This sounds like a great job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
OUTSIDE OF KANSAS CITY
One anesthesiologist needed - will consider perm candidate
February 6th - ongoing
No call
Cases: General, Ortho, GI, Neuro (spines and Bariatric)
100 cases per month
**CRNAs do the cases; MDA is there per hospital requirements**
Credentialing time is less than 30 days

Who needs Sudoko when you can be reading novels in the lounge and watching The Price is Right. I wonder what the malpractice premium is for just being the fall guy?

--
Il Destriero

Members don't see this ad.

From what I hear from colleagues who went to BFE, probably $450k base, malp with tail included, health/dental/vision included, retirement, plus bonus pay and student loan repayment or home mortgage assistance.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Price is Right really went downhill after Bob Barker left.

a5375fcaf51fadf2208bf78db0079bc7e2753a40ef1dafacee018de9f6ba8ffa.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
OUTSIDE OF KANSAS CITY
One anesthesiologist needed - will consider perm candidate
February 6th - ongoing
No call
Cases: General, Ortho, GI, Neuro (spines and Bariatric)
100 cases per month
**CRNAs do the cases; MDA is there per hospital requirements**
Credentialing time is less than 30 days

Who needs Sudoko when you can be reading novels in the lounge and watching The Price is Right. I wonder what the malpractice premium is for just being the fall guy?

--
Il Destriero
Sounds like a CRNA owned practice. You would really need to be an idiot to go for that.

Neurosurgery does the bariatric cases there? Weird...

Reactions: 2 users
I like how they **** on you from the beginning by calling you an mda

Reactions: 5 users
Hell, I'd sign up for that job if it was $400k or more. And sleep soundly at night.

All kidding aside, this is the problem with anesthesiologists these days. Lazy ass free loaders.

Yup...and everyone notices. In an era of medicine where every other word is "value" or "cost," it is a really stupid time to be lazy ass free loaders.

Reactions: 1 user
Hell, I'd sign up for that job if it was $400k or more. And sleep soundly at night.
I doubt you will sleep soundly at night knowing there are CRNAs doing neurosurgical and bariatric cases with your signature on their charts, and with the understanding that you are only there because the hospital wants someone else to share the liability.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All kidding aside, this is the problem with anesthesiologists these days. Lazy ass free loaders.
Opinions are like ass_holes......everybody's got one.......anyway, I've paid my dues. I've made my sacrifices, I've worked my ass off, I've missed too many family events to remember......if, in the twilight of my career, I opt to take a job such as this, I will.

Opinions are like ass_holes......everybody's got one.......anyway, I've paid my dues. I've made my sacrifices, I've worked my ass off, I've missed too many family events to remember......if, in the twilight of my career, I opt to take a job such as this, I will.

Opinions are like ass_holes. You'll also understand why the younger people who still have a career ahead of them will call out lazy ass freeloaders because their lazy ass freeloading sabotages the future for the rest of us.

Reactions: 5 users
Opinions are like ass_holes. You'll also understand why the younger people who still have a career ahead of them will call out lazy ass freeloaders because their lazy ass freeloading sabotages the future for the rest of us.
Best of luck in your future employ of an AMC.

Yeah, maybe a bit harsh on my end.
But I bet I'm older than you and I'm not ready for that **** job.
I still enjoy what I do. I still look forward to going to the hospital most days. I don't have a hard time crawling out of bed at the butt crack of dawn.
And don't mind calling out practices that make things harder to those that still have years to go in this field.
That's just me, nothing personal.

Yeah, a couple co-residents and I play a game called "pick out the attending who helped ruin the future of anesthesiology."

It's a tough game because they are always in the lounge or in their offices and never in the OR teaching.

Reactions: 7 users
You lost me at Kansas City.
I would leap at KC myself. Friends and support there, and more activity than where I am now.

But for the job described here? F*** you Saboo. I'll keep looking.

I refuse to be a lacky for CRNAs like that. And "hospital requirement" sounds ominously like "sue the pants off of this patsy."

I could have a lot of fun in a job like this, assuming it was a post-retirement arrangement. Establish a home in Florida or similar asset protection state. Protect every dollar, so I have no personal risk except my reputation. Make sure the hospital is covering the entire cost of any malpractice insurance etc. Sit back and wait for the inevitable, then sell the whole fing place down the river. The hospital, the admin, the CRNAs, all of them. Make sure the entire story gets into the press.

I could have a lot of fun in a job like this, assuming it was a post-retirement arrangement. Establish a home in Florida or similar asset protection state. Protect every dollar, so I have no personal risk except my reputation. Make sure the hospital is covering the entire cost of any malpractice insurance etc. Sit back and wait for the inevitable, then sell the whole fing place down the river. The hospital, the admin, the CRNAs, all of them. Make sure the entire story gets into the press.

There isn't anything to sell. U just a lackey/fall guy If anything goes down, u be the one on the hook. They will have the last laugh.

Sure if u just passing time and want some inccome and if pace isn't super fast some outpatient surgery centers where u have to preop 50 plus patients a day. Than it's not a bad gig to hang out at for a 1-2 years before riding off in the sunset.

Something tells me it's not like that. There is always a catch.

They've got google fiber there I think. Worth it

To sell someone down the river means to betray them (it's what the hospital is planning to do to whoever they hire.). I'm suggesting someone turn the tables on the hospital and sell them down the river.

With nothing to lose (all assets protected) there would be no reason not to burn them to the ground. Just take the job and wait for the inevitable lawsuit, then contact the plaintiff attorney and offer to cooperate in a suit against the hospital. They will be salivating at the opportunity to hit the big jackpot of a settlement with the hospital with a staff physician as the lead witness.

Then, take it to the press. They love whistleblowers. You could absolutely destroy the hospital and send a message.

To sell someone down the river means to betray them (it's what the hospital is planning to do to whoever they hire.). I'm suggesting someone turn the tables on the hospital and sell them down the river.

With nothing to lose (all assets protected) there would be no reason not to burn them to the ground. Just take the job and wait for the inevitable lawsuit, then contact the plaintiff attorney and offer to cooperate in a suit against the hospital. They will be salivating at the opportunity to hit the big jackpot of a settlement with the hospital with a staff physician as the lead witness.

Then, take it to the press. They love whistleblowers. You could absolutely destroy the hospital and send a message.

How would that protect you from repercussions though? Aren't you there as the fall guy? By taking the job you are agreeing to take all of that liability. You might be a great witness, but wouldnt your career still go down the crapper?

How would that protect you from repercussions though? Aren't you there as the fall guy? By taking the job you are agreeing to take all of that liability. You might be a great witness, but wouldnt your career still go down the crapper?

He did mention that it would be a post-retirement job, so no career at stake. Only your "reputation," whatever that's worth.