Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

The University of Georgia Admissions

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Cdiddy, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Cdiddy

Cdiddy Member
    7+ Year Member

I just wanted to let anyone that is interested in UGA know that I received some information in the mail that explains their admission criteria. They only look at your Pre-req GPA (which is great for me). Say you had a 3.5. Then you times it by 25 ( 87.5) Then you add your best composite PCAT score (example 90) and then you get 100 points possible for your interview. So if I got a 80 on my interview my total would be 257.5. The form says that it took a score of 255 to be in the top 125 applicants and the lowest score was a 249. I just wanted to pass this along because I myself was unsure of this.

Chris

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. goheel

goheel Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hmm, interesting. Does anyone if other schools use the similar system of grading their applicant?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 64microbus

64microbus Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

No extra credit for a degree? extra curriculars? going to a university as opposed to CC only? work experience? Nevada had similar criteria. I like that these schools of pharmacy are up front about their admissions. Some admissions offices seem like they're run by Dean Wormer in Animal House - think double secret probation. Any chance the tests at UGA SOP are similar to the ones Coach Harrick gave? Microbus out

4. Cdiddy

Cdiddy Member
    7+ Year Member

I am not sure, but I would figure all of that would come into play during the interview.

Chris