The WORST Secondaries ever....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drlexygoat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here goes.... Vent some anger at those 4+ page secondaries who want a $200 money order that have to be notarized by 3 different people.

My vote goes for Duke... so long! At least it was online, though. Enough with the multiple page-long essays!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by drlexygoat
So here goes.... Vent some anger at those 4+ page secondaries who want a $200 money order that have to be notarized by 3 different people.

My vote goes for Duke... so long! At least it was online, though. Enough with the multiple page-long essays!

Chicago - what a waste of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
UChicago

UPittsburgh

UCSD- Two page autobiography that should not be a restatement of your AMCAS personal statement... Not only dull and necessarily repetitive of the PS, but also pointless for those of us who haven't saved a small nation.

NorthWestern Question Number 2 - My God!

I think everyone I know bs'd an answer to that question.

I second UCSD. Tough to make an autobiography interesting.

For some reason, Yale was a tough one for me. Didn't know what else to write about for the optional essay.

Forgot to add. Stonybrook has 3 one-page essays!

Rush Medical College has 14 essays.... and Louisvilles wants your life history including high school

Vandy has to be on this also!

UCSD was the only crappy one of all my secondaries (Autobiography? WTF?)...but then, I didn't apply to Davis, Duke, or Pritzker. I've heard those are hellaceous.

I think Boston U had the best secondary, not the worst! No BS, just "send us money...oh, yeah, don't forget your mugshot." Easiest secondary ever!

OMG, UC Davis all the way!!! I thought it was worse than UCSD!! That davis app consumed me!!

USF asks you to explain any grade below a B... Sux.

USF is definitely one of the worst

Originally posted by darkcity998
Forgot to add. Stonybrook has 3 one-page essays!

Does anyone know if this is single-spaced or double?

Originally posted by ewing
Does anyone know if this is single-spaced or double?

I did mine single-spaced and my essays ranged from 3/4 to a page. I don't think its length that matters, but content. Take them seriously coz your interviewers do ask you questions on what you wrote on those 3 essays.

Originally posted by Alcon
USF asks you to explain any grade below a B... Sux.

No kidding. I dont' remember having to do that... :)

USF is definitely the hardest of them all. . .I thought Duke was pretty good because the essay questions were more specific and guided.

Case Western. There's no topic...it's just a free-for-all. Personally, I think that is absolutely NO FUN AT ALL. :( Oh well!