Thinking about giving up....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful555

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been here before so I'm super sorry to be annoying and stuff, I just need to talk to people who are in the same boat as me. I have always wanted to go to the med school in my hometown(the same med sxholl where my parents did their residencies and where I spent most of my life). Obviously this school is very close to my heart. So I was thrilled when I found out that I was accepted to their early assurance program, which meant that I would be accepted to their medical if I maintained a 3.5 and got a 509 on my mcat.

While I thought I could do that, i guess not..my fall semester junior year (last semester) I took really hard courses that I started out doing awfully in. I panicked, I cried and my anxiety and depression got worse and worse bc I thought I was going to get lower than a 3.5. I was planning on starting to study for my mcat that semester but I had to focus on school as well. I was able to do well in those classes after all and my gpa was fine.

During winter break I stared mcat studying. I was definitely motivated and ready to go, but for some reason I could not focus. I did what I could and finished the books. I did not take notes bc only very smart Indian parents told me I shouldn't waste my time doing that, however this was a mistake bc I had to go back again and make Flashcards.

Anyways the spring semester rolls around and I studied for the mcat. When I say studied, idek if I actually did. I did not study everyday, when I did I felt like I wasn't focused and my mind was was wandering. In fact I have not been able to be as hyper focused as I used to be .

when I made notes, I did not review them the next day or everyday, I'm reviewing them now. My Kaplan diagnostic was a 490 and my Kaplan practice exams since then have been a 502,501,504 (however the 504 I paused a little bit during some sections just to gather my thoughts, but I didn't look anything up. I just checked my answers After finished a section but I never changed them).

My exam is June 2nd and idk if I can do this. I don't feel prepared and is one month even enough to pull off a 509? My parents think I'll be ok and they don't get that I'm going to do really awful. They tell me I can't move the exam date or take a gap year and I don't want to.

This school this program has been my dream since forever and I've single handedly killed it. I'm going to be forever ashamed whne I get kicked out and idk how I'm glong to face my parents and their friends. I know people who have studied for an entire year and gotten a 510 so tnere is no way I can get a 509. Do u guys think I should just give up the program and teh again next year? I have two tries before August 31st. FWIW I have a 3.91 (not that it makes any difference)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Kaplan practice exams are notoriously difficult for no apparent reason. Take a few AAMC full lengths and reevaluate

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I've been here before so I'm super sorry to be annoying and stuff, I just need to talk to people who are in the same boat as me. I have always wanted to go to the med school in my hometown(the same med sxholl where my parents did their residencies and where I spent most of my life). Obviously this school is very close to my heart. So I was thrilled when I found out that I was accepted to their early assurance program, which meant that I would be accepted to their medical if I maintained a 3.5 and got a 509 on my mcat. While I thought I could do that, i guess not..my fall semester junior year (last semester) I took really hard courses that I started out doing awfully in. I panicked, I cried and my anxiety and depression got worse and worse bc I thought I was going to get lower than a 3.5. I was planning on starting to study for my mcat that semester but I had to focus on school as well. I was able to do well in those classes after all and my gpa was fine. Then came winter break, in which I stared mcat studying. I was definitely motivated and ready to go, but for some reason I could not focus. I did what I could and finished the books. I did not take notes bc only very smart Indian parents told me I shouldn't waste my time doing that, however this was a mistake bc I had to go back again and make Flashcards. Anyways the spring semester rolls around and I studied for the mcat. When I say studied, idek if I actually did. I did not study everyday, when I did I felt like I wasn't focused and my mind was was wandering. In fact I have not been able to be as hyper focused as I used to be . when I made notes, I did not review them the next day or everyday, I'm reviewing them now. My Kaplan diagnostic was a 490 and my Kaplan practice exams since then have been a 502,501,504 (however the 504 I paused a little bit during some sections just to gather my thoughts, but I didn't look anything up. I just checked my answers After finished a section but I never changed them). My exam is June 2nd and idk if I can do this. I don't feel prepared and is one month even enough to pull off a 509? My parents think I'll be ok and they don't get that I'm going to do really awful. They tell me I can't move the exam date or take a gap year and I don't want to. This school this program has been my dream since forever and I've single handedly killed it. I'm going to be forever ashamed whne I get kicked out and idk how I'm glong to face my parents and their friends. I know people who have studied for an entire year and gotten a 510 so tnere is no way I can get a 509. Do u guys think I should just give up the program and teh again next year? I have two tries before August 31st. FWIW I have a 3.91 (not that it makes any difference)
I'd love to offer advice, but first you have to learn how to use the Enter key, because it's impossible to read that Niagara of text.

