The University of Oklahoma Waitlisters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not terrible at all....Do it!!
The wait is killing me....I just hope we all find out within the next couple of days!

Members don't see this ad.

It's official! I got that BIG, BEAUTIFUL RED letter today!! :D :D :D

x

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yay congrats austenfan! nice to keep the good news rollin'!
on a side note, scottw says 14 were pulled off the waitlist, while cabound says 12 were. both say 16 hold multiple acceptances. so where did the 2 extra spots opening come from if the number of those holding multiple acceptances is still the same? is there something i'm missing?anyway, to those still waiting i'm with ya! it sucks to work all day and not be able to stalk the postman. ahhh well...

ellaB, I called the admissions office today, and she said that 16 have been pulled off the waitlist so far.

Congrats AustenFan!!! :)

Congratulations to everybody who got accepted! Can't wait to start school with you guys! :D

Hola!

I didn't want to write again until I had good news. While yesterday I decided in favor of Oklahoma and turned down GTown, I got an acceptance from Dartmouth today, which I intend to take.

I *will* (forbidding some huge unforseen occurence) be opening up my spot as soon as I get my official letter! I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!!!

With the exception of the 2 people we know got in (Bravo and Austenfan), the May 15 deadline was rather anti-climactic and uneventful for the rest of us waitlisters. :sleep: It was a much anticipated event that left us still waiting as usual. I guess thats why they call it a "wait list". :mad: Any new news? Pray for movement.

P.S. just saw Doctor Dreamer's post and thank you Doctor Dreamer for giving up your spot. good luck at Dartmouth.

Congratulations, thank you, and Good luck to Dr. Dreamer!!!:thumbup:

So, I'm back from Vegas .... didn't win the millions I was hoping for and NO bre when I got home so ......... guess this means better starting thinking about next year a little harder!!:(

Members don't see this ad :)
With the exception of the 2 people we know got in (Bravo and Austenfan), the May 15 deadline was rather anti-climactic and uneventful for the rest of us waitlisters. :sleep: It was a much anticipated event that left us still waiting as usual. I guess thats why they call it a "wait list". :mad: Any new news? Pray for movement.
I've got my fingers crossed for you guys. Don't worry if you don't see any movement for a couple of weeks, though. I mean this kindly - when I was an applicant, I always thought that getting the next year's class put together was the most important activity on campus. I wasn't until I got there that I put things into perspective.

This is finals week - first year students just took their last final today. The Basic Sciences Education Building is all torn up and I'm sure that's not helping a lot of things. Final grades are due early next week. Doesn't really affect the admissions office directly - but you see what I mean. Both associate deans are retiring - and that's a big deal. Tonight is Revelry (the annual end-of-year bash).

Give 'em a couple of weeks to get the acceptance data from AMCAS and start moving the waitlist. Those packets don't stuff themselves, ya know.

Best of luck to all of you. As a new third year, I will tell you - OU's a great school. You couldn't make a better choice.

I've got my fingers crossed for you guys. Don't worry if you don't see any movement for a couple of weeks, though. I mean this kindly - when I was an applicant, I always thought that getting the next year's class put together was the most important activity on campus. I wasn't until I got there that I put things into perspective.

This is finals week - first year students just took their last final today. The Basic Sciences Education Building is all torn up and I'm sure that's not helping a lot of things. Final grades are due early next week. Doesn't really affect the admissions office directly - but you see what I mean. Both associate deans are retiring - and that's a big deal. Tonight is Revelry (the annual end-of-year bash).

Give 'em a couple of weeks to get the acceptance data from AMCAS and start moving the waitlist. Those packets don't stuff themselves, ya know.

Best of luck to all of you. As a new third year, I will tell you - OU's a great school. You couldn't make a better choice.

Thank you for one of the most helpful posts i've seen on here. Its good to see third years helping us waitlisters out. Have fun at the party. :D

Hi everyone!

I called admissions today and now it appears they have accepted 23 off the waitlist. She says that is shows there are still 6 people holding multiple acceptances, but it's a domino effect, so you never can tell!

