there's somethings money can't buy but for everything else there's the caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Paul Hensler, FACHE, chief executive officer at KMC, said that RUSM is a partner that shares Kern Medical Center's academic vision. The affiliation, he said, is geared to looking after the long-term sustainability of the local physician workforce. "California in general and the San Joaquin Valley in particular are medically underserved. We believe that building a robust working relationship with RUSM will enable us to provide a superior clinical rotation experience with the potential to attract physicians to our community," said Hensler.

AKA, Ross gave a lot of money, I'm sure.

They're rolling in dough. DeVry's last available report:

Financial and operational highlights for fiscal year 2010 include:

- Total revenues rose 31.0%, reaching a record high of $1,915.2 million, and record net income of $279.9 million increased 69.0% over the year-ago period.

- As of June 30, 2010, cash, marketable securities and investment balances totaled $323.4 million with no debt outstanding.

- Medical and Healthcare segment revenues increased 113.6% to $362.7 million in fiscal year 2009 as compared to the prior year. Increases in student enrollments and tuition rates contributed to segment revenue growth.

- Earnings of Ross University's international operations are not subject to U.S. federal or state taxes and also are exempt from income taxes in the jurisdictions in which the schools operate.
Meanwhile:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/02/us/california-cuts-threaten-the-status-of-universities.html

"I'd be lying if I said what we offer students hasn't been changed and that there hasn't been a degradation of the learning environment," said Timothy White, the chancellor of the University of California, Riverside. Last year, plans to open a medical school on the campus were shelved after state budget cuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's Bakersfield. Bakersfield could be wiped off the map tomorrow and not a single care would be given by the rest of California.

"Kern Medical Center, established in 1867, is a 222-bed acute care teaching hospital owned and operated by the County of Kern. As the major healthcare provider serving a community of approximately 650,000 residents, KMC is an integral part of the local community. KMC provides care for more than 16,000 inpatients annually, and experiences 43,000 Emergency Room visits per year."

Everyone knows how i feel about expansion of these schools so lets move onto a more novel point.

wonder how many students they'd be taking for Ross. This is a tiny hospital. Sure it covers a large number of people, but I'm rotating at hospitals with 225,000 ER visits a year, literally over 5x the size of this hospital, and they dont take on that many students at any given time. maybe 70 at most?

Caribbean med schools are a joke. plain and simple.