-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The wait is killing me!
Started by Audie2014
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Truly I am going crazy... most of the schools deadlines are 02/15/2010 so they will not even start looking until after that! I am going crazy, but to keep my sanity I am focusing on different things! Hope everyone hears soon! good luck!
Thanks, Cidanu. Maybe I will start hearing soon--Gallaudet says they hope to review the applications within the next couple of weeks. I just can't believe that I will have to make a final decision two months from now and I don't even know my options yet. This doesn't just affect my education and career; it affects my entire life!!!
Thanks, Cidanu. Maybe I will start hearing soon--Gallaudet says they hope to review the applications within the next couple of weeks. I just can't believe that I will have to make a final decision two months from now and I don't even know my options yet. This doesn't just affect my education and career; it affects my entire life!!!
Audie 2014, is Galladuet your top choice?
Well, I applied to ten schools, and I feel like my top choice changes all the time. Sometimes it's UT-Austin, sometimes it's Vandy, and sometimes it's Northwestern. Today it's Gallaudet, but only if I get the PAEDS scholarship. I think I'm a pretty good candidate, but the scholarship application states that it's particularly geared for applicants with disabilities and applicants from minority backgrounds. I don't fit either of those molds, so I don't know if I have a chance. Anyway, I just want to hear from someone. I've heard from Dallas and Nova, but they wanted me to give them a decision before I was ready, so technically I passed on those offers.
Does anyone else have a first choice?
Northwestern!
I'm a junior undergrad at James Madison, and I applied to their early AuD program. I'm fairly sure I'll get in, but the funding they offer will determine if I accept or decide to wait and apply there again, as well as to other schools, next year when my GPA and GRE are even higher.
I agree the wait is torturous!
So... unc already sent out requests for interviews?
Yeah, they sent them out at the end of January. They are interviewing 24 for 8-10 spots.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow; Sounds intense.Yeah, they sent them out at the end of January. They are interviewing 24 for 8-10 spots.
Thanks for letting me know.
Have you guys heard from anywhere re:interviews?
Is anyone else starting to get anxious? I am dying to know what's going on! When's the earliest people usually start finding out? And the latest...?
I'm right there with you! The days are going by so slow and everyone keeps asking where I'll be going.. I don't want to jinx it or say "ooh hoping uw" and then not get in! I looked back through this forum's archives to the acceptance, rejection,and waitlist threads.. people posted the school, how they were notified, and what day they found out. Hopefully the schools are on similar schedules this year because I don't know if I can stand to wait any longerrrrr.
I'm right there with you! The days are going by so slow and everyone keeps asking where I'll be going.. I don't want to jinx it or say "ooh hoping uw" and then not get in! I looked back through this forum's archives to the acceptance, rejection,and waitlist threads.. people posted the school, how they were notified, and what day they found out. Hopefully the schools are on similar schedules this year because I don't know if I can stand to wait any longerrrrr.
I reviewed the archived forum from last year re: rejections and acceptances. It looks like acceptances were generally end of Feb-early March. Whereas, the rejections were cited to be throughout the month of Feb.
...I definitely agree that this wait is too long and hopefully we hear soon.
I'm right there with you! The days are going by so slow and everyone keeps asking where I'll be going.. I don't want to jinx it or say "ooh hoping uw" and then not get in! I looked back through this forum's archives to the acceptance, rejection,and waitlist threads.. people posted the school, how they were notified, and what day they found out. Hopefully the schools are on similar schedules this year because I don't know if I can stand to wait any longerrrrr.
Is UW your top choice? I'm an undergraduate right now and honestly would not want to attend UW for the Audiology program.
hear2010 are you an undergraduate at UW?
Yes, I am.
Is UW your top choice? I'm an undergraduate right now and honestly would not want to attend UW for the Audiology program.
Well its between uw and sdsu. My parents want me to go to uw because it's home and it is a great program! Why don't you recommend it?
When you say UW are you referring to University of Washington?
If so - from what I understand, all of their practicum is in-house, or well located in the UW network. The one bad thing about that is when it comes to your 4th year experience, people who stay in the Seattle area try to get 4-5 externship sites within that year throughout the city so that they have variety.
I think that variety should come in the 1st 3 years of practicum so you can then choose 1, well-rounded 4th year so that during that 1 externship your supervisors can see you grow into a knowledgeable clinician. Hopping around from site to site during that year, your supervisors may not have the time to learn your strengths and weaknesses. It just seems a little bit backwards to me.
However, I do hear U. of Washington produces very book-smart students.
Good luck!
If so - from what I understand, all of their practicum is in-house, or well located in the UW network. The one bad thing about that is when it comes to your 4th year experience, people who stay in the Seattle area try to get 4-5 externship sites within that year throughout the city so that they have variety.
I think that variety should come in the 1st 3 years of practicum so you can then choose 1, well-rounded 4th year so that during that 1 externship your supervisors can see you grow into a knowledgeable clinician. Hopping around from site to site during that year, your supervisors may not have the time to learn your strengths and weaknesses. It just seems a little bit backwards to me.
However, I do hear U. of Washington produces very book-smart students.
Good luck!
When you say UW are you referring to University of Washington?
Perhaps he/she is actually referring to Washington University in St. Louis? From what I've heard Wash U has an absolutely stellar AuD program...👍
hear2010, have you heard from Northwestern yet? i got a waitlist letter from them in the mail today, no idea what my place is on the list. it's one of my top choices, i'm getting really anxious.Northwestern!
bikeinabox, i got a waitlist letter from Northwestern yesterday too. i'll be letting them know they can take me off. They said that they wouldn't decide until after april 15th. Every other school I've applied to needs a response from me before then. I hope this moves you up!
bikeinabox, i got a waitlist letter from Northwestern yesterday too. i'll be letting them know they can take me off. They said that they wouldn't decide until after april 15th. Every other school I've applied to needs a response from me before then. I hope this moves you up!
thanks, teejler!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K