This Forum Has Become...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This forum has been better lately. It's out of it's slump. For now.

Members don't see this ad.

Although it's a topic within this thread that has died off over a year ago..

I'm amazed at how much pubic grooming occurs over here in a war zone... there are even people who use the self-wax kits in their bunks then come in with labial abscesses or other problems... this isn't the sort of clean environment in which you want to be ripping your hair out.

There's nothing like doing a pelvic exam while wearing body armor. Although there are times back home when I wish I could wear it while seeing patients...

Members don't see this ad :)
actually, I've been thinking of this exact thread the last couple weeks birdstrike

From page 2, for perspective.
Come on, man. First of all, those were great posts, while they lived, God rest their souls. Lol

Plus, you and I have contributed to many an interesting thread. This thread (and bumping it) is more to light a fire under the lurkers to post more. As much as I try to post interesting stuff, when the lurkers outweigh the posters, it gets boring. That's all. *There, that's my boring contribution to SDN EM, for the week.*

Come on, man. First of all, those were great posts, while they lived, God rest their souls. Lol

Plus, you and I have contributed to many an interesting thread. This thread (and bumping it) is more to light a fire under the lurkers to post more. As much as I try to post interesting stuff, when the lurkers outweigh the posters, it gets boring. That's all. *There, that's my boring contribution to SDN EM, for the week.*

Dude, as Gunny Hartman said: "Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means YOU live forever." Those great posts are gone, forgotten, never to ever be even considered again...in the aether, disjoint, digital ghosts that will never again alight in this reality. Gone like a fart in the wind.

I'm just sayin'...I mean, I'm like, you know, right? Man? It's kinda, umm...well it is. <-- you DO know that I am considered "the Great Communicator", right? I am the spiritual successor to Will Rogers and Ronnie Reagan (pronounced REE-gan, like Archie Bunker did, whose name was pronounced "Ahhh-chee" by his beloved "dingbat", when she was not "stifling (herself)"). I am a GREAT GUY, and my single, solitary best trait is my overwhelming humility and selflessness. I am SO ******* humble and self-effacing, you can't even believe it!

(That's called irony, 'cause, really, I'm a kind of nerdy, somewhat formal and brainy kind of guy.)

Dude, as Gunny Hartman said: "Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means YOU live forever." Those great posts are gone, forgotten, never to ever be even considered again...in the aether, disjoint, digital ghosts that will never again alight in this reality. Gone like a fart in the wind.

I'm just sayin'...I mean, I'm like, you know, right? Man? It's kinda, umm...well it is. <-- you DO know that I am considered "the Great Communicator", right? I am the spiritual successor to Will Rogers and Ronnie Reagan (pronounced REE-gan, like Archie Bunker did, whose name was pronounced "Ahhh-chee" by his beloved "dingbat", when she was not "stifling (herself)"). I am a GREAT GUY, and my single, solitary best trait is my overwhelming humility and selflessness. I am SO ******* humble and self-effacing, you can't even believe it!

(That's called irony, 'cause, really, I'm a kind of nerdy, somewhat formal and brainy kind of guy.)
Okay. Now, we're getting somewhere...

Did you get your idea from the anesthesiology forum? Coincidentally, two threads saying the same thing came up in the past week.

I don't think that it is so boring. I'm not sure what you want. We're not inundated with "what are my chances" or "rank these programs" - there are some, but not so many of those stupid, sucky threads like, for example, IM has. One guy there tried to fire up their forum, and is mostly single-handedly keeping that thread going. Those folks just won't engage.

And what is the mantra of complaining? If you are going to state a problem, also state a solution to that problem.

As a flea. Who is routinely embarrassed by my own forum. I come in here all the time to see what's up you guys. I mostly lurk (there's a lot of cross management stuff I like and you guys turned me onto EMcrit podcast). I guess I think my point is: could be worse. Complaining about the boring nature of this forum (and I mean ZERO offense by this) I think is alot like not appreciating what you actually have.

Reactions: 1 user
As a flea. Who is routinely embarrassed by my own forum. I come in here all the time to see what's up you guys. I mostly lurk (there's a lot of cross management stuff I like and you guys turned me onto EMcrit podcast). I guess I think my point is: could be worse. Complaining about the boring nature of this forum (and I mean ZERO offense by this) I think is alot like not appreciating what you actually have.
Agree, but it has lulls and sometimes needs a fire lit under it. Post more, even it's just like the one above.

I haven't seen a real live anesthesiologist since I was in residency. Then again, I haven't seen a real live dermatologist since I was in medical school...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user