Reactions: 14 users
Hey guys I've been here before so I'm super sorry to be annoying and stuff, I just need to talk to people who are in the same boat as me. I have always wanted to go to the med school in my hometown(the same med sxholl where my parents did their residencies and where I spent most of my life). Obviously this school is very close to my heart. So I was thrilled when I found out that I was accepted to their early assurance program, which meant that I would be accepted to their medical if I maintained a 3.5 and got a 509 on my mcat. While I thought I could do that, i guess not..my fall semester junior year (last semester) I took really hard courses that I started out doing awfully in. I panicked, I cried and my anxiety and depression got worse and worse bc I thought I was going to get lower than a 3.5. I was planning on starting to study for my mcat that semester but I had to focus on school as well. I was able to do well in those classes after all and my gpa was fine. Then came winter break, in which I stared mcat studying. I was definitely motivated and ready to go, but for some reason I could not focus. I did what I could and finished the books. I did not take notes bc only very smart Indian parents told me I shouldn't waste my time doing that, however this was a mistake bc I had to go back again and make Flashcards. Anyways the spring semester rolls around and I studied for the mcat. When I say studied, idek if I actually did. I did not study everyday, when I did I felt like I wasn't focused and my mind was was wandering. In fact I have not been able to be as hyper focused as I used to be . when I made notes, I did not review them the next day or everyday, I'm reviewing them now. My Kaplan diagnostic was a 490 and my Kaplan practice exams since then have been a 502,501,504 (however the 504 I paused a little bit during some sections just to gather my thoughts, but I didn't look anything up. I just checked my answers After finished a section but I never changed them). My exam is June 2nd and idk if I can do this. I don't feel prepared and is one month even enough to pull off a 509? My parents think I'll be ok and they don't get that I'm going to do really awful. They tell me I can't move the exam date or take a gap year and I don't want to. This school this program has been my dream since forever and I've single handedly killed it. I'm going to be forever ashamed whne I get kicked out and idk how I'm glong to face my parents and their friends. I know people who have studied for an entire year and gotten a 510 so tnere is no way I can get a 509. Do u guys think I should just give up the program and teh again next year? I have two tries before August 31st. FWIW I have a 3.91 (not that it makes any difference)
Paragraphsparagraphsparagraphs. Didn't read because no parargraphs.

Please... I'm begging you, at least write in paragraphs.

Reactions: 1 user
Did my best...

Hey guys I've been here before so I'm super sorry to be annoying and stuff, I just need to talk to people who are in the same boat as me.

I have always wanted to go to the med school in my hometown(the same med sxholl where my parents did their residencies and where I spent most of my life). Obviously this school is very close to my heart. So I was thrilled when I found out that I was accepted to their early assurance program, which meant that I would be accepted to their medical if I maintained a 3.5 and got a 509 on my mcat.

While I thought I could do that, i guess not..my fall semester junior year (last semester) I took really hard courses that I started out doing awfully in. I panicked, I cried and my anxiety and depression got worse and worse bc I thought I was going to get lower than a 3.5. I was planning on starting to study for my mcat that semester but I had to focus on school as well. I was able to do well in those classes after all and my gpa was fine.

