The Stolen Prescription Pad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airwaymastaflex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the funnier things I've heard this month.

Some dude steals the prescription pad from the ER and submits the following to over 5 pharmacies in the city:

MOFINE
Sig: Whatever it takes to get the job done
Disp: Unlimited

Of course the pharmacies start calling the doc....
"Uh Doc... did you prescirbe some MOFINE ("MOE-FENE") to this guy I have in front of me????"

:laugh: (4:49am! I'm delirious)

Members don't see this ad.

The best I've ever seen was a guy who I typed out a prescription for during residency (using our old CCSS prescription writer). Wrote for Percocet, dispense 20. He added an extra "0" in blue ink. Mind you it's typed in black ink, so not only did he handwrite an extra zero, but he also did it in a different color ink.

The pharmacist called to verify it. He said "I know you didn't do this, but I gotta give the guy the benefit of doubt."

Members don't see this ad :)
Had a lady return to the ED stating the pharmacy wouldn't fill her vicodin Rx. As it turns out she simply scratched out the 325/5 and wrote 7.5 and scratched out the dispense # and wrote her preferred amount beside it. She claimed she was writing something on top of the prescription when the scratch marks accidentally wore through (like a carbon copy).