batch should reach in the first week of august
    second batch (assuming from #230-450) by september
    #450-650 by october
    #650-850 by november
    #850-1050 december.

1050 ++ next year in january, so I think all those who have numbers exceeding 1000 you probably will have to wait after Dec. 1 to get your interviews. That maybe the case for even us in the first batch, knowing how slow this damn process is.

This is what I am assuming, don't quote me on this.

This is going to be a hella slow year, I wouldn't be surprised if most of us interview next year.

DesiDentist+pissed+

15. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

UOP is frickin awesome....out of the fees that I have sent so far (13 in all), they are the farthest from me and have sent me that letter back saying they received my check and giving their timeline of the application process...go uop! :clap:

16. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

i like that they at least notify you, and basically tell you, yeah we know you exist....wheras some schools are like, ok, we got your money, we wont notify you of anything, and now we're gonna reject you!!! muahhahahaa! +pissed+ :mad: :rolleyes:

17. DesiDentist

Dentist
    The lady said "over 200" The main number i hear is 230, but sometimes i heard 250. I think a good guess is between 200-250. It would be hard to be 251 ;-). That's good that UOP is corteous. I spent like two hours today trying to sort out the whole UPENN fiasco. grrrrrrrrrrr.

DesiDentist

18. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    That is great news, Desi! Seems like we've been waiting for this day to come for two months now -- oh wait, we have been!

The process is far from over, good luck everybody! Let's keep each other posted on how we're doing!

19. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    Desi,

Those are good estimates from the information you've been given, however I think they are extremely unrealistic (I know, you were just putting them up as a theory). I'm sure each batch will get quicker and quicker. Imagine people with AADSAS numbers of 2000, 2500, or even 4000+. Based on the timeline you've posted, they would be interviewing well into the year 2005 for admissions into 2003! I hope they are faster for everybody else than they were for the first batch, and I have a feeling they will be.

I also wanted to mention that things should go fairly quickly for the first batch applicants, now. Schools have had plenty of time to prepare their admissions stuff. I'd say that secondaries will start going out in 2-3 weeks (mid-August) and that the interviews @ a good number of schools will start happening in early-September.

I don't forsee as much delay time in turnaround from applicants to dental schools as there has been in previous years, simply because the first batch is a month late this year compared to other years.

20. bres

bres Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anybody know how long it is between batches?

How often AADSAS sends out the application?

21. DATMATT

DATMATT SISU
    7+ Year Member

Desi estimated these dates:
    So the first batch should reach in the first week of august
    second batch (assuming from #230-450) by september
    #450-650 by october
    #650-850 by november
    #850-1050 december.

I doubt that only 1050 applications are going to be sent out by December. That seems pretty low and late in the process, no?

Just an opinion.

I would assume that the batches will change size.

Is this year a small applicant pool?

Matt

22. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Hey guys,

i was looking over my estimates. I guess, my conscience was telling me something I wish would happen....schools only receive my application by Dec. 1 and have no other choice but to accept me!!! However, realistically I agree with ItsGavinC that the intervals will get quicker. and hopefully by Dec. about 3000 applications would be given to the schools. I was thinking about it, if DATMATT's number is around 1000 and he applied in mid July then that means only about 1500 people have applied thus far, unless AADSAS has a huge back load of apps around the corner. But I'm giving them a benefit of the doubt by saying 1500 (assuming 300 extra apps in the last 2 weeks of July). Since the first 4 months are the heaviest (700 x4) + (500 x 2) = 3800 applicants before Dec. 1 or the year is over. Then we have the Lay-Z-Boys. (no offence) about 1000-1500 apps next year. my overall prediction is around 5500-6000 apps. Anyone want to give their estimate???

DesiDentist

23. anamod

anamod Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I personally think you guys are worrying way too much as to what your number is and when the next batch goes out. I'm not saying this to be negative or mean. You guys are some of the first people to apply, you have nothing to worry about. So relax and let the interview offers role in. I highly recommend that you call each school and ask if they recieved everthing(transcripts, LOR DAT scores..) one of the schools that I was interested in never recieved my transcripts from AADSAS so I had to send them ther own copy. Iwas offered an interview at this school but it was way to late.

24. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Anamod,

You have to understand that some of us have been waiting 2 months for this!!! This year AADSAS has beat their own record (for being slow, that is) and we all are pondering why this was so slow. Whenever we called AADSAS they always mentioned how busy this year is compared to last. Hence, the infatuation for our AADSAS numbers began. So far the highest solid number we have is around a 1000. AADSAS scared us and we began to think over 3,000 people already applied.

DesiDentist

25. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

THANK YOU ANAMOD!!! :clap: :clap: I thought I was the only one that thought this....sometimes just reading posts on here makes me paranoid...I agree with the worrying too much part...its not doing good for anybody!! :clap:

26. RSXer

7+ Year Member

FYI, my AADSAS app was sent yesterday (monday) and should be received by the schools by Thursday. woohoo! Now, I have to get all that supplemental shtuff in...something I should've worked on in the first place!

Oh well. Good luck everyone. :)

27. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    I agree that worrying doesn't accomplish anything, but all of my schools have had my DAT scores and fees for 6 weeks now! I'm sure that they wish AADSAS would hurry up as much as we do.

Desi,

I thought the same thing when I saw your estimates -- if only 1000 apps had been sent out, we'd all have 7-8 acceptances on Dec. 1. In the words of Vixen: muhahahhhhaa.

:)

28. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Has anyone heard of schools receiving their applicatoin. I called Case Yesterday and the lady mentioned that they received the first batch. Just curious if anyone else has head anything. We should be hearing something pretty soon guys, hopefully.

DesiDentist

29. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i think almost all the CSRs at addsas like to lie to us just for the fun of it. i called them the other day asking for my aadsas # and they said my app wasnt even downloaded for processing, so i wouldnt have the number.

HOWEVER, later that evening, i got my addsas # by mail....

who can i trust now???

:rolleyes:

~Qoo

30. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Trust in God!! This world is an illusion, just like AADSAS only God can show us the way.

Just take a deep ::sigh:: and continue hoping.

::sigh::

I feel better now, NOT

+pissed+

DesiDentist

31. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Qoo,

if you don't mind me asking around what AADSAS number are you???

Also, i checked my message board on the web application and it hasn't changed. How about the rest of you??

DesiDentist

32. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Desi,

mine is #880, submitted June 30th. sigh, it's been a month now... my texas application was already sent out a week and a half ago, wish aadsas is just as efficient. oh wells... just gotta wait.

~Qoo

33. RSXer

7+ Year Member

Desi, I checked my message board today - no change. It just says delivered June 7th (the day I submitted it). I wouldn't put too much stalk into what the website says. I called a few dental schools and they said they have received my application already so its all good.

34. EcoRI

EcoRI Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I called the AADSAS this morning.
    My application was submitted on June 24th. My AADSAS number is 817. I was told my application would be submitted in the 3rd mailing The person I spoke to said the second mailing will be sent out this week and the 3rd mailing hopefully next week.

35. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

how long didyou guys wait for a #? I submitted july 29th and they're still processing....i thought they'd at least cash my check right away!

36. ItsGavinC

Dentist
    I paid via a credit card/debit card, and the $$ wasn't removed from my account until 4 weeks after I had submitted my application.