Then came winter break, in which I stared mcat studying. I was definitely motivated and ready to go, but for some reason I could not focus. I did what I could and finished the books. I did not take notes bc only very smart Indian parents told me I shouldn't waste my time doing that, however this was a mistake bc I had to go back again and make Flashcards. Anyways the spring semester rolls around and I studied for the mcat. When I say studied, idek if I actually did. I did not study everyday, when I did I felt like I wasn't focused and my mind was was wandering. In fact I have not been able to be as hyper focused as I used to be . when I made notes, I did not review them the next day or everyday, I'm reviewing them now.

My Kaplan diagnostic was a 490 and my Kaplan practice exams since then have been a 502,501,504 (however the 504 I paused a little bit during some sections just to gather my thoughts, but I didn't look anything up. I just checked my answers After finished a section but I never changed them). My exam is June 2nd and idk if I can do this. I don't feel prepared and is one month even enough to pull off a 509? My parents think I'll be ok and they don't get that I'm going to do really awful. They tell me I can't move the exam date or take a gap year and I don't want to.

This school this program has been my dream since forever and I've single handedly killed it. I'm going to be forever ashamed whne I get kicked out and idk how I'm glong to face my parents and their friends. I know people who have studied for an entire year and gotten a 510 so tnere is no way I can get a 509.

Do u guys think I should just give up the program and teh again next year? I have two tries before August 31st. FWIW I have a 3.91 (not that it makes any difference)

Reactions: 5 users
Step 1 - Take a deep breath. There will be other opportunities if this early assurance program does not work out.
Step 2 - Know that Kaplan tests usually give you a lower score than people seem to get on the real thing. For a more accurate number try the AAMC practice tests. There are 2.
Step 3 - You are still a long ways from testing time! How many hours per day or week can you study in the month before the exam date? Consider that before you re-schedule. Everyone comes from different academic backgrounds and has different time to prep, but I studied 10 hours/day for all 28-32 days between my finals and MCAT and pulled a 515. This was, however, after a yearlong biochem course w/ ACS final so I did not have to study that. Consider what pre-reqs you have had and how recently, and what you havent had

Just skimmed your very long story so will leave other points to address to them, but this is just my two cents specifically about the MCAT.

Seems to me like getting into med school as far away from home as possible would be the best thing that could happen to you.

Reactions: 5 users
OP is still fine for DO, but had better stop allowing his/her parents to sabotage career
Not trying to go DO..just trying to stay in this MD program...prolly isn't gonna happen tho

Seems to me like getting into med school as far away from home as possible would be the best thing that could happen to you.
My parents just want the best for me. And this medical school is my dream school..

From now on, use paragraphs; several of us only read your post because @Oso did it for you (thanks for that, by the way).

You need to find a way to stop letting your parents infect you with their tension. I know that’s easier said than done, but it is possible, and it’s also necessary. You’re having trouble focusing because you’re chronically and severely stressed (an effect you need to study for the MCAT, by the way), and you're letting that guide your mind, instead of your intrinsic desire to learn.

First and foremost, you need to address your mental health. Make an appointment with a mental health professional tomorrow morning. If you can’t manage your mental and physical health within the next month, you may need to postpone the MCAT.

Here are some small suggestions that may help: Tomorrow afternoon, go outside to a park and take a 20-minute walk in the sun barefoot if the sun is out.

Over the course of the next week, watch the movies “Darkest Hour” (a movie about facing certain defeat with defiant courage) and “3 Idiots” (which is about learning for the joy of it, not for extrinsic motivations like fear of greed).

Next week, you’ll need a valid diagnostic. Kaplan exams are excessively difficult, so you’re probably doing just fine. The only predictive exams are the two official AAMC full-length exams. Buy all the AAMC materials, if you haven’t already, and take the first official practice exam soon under realistic conditions.

If you wind up at least close to the score you want, great. If not, you may have to postpone. I know how hard it is to say no to Indian parents, but sometimes it may be necessary.

What your parents really want is for you to succeed, right? Well, you may know how the MCAT works and the competitiveness of schools better at this point than they. You know how to give them what they and the society want: your well-being and success. So, make a plan. Be confident that you know what you’re talking about. Convince your parents. Lead them. If they believe you, they will move heaven and earth to help you make that plan happen, I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Kaplan exams are usually much more difficult in the scoring metrics than a real exam.
1. Take an AAMC practice test in real testing conditions without long breaks between sections, then report back. Anecdotal but I believe I was scoring 505-507 on Kaplan and got 513 on real exam.
2. You have until June 2, some people only study a TOTAL of 6 weeks and get 513+, just kick ass the next 6 weeks and do your best.
3. your GPA is a 3.91 and you're worried about going below a 3.5? Even if you bombed a semester you have it in you to get a 4.0 every other semester.
4. Relax man, I know this process is crazy and breeds hysteria and neuroticism but take a deep breath and do your best, that's all you can do. Finally, with strict parents pushing you to make certain decisions, after your MCAT do some deep reflections and insure that this is the career YOU want. You don't want to come to a realization like that too late. Medical school is difficult, but if you want it for YOU, it's easier to push through barriers. However, if you realize it's for someone else, you may crash and burn.

Reactions: 1 users
My parents just want the best for me. And this medical school is my dream school..

To be honest you probably don’t know all that much about other schools. There are plenty of schools that you’ll be just as happy at. Not to mention it would do you some good to mature and cut the cord so to speak.

The main reason I say this is because med school admissions are already hard. Placing all of your hopes and dreams in one school only adds more stress and makes things more difficult. Do the best you can and realize that not getting into this school is not the end of the world. It may be a positive in the long run.

Btw Kaplan exams are hard. I scored a 504 on one of them and did much better on the real thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Step 1 - Take a deep breath. There will be other opportunities if this early assurance program does not work out.
Step 2 - Know that Kaplan tests usually give you a lower score than people seem to get on the real thing. For a more accurate number try the AAMC practice tests. There are 2.
Step 3 - You are still a long ways from testing time! How many hours per day or week can you study in the month before the exam date? Consider that before you re-schedule. Everyone comes from different academic backgrounds and has different time to prep, but I studied 10 hours/day for all 28-32 days between my finals and MCAT and pulled a 515. This was, however, after a yearlong biochem course w/ ACS final so I did not have to study that. Consider what pre-reqs you have had and how recently, and what you havent had

Just skimmed your very long story so will leave other points to address to them, but this is just my two cents specifically about the MCAT.

there are actually 3 scored full lengths now! Even more practice.

You seem like you are trying really, really hard to please your parents who are also, coincidentally, doctors. I’d first make sure that this is something YOU want for YOURSELF. If you come to the conclusion that it is something that you truly want, you’ll also come to find that going to med school close to home is the least of your worries when it comes to becoming a doctor. If you find that you don’t want it, well, that’s another story.

Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like you should really try to move out for med school...that kind of domineering relationship with your parents will only stunt your maturity..

OP has said that the school is his dream school. I don't think the problem is whether or not he wants to continue down this path. It seems that he is lacking focus for some reason. Maybe depression.

Kaplan exams are bogus for telling you how you are doing. Take an AAMC practice test, this will be much better indicator.

Next, your mindset. You are obviously a smart guy. I think your issue is you are aiming low; just trying to barely get that 509. This is disastrous. You need to aim for a 520+ from now till June, and try to get a 520+ like your life depended on it; it does. Also, where are you struggling? Which sections?

You need to be aggressive. Why can't you focus? Is it something emotional or mental? Is it because you get distracted every five minutes by social media, your phone? Also, don't listen to your parents about how to study. They were in school probably decades ago, and things were different then. You need to figure out how YOU study and carefully practice this, not how someone else studies. Besides, you have six weeks. You will knock this out of the park if you get aggressive and take life by the balls. And if you're out here posting about this it means you are bright enough to recognize the issue. Now take the steps to fix it.

Do you want to be a physician, or do you any to make your parents happy by attending a certain school?

