The wait!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted4401

This waiting period is killing me!

I can't believe we still have 8 days to find out if we matched or not. This totally blows. I would pay $1000s to find out right this minute, hehe.

At least I'm doing my sub-I, and working more than usual (but still not too hard!) so I don't spend as much time thinking about this stuff. If I match, I have to control myself and not turn into a total slacker next week.

Has anybody heard anything from anyone or is it all quiet on the front? Does anyone know which programs may offer a research year or something like that for the unlucky few? I heard that Derm programs do that kind of thing ... I wonder what the deal is what the rad-onc programs.

Well, good luck. I wish I could just wake up on March 14th.

Simul

Members don't see this ad.

no news here either.

it sure would be nice if this all happened a little faster

God forbid you don't match this year. Don't forget that there are several slots that open up to post PGY-1 candidates.

I finished my internship in 2003 and am doing navy stuff right now. I had 3 programs offer positions to me, post match, because they knew that I may possibly be available. I also took a spot outside the match last year, since the program didn't participate in it. I managed to place a post internship physician in there starting in 2004 when an opening came up. Ironically, he will be one of my senior residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
r90t said:
God forbid you don't match this year. Don't forget that there are several slots that open up to post PGY-1 candidates.

I finished my internship in 2003 and am doing navy stuff right now. I had 3 programs offer positions to me, post match, because they knew that I may possibly be available. I also took a spot outside the match last year, since the program didn't participate in it. I managed to place a post internship physician in there starting in 2004 when an opening came up. Ironically, he will be one of my senior residents.

just curious as to whether these were radonc spots opened and offered, and the physician placed was in radiation?

-f8

I'm unfortunately a scrambler... can you be more specific about the post pgy-1 slots? What makes them open up? How many? How do we find out about these?

r90t said:

khybs said:
I'm unfortunately a scrambler... can you be more specific about the post pgy-1 slots? What makes them open up? How many? How do we find out about these?
sometimes people drop out of programs (malignant ones especially) or family/life events happen. Be aware, no program will say people left because the program was malignant. Its always something else. Just check to what program has lost more than one resident in the last 10 years and listen to not only what the residents say but HOW they say it.