Thinking of getting a new computer? I love my new tablet pc!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iiiimonica

4 eyes on me
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an IBM x41 tablet pc a few months ago and I wanted to share with you all how much I love it. If you are thinking about getting a new computer, get a tablet!

How do I love thee, let me count the ways
1. it weighs less than my ibook! never thought that was possible
2. all of my notes are in one place, no more multiple folders for me
3. searching notes is so easy it is scary
4. recording lectures is so wonderful - instead of having to listen to the whole tape, you can pull up the moment you got confused - no more listening and rewinding for me!
5. switching between typing and writing is a snap (you an also convert writing to type, but i have never used this feature)
6. you can write on top of pda's - no more killing trees for me
7. it attracts a crowd - people love to play with it, be warned

It could be better if....
1. it was a mac (i :love: mac)
2. all textbooks came in pdf's
3. they were cheaper
4. random people would stop asking me to play with it

I did a lot of research before I decided on the IBM (it was between this, the HP or the Toshiba). I bought last year's supped up model. The newer tablets will have even more memory and dual core processors. DCP's are way cool (they help the computer run quicker) but I decided to get an older model to save money. I don't work for IBM, (but PM if you want to hire me :laugh: ), just thought I'd share my experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! Getting new computers is a blast. I'm so happy to have my brand spankin' new MacBook Pro! I've never had a laptop before, and the idea that I can cary my world around with me is awesome...and it came w/ an iPod nano (or 180 bucks towards any other iPod)...so I'm on it until like 2 or 3 every night since it's so amazing. The only other thing I would have considered was a tablet pc, and I agree, Apple should make one! (...just not for a couple of years now please...)