The return of the Level 2-PE in a year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodoctah

Reaction score
I mean, I hope it wouldn’t be TOO different in set up than OSCE’s and other tests COMs give anyway, at least as far as set up and required infrastructure. As long as it’s not ridiculous, doesn’t cost extra out of pocket, and doesn’t require students to travel, it should be ok. I feel like this will help raise the ‘pass rates’ too, Bc theoretically I would expect schools to better prep students or be more lenient if they are also the ones administering? It’ll be interesting to see - it would be a tragedy if they just went back to the old Chicago/Philly system, or whatever sucky system it was.

I know that prior to the suspension of the PE, my school would have students come for a 2-day OSCE event in preparation for the PE. I would hope that if they re-implement the PE, an event like that would suffice. However, I very much hope that the PE is dead forever, and that the SPs, OMM practical exams and clinical experience during 3rd & 4th year rotations will substitute as proof of our clinical skills.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I pray for the classes behind me that they don't have a return of the PE. Also, like Dame said, my school also had a preparatory OSCE session for the PE before it went away. That would definitely be more than enough to assess someone's skills in a test setting.

Reactions: 1 user