Not sure if I can count myself as in the same boat as you but I was in a BS/MD program that had 3 tries to get my MCAT score cutoff and a 3.5 GPA cutoff. I missed the MCAT mark the first 2 times and didn't take it a 3rd time.

Hindsight is 20/20 - now I have to apply out to 30 schools this upcoming cycle and worry about interviews and the possibility of not being accepted/taking another gap year. Having these weigh heavily on my mind is causing me quite a bit of stress, but mainly regret for not trying a third time.

From my perspective, anecdotally, if I were to weigh the pros and cons in your situation, I would work my ass off for the remaining months and prioritize MCAT to knock it out of the ballpark before August. Anyone can do it, it's just the amount of time and priority you put into it.

Are you going to be on summer break this upcoming season?

Relax.. the highest I ever got on those satanic Kaplan tests was a 504 and I got a 512 on the real thing. As mentioned above, take AAMC Full length ASAP. Those were pretty darn accurate.

If those are your Kaplan scores...Take a deep breath relax. Wake up at 7am or whatever and start by 8 and take AAMC FL1 and let us know what your score is.

I think Kaplan fixed their scoring a little while back. I was making 503/504 on Kaplan and took my AAMC FL expecting like a 10 pt jump like people say, but made a 504 on my AAMC FL....could be wrong tho

I think Kaplan fixed their scoring a little while back. I was making 503/504 on Kaplan and took my AAMC FL expecting like a 10 pt jump like people say, but made a 504 on my AAMC FL....could be wrong tho

I heard this recently from someone else too, so thanks for bringing this up.

It is possible the OP could have taken an older Kaplan exam though, so the "Kaplan is harder" logic might or might not still apply. Probably not though, it sounds like.

Either way, low 500s is not a bad score at all (it's above average, right?). And 509 is definitely within reach for someone scoring in that range, provided the OP stops being paralyzed by stress and starts focusing so much that they lose themselves in the material until June 2nd.

I heard this recently from someone else too, so thanks for bringing this up.

It is possible the OP could have taken an older Kaplan exam though, so the "Kaplan is harder" logic might or might not still apply. Probably not though, it sounds like.

Either way, low 500s is not a bad score at all (it's above average, right?). And 509 is definitely within reach for someone scoring in that range, provided the OP stops being paralyzed by stress and starts focusing so much that they lose themselves in the material until June 2nd.
Agreed. 500 ->510 is much easier than, say, 510 -> 520

I don’t really understand your outlook and general doom and gloom mentality. First off, you have a really solid GPA and nobody can take that away from you. This should also mean that you possess the tools to get that 509 you need. Go and follow a proven study plan and try your best. Lastly, let’s say you get a 505 or even less...you may get kicked out of your program but as long as your GPA is still good you’ll probably be just fine for DO schools and you’ll be a doctor at the end of the day. I will note that based on my analysis of your post...you seem extremely disorganized regarding mcat prep. This is an incredibly grueling test but does have proven plans for success. The fact that you are taking blind advice from “really smart Indian parents” shows to me that you are still naive to put your faith in anyone but your own hands. I don’t blame you though, few even amongst premed have the maturity required to navigate the trenches adequately.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don’t really understand your outlook and general doom and gloom mentality. First off, you have a really solid GPA and nobody can take that away from you. This should also mean that you possess the tools to get that 509 you need. Go and follow a proven study plan and try your best. Lastly, let’s say you get a 505 or even less...you may get kicked out of your program but as long as your GPA is still good you’ll probably be just fine for DO schools and you’ll be a doctor at the end of the day. I will note that based on my analysis of your post...you seem extremely disorganized regarding mcat prep. This is an incredibly grueling test but does have proven plans for success. The fact that you are taking blind advice from “really smart Indian parents” shows to me that you are still naive to put your faith in anyone but your own hands. I don’t blame you though, few even amongst premed have the maturity required to navigate the trenches adequately.

