1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

there is hope

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by musiclink213, Mar 16, 2004.

1. musiclink213

musiclink213 My room is a mess
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    just show this to your chem profersors, make them feel bad for failing you:

It is disconcerting to reflect on the number of students we have flunked in chemistry for not knowing what we later found to be untrue.
    --quoted in Robert L. Weber, Science With a Smile (1992)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fullefect1

fullefect1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Is Robert L. Weber famous or something? I have yet to take chemistry, so I am kinda ignorant to this subject.

4. bewitched1081

bewitched1081 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

well the purpose of courses is to teach what is currently in the field. we just have to face the fact that researchers are never going to be 100% or even 50% correct.

5. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This is a great quote. If I had a dime for every premed that got screwed over in my ochem class, I'd be a rich man. I like it when the prof is lecturing and she says something like, "it is speculated that the mechanism works this way" and proceeds with her language of lines, dots, and arrows. I guess that we've got to learn something in there, but it is true that most of it is founded in educated speculation.