this really bites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Su4n2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am so upset, just did my AMCAS application final GPA and i had overall 3.39 ( God forbid it could have been 3.4) but my science GPA comes out to 2.94!!! why? becasue f#$ing AMCAS counted my calculus class that i took twice and did horribly in both times twice. also, at my school ALL the bio classes are 2 credits but the chem/physics are 5. so no matter how many a's i have, they get overshadowed. despite a v.upward trend, i am screwed. i got A's in all my sciences the last 3 semesters but it makes no difference. i want to cry. i hate AMCAS!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry so much about it. The schools will easily be able to tell that you have an upward trend, remember that they don't just get your total GPA, they get each class, how many credits, the year taken, and the grade...so just because it doesn't look good on a overall, doesn't mean that it won't look good from semester to semester. :) Plus don't worry about the calculus, they always count retakes over. I had a friend go got straight C's her freshman year of college, then transfered and took all of them over and they counted every single one of them twice. The schools also know that and may just look at the higher score...they know that people make mistakes, plus it's calculus which a lot of people do poorly in. Just try and think positively, it won't help to get upset or overwhelmed.