things you wish to do before hittin' the bucket

Started by gabeybaby
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gabeybaby

♥♠☻
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i meant... KICKIN' THE BUCKET! 😛


So, what are everyone's aspirations besides medicine?
What are your goals/dreams?
Anything you want to do in the future? (before med school?)

For me, my top five on my bucket list is:
1) Bicycling across America (after college)
2) Traveling, traveling, traveling, and more traveling internationally (I'm actually trying to make a list of the top 100 places that I want to travel)
3) Roadtrips with my friends (after hs & onward)
4) Travel to all 50 states & take pics at the state boders 🙂
5) Have a pig for my pet

have fun! :luck:
 
Last edited:
Go skydiving at least once
Change someone's life for the better
Get married
Have kids
Be happy
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*Having cooking show and become the top iron cook
*Have kids and plus nice family and good in faith
*Eat healthy and exercise regularly
*Go help poor people in Africa (Doctors without borders)
*Smile to everyone
 
Last edited:
So, MilmanAl, we were talking about these things called "mixed metaphors" the other day in English... We never covered mixed idioms, though.

What do I want to do? I want to go skydiving. I want to find someone to love. Not much else.
 
HAHAHA.

I absolutely love that I know who Snoop Dogg is and you don't, Tib. I think that made my day.
 
I know jack about pop culture. Seriously. I live in infamy at my high school for not knowing who Heath Ledger was (upon being told that he was dead, my response was, "Wait, who is he and why do I care?"). Maybe one day I'll consider investing in a subscription to People...
 
Become a doctor.
Travel to Europe. Travel to Russian and trace my roots.
Start an organization that will create a race/marathon for the JDRF in celebration for when I cure diabetes.
Cure diabetes.
See my sister (who has Type 1) live as long as me and get married.
Cure my sister, from finding the cure for diabetes.
Donate Noble Prize money to JDRF.
Use money donated to JDRF to create the organization that will create the race/marathon.
Drink coke and mentos.
Do an Ironman.
Have a family with four kids.
Raise my four kids into an awesome rock band!
Travel everywhere, learn everything, do everything.
There's so much to just list!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
become a physician (obv.)
have 4 or 5 kids
find a wife to have those kids with
make billions in the stock market
get elected to the school board
build a giant bomb shelter under my future backyard
get money, get paid
travel to every country after traveling to every state
go on a 2+ month hike through the wilderness
 
become a physician (obv.)
have 4 or 5 kids
find a wife to have those kids with
make billions in the stock market
get elected to the school board
build a giant bomb shelter under my future backyard
get money, get paid
travel to every country after traveling to every state
go on a 2+ month hike through the wilderness

DUDE! I WOULD LOVEEEE TO DO THIS!!! 🙂

immmerseee ourselvess into natureee. roast squirrels by a stream....sounds like a dream. hahah.
 
DUDE! I WOULD LOVEEEE TO DO THIS!!! 🙂

immmerseee ourselvess into natureee. roast squirrels by a stream....sounds like a dream. hahah.

Jamie from MythBusters is actually an expert woodman and wildernessman. He's my idol. And I've had squirrel, taste like chicken.
 
Jamie from MythBusters is actually an expert woodman and wildernessman. He's my idol. And I've had squirrel, taste like chicken.

they all do 😛

when i was little, i didn't live here but in vietnam --- i had rats, bats, frogs, alligators, snakes, and other god knows what that my parents fed me

...oh and i shall look into him; he sounds like an intriguing person.
 
they all do 😛

when i was little, i didn't live here but in vietnam --- i had rats, bats, frogs, alligators, snakes, and other god knows what that my parents fed me

...oh and i shall look into him; he sounds like an intriguing person.

You should start your own cooking show. I am DEAD serious.
 
Experience the touch of a woman...even just a shoulder tap...
​

We can create "National Seducing Physician Association" to study about getting girl friends because many men are lacking of that vital skill to be successfully in now days world. Thousands of men have gone through depression and serious mental illness because of the fact they don't have a girl friend. Cost of Medicaid is going high and high every year to treat those people.

Isaac Newton discovered the gravity of the world of science. Galileo Galilei was executed because of his scientific discovery. Now, its for us for unite and stand and fight the the truth purpose of science to prevent men's mental illness.

