The Ultimate Tech Hours and RPH Hours Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NateRobinson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the ultimate hours thread. Here we can finally see which company gives which stores the help they need. It's very simple. Simply tell us the company you work for, the city, and on average how many prescriptions your store does in a week (if it fluctuates way too much, then tell us how many did you last week), along with how many RPH hours and how many Tech hours.

I'll start if off. I work for CVS in Northern New Jersey. My store did 4700 scripts last week. 223 pharmacist hours. and 372 tech hours.

Go!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
CVS in Orange County. 24 hours. Did 3600 scripts last week, 196 RPH hours, 265 tech hours.

Rite Aid -
10 scripts per 1 tech hour (standardized throughout the company for my region at least)
Rph overlap starts at 2100+ scripts/week

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't really apply to me but my Kroger buddy fills 1800 a week with 100 pharmacist hours and 300 tech hours.

Walmart
1700 a week
120 rph hours
250 tech hours on avg.

Used to work at a target in central Texas.

About 1400 rx/ week, ~88 rph hours, 230 tech hours until February of 15. That's when I think they realized how much trouble target pharmacy was in, or that was when hands started shaking with cvs.
Hours dropped *significantly*

Currently
Walmart in an urban area of northern California (18 other pharmacies within 3 driving miles of this store, not including Kaiser)
1752 average sold Rx per week January 1 to March 25, 2016
109-114 pharmacist hours
230-240 technician hours (staff working exclusively inside the pharmacy)

Previously
CVS in a "micropolitan" area of Arizona, 13 pharmacies in a 30-mile radius
86 pharmacist hours, 260-320 technician hours
2669 average sold Rx per week January to May 2015 (no 90 day supply = 3 scripts B.S.)
2455 average sold Rx per week June to August 2015

Extraneous information: CII volume allegedly affects tech hours as well for both companies FYI... ~10% at CVS, ~5% at Walmart. Medicaid, who knows (15% Medicaid scripts at CVS, ~35-40% Medicaid at Walmart). Finally total fills > actual sold (usually 9-10% RTS at Walmart, probably similar at CVS)

Walgreens
1100/week
84 Rph
94 Tech (currently), that will drop into the 70-80's next month. Hopefully not below that but never know.

Doesn't really apply to me but my Kroger buddy fills 1800 a week with 100 pharmacist hours and 300 tech hours.

sounds like an exaggeration or plain misinformed. have him provide a screenshot of his hours from eschedule

his RPh hours should be a little higher and tech hours is a lot lower. BET

Some krogers have central fill. I wonder how that affects tech hours.
I had rotation at a high volume kroger and they had 4 rph overlap for 1 hour on monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
157/d? must be nice

With 94 tech hours yes, but def not with 70 tech hours...

That's the problem people don't realize, low script volume stores = you plus one tech for the whole day. Which means you are running the pharmacy while the tech is at the register all day.

You are also alone with no tech for one hour at open and one hour before closing.

It's a daily marathon for me, I have a similar store with 70-85 tech hours with all new hire techs.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Also at lower volume stores it's not unusual to have zero tech help on sundays and sometimes saturday as well.

With 94 tech hours yes, but def not with 70 tech hours...

That's the problem people don't realize, low script volume stores = you plus one tech for the whole day. Which means you are running the pharmacy while the tech is at the register all day.

You are also alone with no tech for one hour at open and one hour before closing.

It's a daily marathon for me, I have a similar store with 70-85 tech hours with all new hire techs.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Exactly. I was Staff at a similar store (1000-1100/week) down in South FL and my tech hours were consistently around 60-70. That was 2014-15, but it's definitely hard to run a store with 1 tech and being by yourself for 1-2 hours open and close and almost all-day weekends. Having 90+ hours currently is awesome, makes life so much easier.

Cvs rphs, please share your rph hours. My store, Which has been averaging over 3000 scripts a week , has only 92 rph hours. we are open from 8 to 10 weekdays

Cvs rphs, please share your rph hours. My store, Which has been averaging over 3000 scripts a week , has only 92 rph hours. we are open from 8 to 10 weekdays

I used to work at a non-24 hour CVS.

~2,400/week (usually over 450 on Mondays)
81 pharmacist hours
170-200 tech hours

Not sure of the numbers for the small chain I work at now but it has to be like half the workload. We get 1 waiter and 2 scripts to type and the pharmacist thinks that we are getting swamped and starts to get anxious lmao

Last edited: