Jun 15, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I am currently taking a computer science elective which is not part of my major (biomedical engineering) or medicine. However, it is taking up a lot of my time for project coding and preventing me from devoting more effort to research and other classes. I also would still have 15 credits this sem. after dropping the class.

Would it look very bad for admissions if I dropped the class and took a W? This would likely be the first and last time I take a W in undergrad.

Mar 14, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I am currently taking a computer science elective which is not part of my major (biomedical engineering) or medicine. However, it is taking up a lot of my time for project coding and preventing me from devoting more effort to research and other classes. I also would still have 15 credits this sem. after dropping the class.

Would it look very bad for admissions if I dropped the class and took a W? This would likely be the first and last time I take a W in undergrad.
This is what they are for! Of course, it would have been better for you to have realized this before your drop/add period ended, but if the alternative is sacrificing your GPA on your other 15 credits, it is no choice at all. No, it's not a great look, but it is far from fatal. Do what you have to do!!

Rachapkis

2+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2018
Status
  1. Non-Student
Taking a single W is a non-event. Take the W and the piece of mind that goes along with it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads