The SDN flaw parade

Started by 907914
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yes. Most of the crushes I've had are with guys who haven't dated.

Nothing as attractive as a mildly socially awkward, intelligent, sometimes sporty, family-oriented type of guy.
Hm...talking about types here. We're very similar.
I like mildly awkward, intelligent guys, lanky build. Don't care about sports and am too young to fully understand if my peers are " family-oriented" ( that's always something that can change later, ya know).
Muslims don't date...but I've had my innocent crushes...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
god, this thread is so heteronormative! lol
Not entirely caught up, but here’s my non-hetero perspective.

Not to seem like a vessel for internalized homophobia, but I’ve found it really tough to date in college, because I don’t identify with many aspects of modern college gay culture both because of my cultural upbringing and my actual personality. However, I’ve found that I vibe well with other neurotic premed (gay) guys hahahaha.

There’s also that nagging sense of needing to think about settling down soon, and my med school location preferences are likely to be largely based on that.

(Guys with WARS S or above hit me up)
 
Not entirely caught up, but here’s my non-hetero perspective.

Not to seem like a vessel for internalized homophobia, but I’ve found it really tough to date in college, because I don’t identify with many aspects of modern college gay culture both because of my cultural upbringing and my actual personality. However, I’ve found that I vibe well with other neurotic premed (gay) guys hahahaha.

There’s also that nagging sense of needing to think about settling down soon, and my med school location preferences are likely to be largely based on that.

(Guys with WARS S or above hit me up)

I hear you. I am glad I settled down with my husband, very happy. But for single gays, this is a huge factor! I have friends working as tenured professors where they just can't find anyone to date...
 
Settle down in med school. Pick ya school and select from that community? Almost done w senior year anyways unless there is someone youve been seeing
Yeah that’s what I figure, but the pool is small LOL. Might have to broaden my search or go to a city with many med schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So arranged meetings with someone you are interested in, kind of like the Jewish concept with another person present. You're allowed to be friendly with the person first, just no real, intimate, physical relationship.
Is it like.....transnactional or something? Like, who arranges what?
 
So arranged meetings with someone you are interested in, kind of like the Jewish concept with another person present. You're allowed to be friendly with the person first, just no real, intimate, physical relationship.
can't grasp that from the gay perspective lol:dead:
 
Is it like.....transnactional or something? Like, who arranges what?
It's ...complicated. But it does work! Two of my peers only 5+years older than me are happily married and still in the lovey-dovey phase like 3 years later. One girls fell in love with someone she met at the Muslim Student Association and they got married when she was like...22. You'd think they just got married.
can't grasp that from the gay perspective lol:dead:
LOL nobody said oversharing isnt' allowed at these "dates" XD
 
So arranged meetings with someone you are interested in, kind of like the Jewish concept with another person present. You're allowed to be friendly with the person first, just no real, intimate, physical relationship.
This is also the way hindu arranged marriages are heading (am hindu, not strict or following these protocols by any means). Theres actually sites/apps that are meant for this exact purpose its pretty crazy
 
This is also the way hindu arranged marriages are heading (am hindu, not strict or following these protocols by any means). Theres actually sites/apps that are meant for this exact purpose its pretty crazy
Yeah, it works out. Hard to explain to other cultures but it works out.
 
This is also the way hindu arranged marriages are heading (am hindu, not strict or following these protocols by any means). Theres actually sites/apps that are meant for this exact purpose its pretty crazy
my bff is hindu, we are trying to stage a fake marriage so she can get her money that's supposed to be saved for her wedding.
 
It's ...complicated. But it does work! Two of my peers only 5+years older than me are happily married and still in the lovey-dovey phase like 3 years later. One girls fell in love with someone she met at the Muslim Student Association and they got married when she was like...22. You'd think they just got married.

LOL nobody said oversharing isnt' allowed at these "dates" XD
No doubt it works! There are a billion muslims on Earth, so something has to be going right lol It is more or less just a foreign concept to me. But I love learning so please do share whatever you want or are willing! I am sure we would all be curious, the mulitcultural and diverse applicant body that we are.
 
my bff is hindu, we are trying to stage a fake marriage so she can get her money that's supposed to be saved for her wedding.
Is she LGBT as well? Or she just wants to cut ties from her parents after receiving the money? Whats the motive behind the fake marriage?
 
On the real though, best bet is to pick a school with a lot of graduate programs (Law, Med, PhD, etc.) too if this is an actual concern of yours for med school selection! Edit: unless you strictly wish to see/date guys who are also in medicine
Boston, NYC, or SFBA would be the dream.
Of course followed very closely by Loma Linda.

Don’t think I can afford to limit myself to guys in medicine haha.
 
Is she LGBT as well? Or she just wants to cut ties from her parents after receiving the money? Whats the motive behind the fake marriage?
nah, she insists she's straight. in any case, her parents know I am married lol. we are just joking around about that. Quite traditional family for her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So arranged meetings with someone you are interested in, kind of like the Jewish concept with another person present. You're allowed to be friendly with the person first, just no real, intimate, physical relationship.
Dating isn't just physical. You can have an emotional connection with someone and set boundaries. Muslim parents always tell their kids no dating when in all reality they 100% dated before having kids.
 
No doubt it works! There are a billion muslims on Earth, so something has to be going right lol It is more or less just a foreign concept to me. But I love learning so please do share whatever you want or are willing! I am sure we would all be curious, the mulitcultural and diverse applicant body that we are.
No problem! ( It's good that you asked, I'm not offended/upset by it. I know it was a legit question and not a derogatory one.) 😉
 
One of my best friends is a lesbian who met her girlfriend by picking her up at a bar (I believe they were talking about sports, then went on a tangent about philosophy). Anyone can do it! Straight, LGBTQ, purple, ET, everyone! A good pickup line/convo crosses all boundaries!

It doesn't have to be sports related, either!
 
One of my best friends is a lesbian who met her girlfriend by picking her up at a bar (I believe they were talking about sports, then went on a tangent about philosophy). Anyone can do it! Straight, LGBTQ, purple, ET, everyone! A good pickup line/convo crosses all boundaries!

It doesn't have to be sports related, either!
Noobs like me have to use “the Tinder”.
 
One of my best friends is a lesbian who met her girlfriend by picking her up at a bar (I believe they were talking about sports, then went on a tangent about philosophy). Anyone can do it! Straight, LGBTQ, purple, ET, everyone! A good pickup line/convo crosses all boundaries!

It doesn't have to be sports related, either!
*Laughs in introvert*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ADCOMS stopping by this thread:

See the source image