...and the wait continues...*sigh* :scared:

Hi everyone!

I called admissions today and now it appears they have accepted 23 off the waitlist. She says that is shows there are still 6 people holding multiple acceptances, but it's a domino effect, so you never can tell!

...and the wait continues...*sigh* :scared:

Yeah, like I withdrew from my other school, but I still haven't officially accepted my spot at DMS, so I probably don't show as having a multiple acceptance right now, but I do... There may be several like that.

thanks for the info cabound and dr dreamer! and congrats on your acceptance to DMS:)

seriously, every time i see an update to this thread my heart leaps into my throat...! i hope those 7 more people they took off the waitlist are some of us SDN'ers :rolleyes:

p.s. not to sound like a n00b, but what is a "BRE"?

Thanks! OU is a great school, but I was really rooting for a change... I want out of Oklahoma for a while. I'll probably be back soon!

BRE = Big Red Envelope

x

Last edited:
seriously, every time i see an update to this thread my heart leaps into my throat...! i hope those 7 more people they took off the waitlist are some of us SDN'ers

Me, too, ellaB. I saw there were several new posts and I immediatly thought, "Oh good. Movement on the list and it's affecting our SDNers." I think the good news is that the 7 new red envelopes might still be en route to people in the mail.

A mass email was sent around 11 a.m. on the day that mine showed up. If I had logged in to my school account before my postman showed at 4, I would have figured out before the letter arrived that I had been accepted.

Note of Clarification: The email mentioned above was not a notification of acceptance. It pertained to forms and paperwork deadlines and such. If I had checked my email before I checked my snail mail, I would have figured out that I had been accepted before I actually received an acceptance letter.

it's official for me too...i got the red envelope today!! :love:

i didn't get an email like bravofriendly did, in fact i didn't find out until i got home after studying all night for the MCAT, ironically enough:rolleyes: but i thought i would post here before making all my phone calls to give some hope to all the other nail biters out there!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! way to go Wentch 1.5A

Congratulations ellaB!!! I can only imagine how you must've felt when you saw that BRE lying there!!!!

Congratulations ellaB and damn, wish it were me too. good luck.

x

Last edited:
Congrats ellaB! Do you mind me asking what was your gpa/MCAT?
just out of curiosity to try and figure out where I stand on their list!

Congratulations ellaB and everyone else! :D

Good luck to all other SDNers still waiting...I know it'll happen! ;)

Congrats ellaB! Do you mind me asking what was your gpa/MCAT?
just out of curiosity to try and figure out where I stand on their list!

i interviewed jan 11. hope that helps! good luck:luck:

Last edited:
thanks, yea that helps for sure. I had a 30/3.4 and interviewed on Jan 17, so hopefully they'll send me something soon!

x

Last edited:
hi everyone, really new to sdn but i figured i would let you all know that i talked to admissions today and they said 25 had been pulled off the waitlist.

I know it is easier said than done, but don't get too discouraged. We're still in May, so there is a whole summer ahead for letters to show. Preparing to reapply stinks, but keep focused on the diversion and when your letter shows it will feel like that much more of a victory.

At this point stats and interview dates are second in importance to how your interview went. The better your interview went and the more votes for acceptance you were given, the better your odds. I know of one person already off the waitlist who had a late interview date but had a great interview. People who went to the reapplicant workshop should have a pretty good idea about their interviewers impressions, even if you don't know how the actual votes went down.

As an aside, I'm a committed bookworm who enjoys reading. If anyone needs an unbiased eye to look over their personal statment, I would be happy to oblige. Just PM me to ask if you are interested. Some fellow SDNers did this for me last spring/summer and it was an immense help, so I'm happy to pay it forward. Now that I'm off the waitlist, I feel like I can offer without anyone worrying that I have an interest in sabotage work :)

hi everyone, really new to sdn but i figured i would let you all know that i talked to admissions today and they said 25 had been pulled off the waitlist.

Welcome to the thread, Cowboy, and thanks for sharing your info.

