Quantcast

Theories Book we talked about

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justanothergrad

Counseling Psychologist
7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Hi

I remember a few months back we started talking about good books about intervention/theories and someone posted a newly published book with chapters by major theorists (e.g., ACT was written by Hayes, etc). The book seemed to put a greater emphasis on flexible approaches rather than the more mechanistic EST protocol approach. I thought I wrote down the book to review it for a course I'm teaching but I can't find it.

Ring any bells?

Fan_of_Meehl

7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Hi

I remember a few months back we started talking about good books about intervention/theories and someone posted a newly published book with chapters by major theorists (e.g., ACT was written by Hayes, etc). The book seemed to put a greater emphasis on flexible approaches rather than the more mechanistic EST protocol approach. I thought I wrote down the book to review it for a course I'm teaching but I can't find it.

Ring any bells?
    Process-Based CBT?

Reactions: 1 user

MamaPhD

Psychologist, Academic Medical Center
    10+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    The process-based CBT book edited by Hayes and Hoffman (I think?) is excellent.

Reactions: 1 user