Thinking of dropping an elective class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moralis

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently taking a computer science elective which is not part of my major (biomedical engineering) or medicine. However, it is taking up a lot of my time for project coding and preventing me from devoting more effort to research and other classes. I also would still have 15 credits this sem. after dropping the class.

Would it look very bad for admissions if I dropped the class and took a W? This would likely be the first and last time I take a W in undergrad.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently taking a computer science elective which is not part of my major (biomedical engineering) or medicine. However, it is taking up a lot of my time for project coding and preventing me from devoting more effort to research and other classes. I also would still have 15 credits this sem. after dropping the class.

Would it look very bad for admissions if I dropped the class and took a W? This would likely be the first and last time I take a W in undergrad.
This is what they are for! Of course, it would have been better for you to have realized this before your drop/add period ended, but if the alternative is sacrificing your GPA on your other 15 credits, it is no choice at all. No, it's not a great look, but it is far from fatal. Do what you have to do!!

Taking a single W is a non-event. Take the W and the piece of mind that goes along with it.