"The well rounded IMG"

Started by KEMU163
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KEMU163

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For starters, I bet this thread has been seen and discussed before but this is a harassed IMG preparing to take the steps.
Before I venture into it I just wanted to ask what does a student (IMG or otherwise) need to have besides a high score to make it to a good residency?
 
Almost every IMG I've seen at "top" residency also has a PhD. Granted, that's not something you can do simply to bolster your application.

For starters, I bet this thread has been seen and discussed before but this is a harassed IMG preparing to take the steps.
Before I venture into it I just wanted to ask what does a student (IMG or otherwise) need to have besides a high score to make it to a good residency?
 
USCE with good LoRs are the next biggest things. I'm sure factors like research publications, clinical skills and spoken english skills make a difference as well. Probably doesn't hurt if your medical school is prestigious as well.