The wait is killing me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Audie2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else starting to get anxious? I am dying to know what's going on! When's the earliest people usually start finding out? And the latest...?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year I got responses from early February to late March. Every school does things differently. Many schools send a number of offers and as people decline, they send out more offers to other applicants.

Do they usually offer you funding when they send your acceptance letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting anxious too!

I have heard back from 1 school already. Neither accepted or rejected, just an alternate.

Truly I am going crazy... most of the schools deadlines are 02/15/2010 so they will not even start looking until after that! I am going crazy, but to keep my sanity I am focusing on different things! Hope everyone hears soon! good luck!

In my experience, funding offers came separately or not at at all. One school provided funding information only after I emailed them and asked them point blank.

Thanks, Cidanu. Maybe I will start hearing soon--Gallaudet says they hope to review the applications within the next couple of weeks. I just can't believe that I will have to make a final decision two months from now and I don't even know my options yet. This doesn't just affect my education and career; it affects my entire life!!!

Thanks, Cidanu. Maybe I will start hearing soon--Gallaudet says they hope to review the applications within the next couple of weeks. I just can't believe that I will have to make a final decision two months from now and I don't even know my options yet. This doesn't just affect my education and career; it affects my entire life!!!

Audie 2014, is Galladuet your top choice?

Well, I applied to ten schools, and I feel like my top choice changes all the time. Sometimes it's UT-Austin, sometimes it's Vandy, and sometimes it's Northwestern. Today it's Gallaudet, but only if I get the PAEDS scholarship. I think I'm a pretty good candidate, but the scholarship application states that it's particularly geared for applicants with disabilities and applicants from minority backgrounds. I don't fit either of those molds, so I don't know if I have a chance. Anyway, I just want to hear from someone. I've heard from Dallas and Nova, but they wanted me to give them a decision before I was ready, so technically I passed on those offers.

I'm a junior undergrad at James Madison, and I applied to their early AuD program. I'm fairly sure I'll get in, but the funding they offer will determine if I accept or decide to wait and apply there again, as well as to other schools, next year when my GPA and GRE are even higher.

I've been told beginning of March. I've applied to UAMS, Memphis, UNC - Chapel Hill, and Pitt. Memphis and UNC are my top two. UNC is having interviews this Friday and Monday so I definitely won't know for a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree the wait is torturous!
So... unc already sent out requests for interviews?

I agree the wait is torturous!
So... unc already sent out requests for interviews?

Yeah, they sent them out at the end of January. They are interviewing 24 for 8-10 spots.

Yeah, they sent them out at the end of January. They are interviewing 24 for 8-10 spots.
Wow; Sounds intense.
Thanks for letting me know.
Have you guys heard from anywhere re:interviews?

Is anyone else starting to get anxious? I am dying to know what's going on! When's the earliest people usually start finding out? And the latest...?

I'm right there with you! The days are going by so slow and everyone keeps asking where I'll be going.. I don't want to jinx it or say "ooh hoping uw" and then not get in! I looked back through this forum's archives to the acceptance, rejection,and waitlist threads.. people posted the school, how they were notified, and what day they found out. Hopefully the schools are on similar schedules this year because I don't know if I can stand to wait any longerrrrr.

I'm right there with you! The days are going by so slow and everyone keeps asking where I'll be going.. I don't want to jinx it or say "ooh hoping uw" and then not get in! I looked back through this forum's archives to the acceptance, rejection,and waitlist threads.. people posted the school, how they were notified, and what day they found out. Hopefully the schools are on similar schedules this year because I don't know if I can stand to wait any longerrrrr.

I reviewed the archived forum from last year re: rejections and acceptances. It looks like acceptances were generally end of Feb-early March. Whereas, the rejections were cited to be throughout the month of Feb.
...I definitely agree that this wait is too long and hopefully we hear soon.

Is UW your top choice? I'm an undergraduate right now and honestly would not want to attend UW for the Audiology program.

Why not UW? They offer the best for AuD students.

hear2010 are you an undergraduate at UW?

Is UW your top choice? I'm an undergraduate right now and honestly would not want to attend UW for the Audiology program.

Well its between uw and sdsu. My parents want me to go to uw because it's home and it is a great program! Why don't you recommend it?

When you say UW are you referring to University of Washington?

If so - from what I understand, all of their practicum is in-house, or well located in the UW network. The one bad thing about that is when it comes to your 4th year experience, people who stay in the Seattle area try to get 4-5 externship sites within that year throughout the city so that they have variety.

I think that variety should come in the 1st 3 years of practicum so you can then choose 1, well-rounded 4th year so that during that 1 externship your supervisors can see you grow into a knowledgeable clinician. Hopping around from site to site during that year, your supervisors may not have the time to learn your strengths and weaknesses. It just seems a little bit backwards to me.

However, I do hear U. of Washington produces very book-smart students.

Good luck!

When you say UW are you referring to University of Washington?

Perhaps he/she is actually referring to Washington University in St. Louis? From what I've heard Wash U has an absolutely stellar AuD program...:thumbup:

Northwestern!
hear2010, have you heard from Northwestern yet? i got a waitlist letter from them in the mail today, no idea what my place is on the list. it's one of my top choices, i'm getting really anxious.

bikeinabox, i got a waitlist letter from Northwestern yesterday too. i'll be letting them know they can take me off. They said that they wouldn't decide until after april 15th. Every other school I've applied to needs a response from me before then. I hope this moves you up!

bikeinabox, i got a waitlist letter from Northwestern yesterday too. i'll be letting them know they can take me off. They said that they wouldn't decide until after april 15th. Every other school I've applied to needs a response from me before then. I hope this moves you up!

thanks, teejler!