Things allowed as extracurriculars on PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wrestler133

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently filling out the PTCAS and wondering if Collegiate wrestling and college Judo club competitions count as valid extracurricular activities?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd think that would be fine to put down, OP.

I'm guessing extracurriculars have to involve being part of a group/organization of some kind, but I might be wrong. I run marathons, for instance, but I'm not putting it down since it's just a solo activity. I don't think I'll have any extracurriculars to list in fact.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd think that would be fine to put down, OP.

I'm guessing extracurriculars have to involve being part of a group/organization of some kind, but I might be wrong. I run marathons, for instance, but I'm not putting it down since it's just a solo activity. I don't think I'll have any extracurriculars to list in fact.

I was wondering putting down off season wrestling tournaments as an extracurricular. I joined a wrestling gym and we practiced in the spring which is the offseason, but I don't know if it would count as an organization.

I was wondering putting down off season wrestling tournaments as an extracurricular. I joined a wrestling gym and we practiced in the spring which is the offseason, but I don't know if it would count as an organization.

Hmm, yeah it seems like there could be a lot of situations where it's not clear whether something would "count" or not.

If it's any reassurance though, I doubt many schools are making determining decisions by going straight to extracurriculars. I suppose it might make a slight difference if every other detail on the application is similar to others, but otherwise I'm guessing grades, test scores (if applicable), adequate observations hours, and interviews (if applicable) are the more significant factors.

Definitely! I put down being a member of the Dance Dance Revolution club on my application. Anything you do outside of school counts! ;)

I figure it is also a good place to put any volunteer / community involvement that is not related to PT obs hours.