Hello all. I am also new. This is my first post, but I've been religiously following this thread for weeks. I'm on the list and have been flirting with federal charges stalking the post-man since I heard the list was moving. Just adding myself as another official warm-bodied wait-listed net-rat. No one else seems to grasp my intense passion for the mailman's daily drop!

As far as common post questions go... I went to the re-app seminar and saw my papers and I had all A's but only remember seeing 3 votes? Other people had 5? I got a C Fall '07 and was told I'd be otherwise in.... but I guess that put me at the bottom of the list cause I've seen no BRE!

Good luck waiting for the mail tomorrow!!

x

Last edited:
As far as common post questions go... I went to the re-app seminar and saw my papers and I had all A's but only remember seeing 3 votes? Other people had 5?

Welcome to you as well.

You also received 5 votes. The first three were from your 3 interviewers, the 4th is from a 10-member vote that occured directly following the interviews on your day, and the 5th is from the final board meeting.

I would assume that if your first three were all Accept, then your last two would follow suit.

We've supposed (I haven't heard this officially confirmed) that those with 5 A's are at the top of the list and within that grouping, people are arranged by interview score. By this same reason, persons with 4 A's and a D(defer) make up the tier just below.

I am so confused right now. When I went to the reapplicant workshop, he told me that my interview went great, that my MCAT was strong, my extracurriculars were good, and that my gpa was my only weak point. And STILL nothing. I can barely even sleep anymore! I'm so tired of waiting....I'm sure all you guys that haven't gotten anything feel the exact same way....

I am so confused right now. When I went to the reapplicant workshop, he told me that my interview went great, that my MCAT was strong, my extracurriculars were good, and that my gpa was my only weak point. And STILL nothing. I can barely even sleep anymore! I'm so tired of waiting....I'm sure all you guys that haven't gotten anything feel the exact same way....

Haha i'm with you. I've lost some sleep over this deal lately too. Lots of big decisions to make with limited info. and time. Good luck.:confused:

yes indeed. i am basically your reapplicant twin. the board member (know his face, lost on his name) looked confused and asked why I was there! I told him about my ONE bad grade and he sighed, "ooohh, well hopefully you get in this year!" I WANT TO BE THERE SO SO SO BAD!

yes indeed. i am basically your reapplicant twin. the board member (know his face, lost on his name) looked confused and asked why I was there! I told him about my ONE bad grade and he sighed, "ooohh, well hopefully you get in this year!" I WANT TO BE THERE SO SO SO BAD!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've been racking my brain over and over again trying to find a logical explanation for why I haven't gotten that letter yet....and nothing. The dr in my group basically just talked to me for 2 minutes and finally just said "so just keep doing what you're doing, thats pretty much all the advice I can give you!". Oh well...there's nothing we can do about it. At least I have a new found twin now, haha.

x

Last edited:
Memorial day is great because I don't have to go to work. But it is bad because...No mail. Anybody new get BRE? Any release news?
Nothing that I know of. You should call the admissions office and ask how many have been taken off the waitlist. I don't want to call again...I've called them way too many times!

x

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
Also, I did talk to someone in admissions on friday and they said 25 were off the waitlist (but we already knew that) and that the total they had for the waitlist was 90 people (as a opposed to the 75 mentioned prior). Let's hope that their hypothesis of a lot of people getting taking off the waitlist is true!!
OK I just called them...27 have been taken off...So I guess that means 2 were taken off today...so letters should be expected within the next couple of days. Next time it's your turn! haha

x

Last edited:
it's official for me too...i got the red envelope today!! :love:

i didn't get an email like bravofriendly did, in fact i didn't find out until i got home after studying all night for the MCAT, ironically enough:rolleyes: but i thought i would post here before making all my phone calls to give some hope to all the other nail biters out there!

Congrats ellaB!!!!!

Eugh... I called an hour after you did and they told me 25! I think she was annoyed in general today because it was not the most pleasant experience I've ever had... Fingers are crossed for the 2 new ones!