This is why we can't have nice things...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtrack22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

If you want to know why a surgery center or hospital in a major metro area won't let you touch an ankle, or why custom orthotics aren't covered by insurance, or why nail care can basically only be done if the patient has major risk factors and even then can't be billed more than once every 2 months...watch this video

Podiatrists are the worst sometimes (ok, a lot of the time)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
That seems very... Ummm, "cutting edge."

Tampa, FL. Enough said?

I have been having fantastic results with my ultrasound guided dihydrogen monoxide injections for the treatment of achilles tendinosis.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This literally makes me nauseous. This doctor has made a fortune on a completely unproven product. Interesting that he calls it a balance brace or fall prevention brace. Problem is that Medicare doesn’t pay for either one of those. So he teaches how to bill for some other diagnosis to get reimbursed.

Even more interesting is that no physiatrist, neurologist, etc who have fall prevention programs have this in their plans and none use this device.

Read ANY legitimate study on fall prevention and you won’t hear about this device.

Now he’s got a fall prevention shoe to match.

Bro, do you even Citric Acid Cycle? All that O3 get up in that electron transport chain and like 3 times the acceptor making that muscle swol.

Me thinks you jelly for not even thinking of O3. Maybe if you were real doctor you could work with O4.

How are people able to get away with this? Is there a way for people like this to be held accountable

It’s mind boggling. There is no legitimate evidence these braces help and there are some studies that state bilateral braces actually can cause falls. These docs use scare tactics and tell elderly patients that without this brace they may fall, etc.

Once again, these are marketed as balance braces and fall prevention braces. But Medicare does NOT pay for either one. So the doctor has to fabricate some BS diagnosis to get reimbursed. And reimbursement is in the thousands.

This costs Medicare a crazy amount of money annually and I can not believe it hasn’t been flagged. YET.

It’s mind boggling. There is no legitimate evidence these braces help and there are some studies that state bilateral braces actually can cause falls. These docs use scare tactics and tell elderly patients that without this brace they may fall, etc.

Once again, these are marketed as balance braces and fall prevention braces. But Medicare does NOT pay for either one. So the doctor has to fabricate some BS diagnosis to get reimbursed. And reimbursement is in the thousands.

This costs Medicare a crazy amount of money annually and I can not believe it hasn’t been flagged. YET.
So sad I never even heard of ozone injections or these braces till I read this thread. None of the podiatrists I shadowed have ever performed a procedure like this either. This is infuriating.

They keep a blog of toenails on their youtube channel...

Members don't see this ad :)

If you want to know why a surgery center or hospital in a major metro area won't let you touch an ankle, or why custom orthotics aren't covered by insurance, or why nail care can basically only be done if the patient has major risk factors and even then can't be billed more than once every 2 months...watch this video

Podiatrists are the worst sometimes (ok, a lot of the time)

I have started doing carbon monoxide therapy in my clinic. I have yet to have a patient complain of pain afterwards. Actually, come to think of it, they really don't say much of anything afterwards.

I have started doing carbon monoxide therapy in my clinic. I have yet to have a patient complain of pain afterwards. Actually, come to think of it, they really don't say much of anything afterwards.
Mine always walk out complaining that it didn’t work.

Sorry, not funny.