This is the change we need in America. On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord. On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas that for far too long have strangled our politics. America, in the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words; with hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come; let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
* Watch Krystian Zimerman perform live.
* Go to Europe.
* Fall in love (preferably with the right person, of course).
* Find my dream job, whatever it may be.
* Drugs. :meanie:
 
-There's a few places in the US that I haven't made it to yet(Alaska and glacier national park being the notable ones) that I want to see.

-At some point I'll probably get an itch for marriage/kids, but not yet.

-Get involved in entrepreneurism again at some point.

-Live happy, healthy and all that good stuff.
 
-There's a few places in the US that I haven't made it to yet(Alaska and glacier national park being the notable ones) that I want to see.

i've been to glacier when i was 13ish... i think it's better than yellowstone.

it was the first time a bear came like 10 ft near me.
 
I want to punch a dinosaur.

Then get down with some boogie fever right?

Personally, I'd like to own an island far away from anyone, without any society in sight. And just live in peace with my family, if I have one. If not, then I'd come to touch with nature and the spiritual side of things. I think an island would be the best place to do this, although a rain forest would be pretty close too.

Also, I'd like to experience the auroras firsthand. It'd be pretty neat.

Going to space would be a trip too, but that's pretty unrealistic I think.
 
-Skydiving
-Climb Mt. Everest
-Become a millionaire
-Become a physician
-Get Married and have kids
 
I want to punch a dinosaur.

artist's rendering:

122dhfa.jpg
 
it was the first time a bear came like 10 ft near me.

But not the last...?

My dreams are similar to the ones already listed, but hey, why not?
1. Become a Psychiatrist: always been an interest of mine, plus it seems mental health is sometimes overlooked.
2. Marriage: I've never understood the bad rap it gets.
3. 4 to 5 chil'uns: coming from a small family has made me yearn for a large one.
4. Live somewhere cold, like Europe: its February and already 80 degrees, plus I've only seen snow three or so times.
5. Serve in the military: a childhood dream that probably won't be realized, sadly.
6. Become a polyglot: hey, I can get by in five...cinco...cinc...fünf...wǔ.
 
wow lots of brave people wanting to skydive. i'll just watch and laugh if your parachute fails to deploy. 😉

mine:

find a job i love
boston marathon
hawaii ironman
travel...everywhere. i can never decide.
do political activism stuff

um...i'll probably get married and have kids, seems like most people do. i always thought i wanted kids till i got my little sisters, but now i'm not so sure.
 
um...i'll probably get married and have kids, seems like most people do. i always thought i wanted kids till i got my little sisters, but now i'm not so sure.

Do you take care of your sisters by yourself ? That must be a lot of work.

But if you have a husband, there will be less work because now there are two people instead of one. Cooperation makes a different. At least I hope.
 
1) Go to Oktoberfest with 3 or more friends
2) Score a 40+ on the MCAT
3) Fight a bear
4) Squeeze a human heart
5) Cut a tree down with a machine gun
6) Travel to London and stay there for a long enough time that I develop a mild English accent
7) Cure any disease
8) Teach a large group of students
9) Marry
10) Have a kid who grows up to famous
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6) Travel to London and stay there for a long enough time that I develop a mild English accent

:laugh: So with you there.

1) Visit a rainforest and spend some time doing research there.
2) Go to space! McCoy, anyone?
3) Publish something that changes the way people look at the world, be it in a spiritual or intellectual sense.
4) Pay homage to the grave of a man I worship.
5) See the Hagia Sophia.
6) Visit every single museum in Europe.
 
1) Go to Oktoberfest with 3 or more friends
2) Score a 40+ on the MCAT
3) Fight a bear
4) Squeeze a human heart
5) Cut a tree down with a machine gun
6) Travel to London and stay there for a long enough time that I develop a mild English accent
7) Cure any disease
8) Teach a large group of students
9) Marry
10) Have a kid who grows up to famous

Um.. score 40+ on the MCAT. We should both aim for 45 !
 
That's neato. But aren't you already? It only requires knowledge of at least two languages to become a polyglot.

Haha, that's true, but I'd say I'm only completely fluent in Spanish and English, so I've definitely got some work to do.