cavaor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 14, 2001
Visit site
Status
I have been offered a 2 yr HPSP scholarship. My question is, when does the Army start paying for tuition? My M3 year starts June 28th with summer tuition charges and such. My recruiter thought I had the summer off and so he assumed it would start when I came back to school but now doesn't know.
Anyone have any insight?

delicatefade

ASA Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2004
Status
  1. Attending Physician
You might want to get your student finance department in touch with the military and have them figure it out. You do realize that by taking a 2 year HPSP scholarship you are going to owe more time than the scholarship is worth???

GMO2003

15+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Status
  1. Attending Physician
delicatefade said:
You might want to get your student finance department in touch with the military and have them figure it out. You do realize that by taking a 2 year HPSP scholarship you are going to owe more time than the scholarship is worth???

not necessarily...you can forgoe doing a residency and do a 2 year GMO and get out...plus you get 2 MASP bonuses of $15,000 for each year of your GMO, and depending upon where you go overseas it could add up to a pretty substantial increase in pay each month :thumbup:

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
  1. Attending Physician
GMO2003 said:
not necessarily...you can forgoe doing a residency and do a 2 year GMO and get out...

Can you still request a GMO in the Army? I guess they can't make you do anything you don't want to do, so it's still the last resort pathway... That's still 3 years though, because you still have to do one year of internship that doesn't count towards payback. Granted however that it pays better than it would in the civilian world.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads