Third party administrators encroaching in the field

Started by latinman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

latinman

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to hear the experience that any one of you guys might have when dealing with insurance contracts from these entities. The area in which I practice has been taken over by TPA's. Consequently, at least half of my insurance contract are done thru them instead of dealing directly with insurance companies. Any thoughts on how can PM&R docs or physical therapists push back on this?
 
I have no idea what you are asking. Push back how? It is the Insurance Co's right to use TPA for their case management. If you practice good medicine, you will have an easier time getting through to the case managers than an adjuster.