You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The "Where has everyone applied thread" (US)
Started by VelcroSky
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea boyee:
University of Illinois
Iowa State
Tufts
Penn
University of Wisconsin
Missouri
Ontario Veterinary college (In Guelph-wasn't an option on the poll)
Georgia
phew. i'm going to dive into my organic chem II class and work for the next 3 months so as to keep my brains occupied...
University of Illinois
Iowa State
Tufts
Penn
University of Wisconsin
Missouri
Ontario Veterinary college (In Guelph-wasn't an option on the poll)
Georgia
phew. i'm going to dive into my organic chem II class and work for the next 3 months so as to keep my brains occupied...
UC Davis
CSU
Illinois
Penn
Mizzou
Wisconsin
Hopefully someone shows me the love this year!
CSU
Illinois
Penn
Mizzou
Wisconsin
Hopefully someone shows me the love this year!
The Aussie schools are not on the list but I applied to
The University of Melbourne
The University of Sydney
and Murdoch University

The University of Melbourne
The University of Sydney
and Murdoch University

Auburn
UC Davis
Florida
Kansas State
VA-MD
Colorado State
Missouri
and of course my home state school, Penn!
UC Davis
Florida
Kansas State
VA-MD
Colorado State
Missouri
and of course my home state school, Penn!
Can the poll question be modified to include all AAVMC approved schools?
Can the poll question be modified to include all AAVMC approved schools?
No, I don't think so. I only put the US schools because I didn't want to screw it up and miss a school. Why don't you start a non-US thread?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😀
Wish I could ... if only they didn't require that classes be taken within the last 7 or whatever years, I would have! (And I went to UMich for undergrad, so you can see how badly I want to be a veterinarian 😀)
I'm kind of disappointed with the low Ohio numbers. It's a great school - you guys really should think about it.
Wish I could ... if only they didn't require that classes be taken within the last 7 or whatever years, I would have! (And I went to UMich for undergrad, so you can see how badly I want to be a veterinarian 😀)
UC Davis
UPenn
WSU
CSU
I still feel a little unsure about whether I should apply to more schools...as a first time applicant, i have no idea what to expect! 😕
UPenn
WSU
CSU
I still feel a little unsure about whether I should apply to more schools...as a first time applicant, i have no idea what to expect! 😕
UC Davis
UPenn
WSU
CSU
I still feel a little unsure about whether I should apply to more schools...as a first time applicant, i have no idea what to expect! 😕
Are any of those your state of residency? UC Davis is very hard to get into out of state (around 4 accepted). I believe CSU is also quite difficult, and while Penn takes a decent number of out of state, it is extremely competitive. Penn, Davis, and CSU are all ranked in the top of US News and World Reports, and usually that seems to mean more people apply to those schools. Depending on your stats and state residency, you may want to consider applying to more schools.
Davis is my in-state school...which is good, but also scary because it is still so competitive! As for CSU, that's my long shot school...probably won't get in but would regret not trying.
I got bitten by the 7 year rule at Ohio State too, else I would have applied, even if they insist on being called The Ohio State University. _The_ Fargeese refuses to take Organic Chem again, thank you very much, and is not sure about a school that refers to itself in the third person, heh heh!
Instead of shooting myself and only applying to one school this year, I applied to VAMD, IL, MN, MO and WI. I don't think I have much shot at WI but Madison is an awesome town. Still hoping for instate though at VA.
Instead of shooting myself and only applying to one school this year, I applied to VAMD, IL, MN, MO and WI. I don't think I have much shot at WI but Madison is an awesome town. Still hoping for instate though at VA.
Ohio State is one of the few schools that allows you to gain residency after your first year. They guide you through all of the steps necessary in order to establish residency and lower the 50,000+ tuition to the instate tuition. Also, we do not always lose to UF - we just had a bad streak recently that we don't care to discuss 😉
Ohio State is one of the few schools that allows you to gain residency after your first year. They guide you through all of the steps necessary in order to establish residency and lower the 50,000+ tuition to the instate tuition. Also, we do not always lose to UF - we just had a bad streak recently that we don't care to discuss 😉
😉 Just joking with ya! Your right though that is one of the great benefits of OSU.
For any of you who applied to Minnesota who would like to know anything, feel free to PM me! I'm a first year, so my responses will be limited to the application process/what I've heard from others/what I've experienced in the first 3 weeks of class, but I'm happy to tell you anything I know!
This is a cool thread - I like seeing the distributions and the names. Thanks for putting this together, VelcroSky!
My pleasure!
By the way, Penn is pretty popular, huh? Right now it shows half of us are applying there. Is it more than just the fact that it has no supplemental or application fee?
There was a thread in the spring about acceptances that showed a lot of people from this forum got into Penn ...
