The reluctant study thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have any good resources to recommend for the coagulation cascade? I've been watching Dr. Sattar (Pathoma) for some of the big ideas, but he skirts around the details and only talks about various defects. But what should I use to actually study the normal physiology of clotting? Was thinking of brute force memorizing the wikipedia page:inpain:
For the pic, I like first aid. Not sure of a wordier explanation other than the ppt I used last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Good call I'll probably look at that tomorrow

Well now I know why in the TV dramas they always just say "check coags".:thinking:

Brb, head asplodin':boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
WHO THE HELL EVER INVENTED HORMONES ANYWAY

I HATE ENDOCRINE

Reactions: 1 user
4th year student here.
Due to my school's stupid policy, I have the honor of taking 4th year shelf exams..... so right now I'm forced to study for cardiology. This is total BS!

If you're studying for SOMA's shelf exams for more than an hour, you're wasting your time.

The questions on the exam are word for word taken from the practice questions they give you to work with.

One or two runs through and you should ace the exam in like 20 mins. I don't think any of them took me longer than a half-hour door to door.

If you're studying for SOMA's shelf exams for more than an hour, you're wasting your time.

The questions on the exam are word for word taken from the practice questions they give you to work with.

One or two runs through and you should ace the exam in like 20 mins. I don't think any of them took me longer than a half-hour door to door.

I don't know how you can get that stuff down in just one hour of studying. Anyways, the fact that those exams even exist is ridiculous, not to mention that the EM is now a real NBOME shelf.

I don't know how you can get that stuff down in just one hour of studying. Anyways, the fact that those exams even exist is ridiculous, not to mention that the EM is now a real NBOME shelf.

Wow, really? A real shelf?

That does suck.

But the others (at least last year when I was doing them) were just exam master quizzes. You had all these practice questions to go through, and if you did it the night before the test, or even an hour or two before if you had a late morning or afternoon exam, you would recognize the questions and know what the answer was because you literally just looked at it. Sorta like doing a UWorld block over again the next day, you're gonna remember the answers to those questions, only because you literally just did them the day before.