This is really frustrating... (Tufts Supplement Fee)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigboikhoa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my application to Tufts back in July and paid my supplement fee as soon as possible (mid-August). A day later, I got a receipt of my payment, so I assumed everything was good. I believe my status for Tufts stayed at "Under review" for the longest time. However, I received an email from Tufts yesterday that said that my application was placed on hold because I didn't pay the supplement fee, so I sent them an email with the receipt attached. This is really frustrating... Does this mean my application is basically at the very bottom of the pile? I understand mistakes happen and life is unfair, but to be placed at the bottom of the pile because of an administrative mistake is crazy. Please let me know what you guys think about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow what the heck......Your application has been in the incomplete file this whole time

Wow what the heck......Your application has been in the incomplete file this whole time
Honestly feels unacceptable... the thought of a potential interview invite or possibly acceptance going down the drain because of an administration mistake? I wouldn't have any problem if they let me know earlier, but to wait until mid-November to tell me my application was considered "incomplete". Not only is it a waste of time for both of us, it was 200 dollars that went into this app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Listen friend,

With that DAT score and assuming your gpa isn't a dumpster fire you should be getting interviews at schools that will position you better than Tufts.
That tuition is no joke and the school does nothing extraordinary to warrant that kind of money.

As far as tufts goes, they interview late into the cycle. This does suck but chin up and I hope you receive many more interviews and acceptances.

Reactions: 4 users
Honestly feels unacceptable... the thought of a potential interview invite or possibly acceptance going down the drain because of an administration mistake? I wouldn't have any problem if they let me know earlier, but to wait until mid-November to tell me my application was considered "incomplete". Not only is it a waste of time for both of us, it was 200 dollars that went into this app.

Sorry about that, they still might invite you for a post-December interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Listen friend,

With that DAT score and assuming your gpa isn't a dumpster fire you should be getting interviews at schools that will position you better than Tufts.
That tuition is no joke and the school does nothing extraordinary to warrant that kind of money.

As far as tufts goes, they interview late into the cycle. This does suck but chin up and I hope you receive many more interviews and acceptances.
I have a pretty competitive GPA, so I think I'll be okay. I have 2 pre December interviews so far, and hoping for more post-December. I'll get over it, i just wanted to rant a bit. Also thanks for the kind words and advice.

Reactions: 1 users
Listen friend,

Any private school in a metropolitan city will be
expensive.

Reactions: 1 users
That's exactly what happened to me the last cycle with LECOM!
It's sucks; however, I believe it's for the better! I am confident that it is for a reason that Tufts it's not a place for you because you will get to a much better place (it will fit you better)!

That's exactly what happened to me the last cycle with LECOM!
It's sucks; however, I believe it's for the better! I am confident that it is for a reason that Tufts it's not a place for you because you will get to a much better place (it will fit you better)!
Thanks! I'm keeping my head up and hoping for the best.

Hi just saw this, the EXACT same thing happened to me! I was furious because my app said "Under Review" that whole time since August so I had no idea it was considered incomplete that whole time and I basically was not considered for pre-dec interviews even though I applied during the summer and paid the $200. I totally feel your pain. 2 weeks ago Tufts sent me an interview invite and I will be interviewing tomorrow 1/3. Just wanted to rant a bit too and let you know I was in the same boat but they finally got back to me. Hopefully you have heard back from them by now or will in the near future, good luck!

Hi just saw this, the EXACT same thing happened to me! I was furious because my app said "Under Review" that whole time since August so I had no idea it was considered incomplete that whole time and I basically was not considered for pre-dec interviews even though I applied during the summer and paid the $200. I totally feel your pain. 2 weeks ago Tufts sent me an interview invite and I will be interviewing tomorrow 1/3. Just wanted to rant a bit too and let you know I was in the same boat but they finally got back to me. Hopefully you have heard back from them by now or will in the near future, good luck!
I got into USC! So it's not super bad if i don't get an interview from Tufts because both are similar in price. Also, my home town is near USC so i'd probably chose it over Tufts, but good luck on your interview! I hope you do well this cycle!