Well, if as many people from here applied there last year, then that would make sense.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
univ of fl (state school), tufts, miss state
also applying to Edinburgh & Glasgow
also applying to Edinburgh & Glasgow
As for CSU, that's my long shot school...probably won't get in but would regret not trying.
I almost didnt apply to CSU because I was like, Ill never get in (im oos) and would rather save some money and its one less supplemental to fill out... so let me tell you how happy i was that I shelled out that extra hundred bucks and took a couple hours on their supplemental when I got my acceptance email in January 🙂
We just finished week 5 here and I love it!!! Good luck 🙂 (and if you have any specific CSU questions, feel free to PM me!!)
I keep on changing my mind about where to apply...I know I have to decide soon! If I have enough money in my bank account by next week🙂, I'm going to apply to three schools:
Wisconsin
Illinois
Minnesota
My car is making weird noises, so if I find out that I need to do a costly repair, then I'll only apply to my in-state school. I hate having no money...oh well, it is good preparation for paying back my vet school loans!
Wisconsin
Illinois
Minnesota
My car is making weird noises, so if I find out that I need to do a costly repair, then I'll only apply to my in-state school. I hate having no money...oh well, it is good preparation for paying back my vet school loans!
i'm not applying this year, so i don't count...but i'm applying next year and my top 3 schools are auburn, illinois, and wisconsin. a year from now, the schools i actually apply to will depend on what prereqs i have left to complete. good luck to everyone applying this year!
UF (state school)
OK state
MSU (Mich.)
Here's to round two!...and the new avatar
OK state
MSU (Mich.)
Here's to round two!...and the new avatar
Illinois (state-school)
Colorado
UC Davis
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Tufts
Just sent it all in a few days ago~ I can finally play 360 again! Yay!
Btw, where's Tuskegee and how come noone wants to go there?
Colorado
UC Davis
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Tufts
Just sent it all in a few days ago~ I can finally play 360 again! Yay!
Btw, where's Tuskegee and how come noone wants to go there?
Just sent it all in a few days ago~ I can finally play 360 again! Yay!
I'm with ya. Just got Halo 3 yesterday!
Tuskegee is in Alabama....I don't know why ppl aren't applying there....there are a lot of vets in Atlanta from that school. I'm not applying there because they don't have much exotic/wildlife opportunities (supposedly)
Illinois (state-school)
Colorado
UC Davis
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Tufts
Just sent it all in a few days ago~ I can finally play 360 again! Yay!
Btw, where's Tuskegee and how come noone wants to go there?
Tuskegee is an extremely unorganized school that is terrible with communication to prospective students. The school seeks out minorities (while the average minority percentage in most schools is 10%, Tuskegee's is around 70%). People from SDN that applied last year were notified of interviews just days before the interview (I believe they also interview extremely late).
I was going to apply to IL but they won't accept GRE scores past 8/31/07 and I did not take mine until September, so I can't apply. I have heard great things about Auburn for equine though so I am applying there!
That is exactly what happened to me. I met with a couple friends of mine at the stables last weekend who are vets and the wife told me to apply to Auburn. So now I am. 😀I applied to Tuskegee and got in but had to turn them down for family circumstances that came up ( I didn't go anywhere that year). Then when I went to apply again next year after 3 left messages and 2 emails with no response, I gave up. Now I have just recently started getting alumni information from them (asking me to make donations or go to homecoming). No joke. The people were great down there and the best vet I ever worked for graduated from there but they are so disorganized.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm with ya. Just got Halo 3 yesterday!
Oohhhhhh yeeaahhhh~ I'm not much of a Halo fan myself, but might rent it to give it a try. I'm still all about GRAW 2 online... 😀
UC Davis only. Good luck everyone!
I feel stupid asking this here, but my dad (and my brother) are making me feel like absolute crap saying this over and over again, especially now that it's sept. 30 and I've already submitted my VMCAS app and it's too late to add any more schools, but do you guys think applying to 8 schools is too few? They think I should apply to 15 at the least, and keep bringing it up, over and over again, and won't leave me alone. It's not that I'm a particularly bad applicant (I think I'm pretty average, actually), but since applying is such a crapshoot, they're of the opinion that the more, the better, despite the fact that most schools I didn't apply to accept very few out-of-staters anyway.
If you applied to eight schools that you would like to go to should you get in and feel you have a good chance of being admitted at those schools then you should be fine. I applied to 9 schools and in hindsight should have only applied to 5. I ended up pulling my applications from PEI and University of Iowa after I got in at ohio state and was rejected at minnesota and illinois--which were low on my where I want to go list anyway. So eight seems very reasonable to me and either way there isn't anything you can do about it now!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 29K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K