This for people waiting to get to Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zizo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I saw a lot of discussion about Yale and its acceptances. I got my acceptance letter last week along with some friends of mine here at MIT.(looks like all people applied from MIT got in). Anyway, Most if not all of us are still waiting for state schools replies and I can assure you that a large number of us are not gonna be next Year at Yale. And because of the problems of AMCAS this year, almost all acceptances are delayed compared to the same time last year. So if you are on the waiting list at Yale, there is really a great chance for getting in. So don't worry much about it.

Also, most of the people who are gonna withdraw from Yale are gonna do so at the beginning of May (to June).. so don't worry about getting in early. A lot of spaces are gonna open up in May-June. So don't ever worry about it.

Good luck everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if they tell us what tier waitlist we're on? I'll call, but just wondering...

Firstly, congratulations on your acceptance Zizo. Whether or not you decide to attend, you should be really proud of your accomplishment. As for the information you v. generously provided, would you mind elaborating? Do you know approximately how many people are going to decline their acceptances (or even how many MIT students Yale accepted)? Also, you mentioned that most aren't going to do so until early May, why the delay? I realize that students have until May 15th to hold multiple acceptances, but if people have already made up their minds, is there a reason they are not declining sooner? I understand you are just one person and therefore offering an opinion about other people may be difficult, but I'm curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks for the help and congratulations again.

Hi guys,

1- I know 3 people who are in my situation (accepted to Yale but still waiting from state or other schools).

2- for all of three of us, we really wanna get the hell out of new england. I wanna go back to Ca. and the other two are from New York and Washington (the state not DC). so they are also still waiting.

3- Regarding the question of why we are waiting until May, it's mainly because most of us would like to get all the acceptances and then decide. and some of us are waitlisted and the complete info will not be known until May-June.

Thanks guys,