Things I should absolutely know for med school interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clemmy32

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my first interview next week! Going into this interview are there any facts I should absolutely know? For example I have learned the 4 main ethical principles: beneficence, non-maleficenece, autonomy, and justice. Again, are there any definitions or key ideas that you have learned prior to an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Be up to date with common 'meta' issues in healthcare. You don't have to be an expert but just know enough so that you can have a coherent response if asked. I got burned by this on my first interview...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Know your application. Although most interviews are "open file," which means that the interviewers have read your application, some are closed-file, so be prepared for that too. Be prepared to talk about your experiences in depth and with passion.
2. Know your strengths and sell yourself, like any interview.
3. Go read @LindaAccepted 's guide to interviews (blog post) and @Goro 's guide to interviews.
4. You can Google common interview questions; med school interviews are no exception. Practice in front of a mirror so it comes off naturally.
5. SMILE! The most important thing you can do is smile.
6. Try to make the interview flow like a conversation--treat the interviewer almost like a friend, rather than someone you're intimidated by.
7. GOOD LUCK!!! 😁

Reactions: 5 users