Thinking of going into clinical Psych now :/

Started by xnfs93hy
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooooo. So you aren't wearing pants?
😎


Ooooohhhh myyyyyyyyyy jeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeee , I had a feeling someone would go there...down boy , down ...😉 * throws a bucket of cold ice water on you *

CScull , he's a guy they're wired to think that way 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooooohhhh myyyyyyyyyy jeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeee , I had a feeling someone would go there...down boy , down ...😉 * throws a bucket of cold ice water on you *

CScull , he's a guy they're wired to think that way 😛

Hahaha, I almost said I needed to wash some underwear too... but I figured that would be taking it a bit too far, no?
 
lol not by me ! But so do I , I should do the laundry but I can't tear myself away from SDN and my new book that I'll be using for class June 30th ...yes I am that geekish . 😎
 
Last edited:
Do you know you're more likely to get struck by lighting than win the lottery? That you're more likely to die by being eaten by a shark than to be struck by lightening, and you're more likely to be killed by way of falling coconut than be bitten by a shark?

Just saying... 🙂

:laugh:

Ok. I will drop a coconut on Jeff's head. Task completed. Then we can go to the ocean to find a shark for him. Another task completed. Then we can go get lighting. ...... Um.. <-- This is the hard process. I don't know a place you can get lighting.

Damn. We are almost there to prepare for Jeff's lottery. Almost!
 
Por supuesto, mon ami!

French, Italian and Spanish are all romance languages (based on Latin), so they share a lot of root words and structural similarities.

I'm with Tennis--let's buy a huge hSDN lottery ticket and get rich and not have to worry about paying for med school!
Yeah, I took a Geography class before and I know it is in the Romance
sub group belonging to the Indo-European major group, which belongs to
the mother tongue/language or what ever

The chapter is faint in my memory
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good mess. What the heck is that s'posed to mean? No, I don't want to know... oh gosh... ohh gosh.
 
She is the sweet, innocent one.

Google it, love. On second thought, don't. You're better off without the mental imagery.
 
She is the sweet, innocent one.

Google it, love. On second thought, don't. You're better off without the mental imagery.

Yeah, don't Google it.

And I have my picture up in another thread and I don't look that bad 😀

And if you do happen to look it up, you will be happy to know that I didn't actually cream anything 😀
 
I really hope it's not what I think it means. So I'm just going to pretend it's not.
 
cream pants-

To jizz your pants, u finish your pants when someone gets u aroused, Jizzing your pants when ur excited.
 
OH MY GOSH.

YOU DID NOT JUST.

Oh my... oh my...

I'm going to have to borrow that bleach.

Ew.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ew. ew. ew. ew. ew.

I'm wearing a winter coat, underarmor, pants, and ski pants. A ski mask, gloves, sunglasses. A blanket. Completely covered.

EW.
 
Ok kids. This thread has obviously outlived it's usefulness. hSDN IS NOT the place for sexually explicit topics, nor is the rest of SDN. I'm closing this thread. From now on, keep the convo appropriate in all the hSDN threads.
 
Before this thread ran horribly off course, there were a few questions I thought I'd answer.....

The good PhD programs are quite competitive in their own right and require a lot of quality scholarship to earn your doctorate.

Competition for quality Clinical Psychology Ph.D.programs is incredibly competitive because there are only a handful of spots per program per year, and you have to be a solid research match to be considered. If you want to do anxiety research, you can only (realistically) apply to programs that have faculty that conduct research in that area.

On a more on-topic note I'm kinda interested in Clinical Psych too, what's the difference in schooling between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist? Do Psychiatrists go to med school? (I apologize as this is a very google-able question but I was already writing this post so...)

The quick answer:

Clinical Psychologist: Attends graduate school and is trained in therapy, assessment, and research. A large portion of training is spent on research and theory. Training lasts 4-5+ years at the doctoral level, and then a 1 year internship, and then a 1-2 year post-doc. A clinical psychologist typically conducts therapy, assessments, teaches, researches, etc.

Psychiatrist: Attends medical school and is trained as a physician. Training lasts 4 years, and then there is a residency that typically lasts 4 years (varies if you child, going for multiple boardings/specialities, etc). A psychiatrist mainly handles meds management and/or a range of other opportunities in a hospital or a private practice. They also can work in other areas like sleep labs, teach, do therapy (if receiving additional training), etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.