Yeah, I will agree with u tnah my prep is disorganized. But my outlook and general gloom is not soemtbing I chose. I don't wake up each morning and hope tnah I have another awful day. It's bc I have to live up to expectations and if I get kicked out I'll be pretty sad and embarrassed. As for DO, I realize that it's still a doctor but I don't think I will be happy there. I might take a gap year idk. But between my anxiety, and fear my prep has been disorganized I can agree with u there. What I'm wondering is can I come back from this in a month and get a 509, or drop out of this program now

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm trying not to be paralyzed in fear . It's not my forte...do u honestly think it can be done? Because I don't know how I'll cope with it getting Kkixed out after studying when I could just drop the program now..QUOTE="Prometheus123, post: 19934786, member: 546546"]I heard this recently from someone else too, so thanks for bringing this up.

Either way, low 500s is not a bad score at all (it's above average, right?). And 509 is definitely within reach for someone scoring in that range, provided the OP stops being paralyzed by stress and starts focusing so much that they lose themselves in the material until June 2nd.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I can count myself as in the same boat as you but I was in a BS/MD program that had 3 tries to get my MCAT score cutoff and a 3.5 GPA cutoff. I missed the MCAT mark the first 2 times and didn't take it a 3rd time.

Hindsight is 20/20 - now I have to apply out to 30 schools this upcoming cycle and worry about interviews and the possibility of not being accepted/taking another gap year. Having these weigh heavily on my mind is causing me quite a bit of stress, but mainly regret for not trying a third time.

From my perspective, anecdotally, if I were to weigh the pros and cons in your situation, I would work my ass off for the remaining months and prioritize MCAT to knock it out of the ballpark before August. Anyone can do it, it's just the amount of time and priority you put into it.

Are you going to be on summer break this upcoming season?
Yes I will be..I just have to deal with finals till may 9th

OP has said that the school is his dream school. I don't think the problem is whether or not he wants to continue down this path. It seems that he is lacking focus for some reason. Maybe depression.

Kaplan exams are bogus for telling you how you are doing. Take an AAMC practice test, this will be much better indicator.

Next, your mindset. You are obviously a smart guy. I think your issue is you are aiming low; just trying to barely get that 509. This is disastrous. You need to aim for a 520+ from now till June, and try to get a 520+ like your life depended on it; it does. Also, where are you struggling? Which sections?

You need to be aggressive. Why can't you focus? Is it something emotional or mental? Is it because you get distracted every five minutes by social media, your phone? Also, don't listen to your parents about how to study. They were in school probably decades ago, and things were different then. You need to figure out how YOU study and carefully practice this, not how someone else studies. Besides, you have six weeks. You will knock this out of the park if you get aggressive and take life by the balls. And if you're out here posting about this it means you are bright enough to recognize the issue. Now take the steps to fix it.
Do u really think it's possible? Some days I'm fired and ready to go and other days I think about how badly I've wasted five months and would rather let soenone else have my spot who deserves it

I'd love to offer advice, but first you have to learn how to use the Enter key, because it's impossible to read that Niagara of text.
i changed it, it is in paragraphs now. please help

Hey guys I've been here before so I'm super sorry to be annoying and stuff, I just need to talk to people who are in the same boat as me. I have always wanted to go to the med school in my hometown(the same med sxholl where my parents did their residencies and where I spent most of my life). Obviously this school is very close to my heart. So I was thrilled when I found out that I was accepted to their early assurance program, which meant that I would be accepted to their medical if I maintained a 3.5 and got a 509 on my mcat.

During winter break I stared mcat studying. I was definitely motivated and ready to go, but for some reason I could not focus. I did what I could and finished the books. I did not take notes bc only very smart Indian parents told me I shouldn't waste my time doing that, however this was a mistake bc I had to go back again and make Flashcards.

Anyways the spring semester rolls around and I studied for the mcat. When I say studied, idek if I actually did. I did not study everyday, when I did I felt like I wasn't focused and my mind was was wandering. In fact I have not been able to be as hyper focused as I used to be .

when I made notes, I did not review them the next day or everyday, I'm reviewing them now. My Kaplan diagnostic was a 490 and my Kaplan practice exams since then have been a 502,501,504 (however the 504 I paused a little bit during some sections just to gather my thoughts, but I didn't look anything up. I just checked my answers After finished a section but I never changed them).

My exam is June 2nd and idk if I can do this. I don't feel prepared and is one month even enough to pull off a 509? My parents think I'll be ok and they don't get that I'm going to do really awful. They tell me I can't move the exam date or take a gap year and I don't want to.

This school this program has been my dream since forever and I've single handedly killed it. I'm going to be forever ashamed whne I get kicked out and idk how I'm glong to face my parents and their friends. I know people who have studied for an entire year and gotten a 510 so tnere is no way I can get a 509. Do u guys think I should just give up the program and teh again next year? I have two tries before August 31st. FWIW I have a 3.91 (not that it makes any difference)
Stop everything and get your mental health issues taken care of.
/thread

You are either going to:
take the MCAT, pass and move into the MD program
or
take the MCAT, score too low for the MD program and have to come up with an alternative plan
or
put off the MCAT and take a gap year and then:
take the MCAT, pass and move into the MD program or
take the MCAT, score too low for the MD program and have to come up with an alternative plan or
decide to scr3w this whole business and do something completely different

Take a breath. Take some real AMCAS diagnostics, not those Kaplan tests that are meant to send you flying into the arms of Kaplan with your check for $$$$. Decide if you are mentally ready for the MCAT or if your health is such that you'd be healthier and better prepared a year from now. Think a bit about what your alternative would be if the MCAT doesnt' work out this year or if it doesn't work out after a gap year.

well, i have finals till may 9th so trying ti put in 2 hours a day. from that point one till june 2nd, i will be studying every single day from 8/9 in the morning to 7/8 in the evening

Chill bro i only studied for 8 weeks and got a 506 (planning a retake, tanked the psych soc with a 123). Definitely understand where you are coming from had some issues of my own in college that lead to anxiety (tore my ACL the night before i started finals junior year then essentially did the same senior year but with an added meniscus tear). Having my timeline pushed back led to a number of long nights and even a few panic attacks (1st time in my life), but i realized there is nothing wrong with pushing med school back a year or two. If you decide to reschedule your MCAT (highly recommend) make sure you don't procrastinate again. Create a plan and stick with it. Lastly as a fellow indian i understand asian parents can be overbearing and pushy, trust your gut because at the end of the day only you know whats best for you.
i dont think the procrastination was the issue, i think it was more of balancing both school and the studying. I could not let one drop for the other and so my anxiety stemmed from there. I think if i wasn't so anxious, I would be able to focus more and plane better, but like i said, i had never not planned to study, its just that sometimes it didn't work out and that scared me

well, i have finals till may 9th so trying ti put in 2 hours a day. from that point one till june 2nd, i will be studying every single day from 8/9 in the morning to 7/8 in the evening
That's a terrible study plan. Really.

You're just going to burn yourself out and not retain anything studying that much per day. I'd say give yourself two to four hours per day, max, and you'll probably do just as well as if you've studied the 11-ish hours you're planning.

If you already have a 3.9x, you know the material. I wouldn't even study content at all if I was you - just take practice questions. It will help you way more in the end.

Yes I will be..I just have to deal with finals till may 9th

The medical school I was set to attend was close to my home and also a fantastic place to be in general. The curriculum, facilities, and everything about it was great. Trust me, if you really want to go to medical school, don't let this opportunity slip.

Take these remaining months and prioritize your MCAT #1, your GPA is already insanely stellar.

Do u think this is true? Bc if it is ten I might be in ok shape..if not, then I'm screwed
I'm confident it's true because the same thing happened to me. I took 13 practice tests and 10 of them were Kaplan. Highest kaplan score was 504. Got a 511 and a 513 on aamc practice. 512 on the real deal. You're fine. Take care of yourself.