Thomas Jefferson 2012 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine took 2 months because the application kept coming up incomplete. After talking with the admissions folks a couple times, they finally got the application in proper order.

If you haven't heard anything, give their admissions a call and inquire about the status of your application.

Cool thanks for the feedback! I called them today to confirm that they have everything (they do) and the person on the phone said that my application was currently under review! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Cool thanks for the feedback! I called them today to confirm that they have everything (they do) and the person on the phone said that my application was currently under review! :xf:

Good stuff and good luck!

I just gave them a call as well and the guy said my application was complete and under review. So, I'll just wait because I guess no news is good news. I did receive your stats LJ265PHARMD, thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
They never got back to me in regards to a confirmation for the date of the interview, however I went ahead, called in and was able to confirm my interview for 1/7/13. Anyone else interviewing on that day?

They never got back to me in regards to a confirmation for the date of the interview, however I went ahead, called in and was able to confirm my interview for 1/7/13. Anyone else interviewing on that day?

I haven't heard back either, I'll be trying to go in on the 6th.

When I selected the date, I got an confirmation email titled "Order Confirmation for Jefferson School of Pharmacy Interview".

I was scheduled to interview on 1/7 but decided to cancel it. Sent two emails to the admission office and Karen Jacobs. No response. Called the admission office and they had no clue about the email and transferred me to talk to Karen. Left her a voicemail but she hasn't gotten back to me yet...... I'm going to try to call again tomorrow. I feel bad holding up an interview spot. But seriously, they are not that responsive.. :(

Just received email confirmation today on my interview date. I'll be interviewing on the 6th.

Just received email confirmation today on my interview date. I'll be interviewing on the 6th.

I got my interview invite yesterday and emailed them my preferences but haven't gotten a confirmation back yet. Do you mind sharing how long it took them to respond back to you? I don't want to contact them today but since they said they want us to confirm within a week I'm a little concerned because they might be closed for the Christmas break if I call in today or Monday...and I don't want to seem all anxious either...lol

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

I got my interview invite yesterday and emailed them my preferences but haven't gotten a confirmation back yet. Do you mind sharing how long it took them to respond back to you? I don't want to contact them today but since they said they want us to confirm within a week I'm a little concerned because they might be closed for the Christmas break if I call in today or Monday...and I don't want to seem all anxious either...lol

I responded on a Sunday and heard back on Wednesday.

image001.jpg

Happy Holidays from Jefferson School of Pharmacy !!!

Good luck on your interview :)
Please feel free to ask me any questions !!

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview on 1/06 was really good. I felt the descriptions of the interview in the 'Interview' section of studentdoctor was very accurate. Good luck everyone.

The interview on 1/06 was really good. I felt the descriptions of the interview in the 'Interview' section of studentdoctor was very accurate. Good luck everyone.

Agreed! All of the questions that my interviewer asked me yesterday were in the interview feedback section :thumbup:

Jefferson is a great school! I'm a P1 here & I loved my first semester! If you have any questions feel free to contact me! :)

Just got my acceptance email!! This looks to be a great program in a great area of Philly...definitely on my short list!! Good luck everyone!

Just got my acceptance email!! This looks to be a great program in a great area of Philly...definitely on my short list!! Good luck everyone!

Congrats, I received mine today as well and have decided to attend! Good luck!

Jefferson is a great school! I'm a P1 here & I loved my first semester! If you have any questions feel free to contact me! :)

:thumbup:

Congrats, I received mine today as well and have decided to attend! Good luck!

I was accepted today as well! Congrats future / potential classmates!!

Good luck to all other applicants :)

So, I've decided to apply to Jefferson, the deadline is March so I am cutting it close. I have a 3.4 gpa about 3.3 science gpa with 93 percentile pcats, and solid references along with 4 months at rite aid as a pharm tech. What are my chances of getting in since its pretty late? Thanks guys!

So, I've decided to apply to Jefferson, the deadline is March so I am cutting it close. I have a 3.4 gpa about 3.3 science gpa with 93 percentile pcats, and solid references along with 4 months at rite aid as a pharm tech. What are my chances of getting in since its pretty late? Thanks guys!

It sounds like a competitive package to me. You can see what the schools stats are on their page on Pharmcas and see how you rank up. They'll tell you what the average accepted GPA is and I think you can figure out on your own where your pcat stands.

It's a rolling application, so it will depend on availability - I don't know who they handle this but you'll likely want to put in your application soon.

Definitely apply asap! I had lower stats than you and zero pharmacy experience but I got an interview and was accepted last week :) Good luck!!

I was just wondering if you could tell me why you picked Jefferson over other pharmacy schools in Philly...i really like Jefferson but I felt the same about Temple and now I really don't know which one to choose! My only problem with Jefferson is that it's not accredited yet (but i know it will be and will be a great school in the future). The problem is that Temple is already established as a "good" school and Jefferson has the potential to be a "great" school and I don't want to look back and regret not going to one or the other. Any advice would be useful! Thanks in advance :)

Definitely apply asap! I had lower stats than you and zero pharmacy experience but I got an interview and was accepted last week :) Good luck!!

I was just wondering if you could tell me why you picked Jefferson over other pharmacy schools in Philly...i really like Jefferson but I felt the same about Temple and now I really don't know which one to choose! My only problem with Jefferson is that it's not accredited yet (but i know it will be and will be a great school in the future). The problem is that Temple is already established as a "good" school and Jefferson has the potential to be a "great" school and I don't want to look back and regret not going to one or the other. Any advice would be useful! Thanks in advance :)

Which ever one costs more go to the other, better to be in debt alittle than a lot.

You are very qualified and I would not see a problem with you getting in as long as you don't blow the interview. I'd strongly advise you to apply ASAP. Jeffersodoes interview as late as possible (March or April I believe)...so just get your app in. I spoke to a faculty member last week and was told that they still have a ton of interviews to do/slots to fill. BTW, I'm a P1 and willing to answer any questions you guys have via private message.

@LJ265PHARMD....I wouldn't worry about accreditation too much. Everyone had a slight concern about it when weighing his options of whether or not to go to JSP. Jefferson has met and exceeded every criteria for accreditation aside from the graduating class, so it's essentially a waiting game until May. Also, the hospital is really progressive as far as pharmacy goes, and things are synced up pretty well between the two.

Someone else mentioned the decision of choosing b/w Temple and Jefferson based on money. When I looked at it last spring, there was only about a $3,000 difference between the two. The stronger impression Jefferson made on me with its nicer facilities, superior hospital, smaller classes, and impressions I got from current students helped make up the small differance. Not to mention, Jefferson is in basically the best part of the city and Temple is, well, not. (Also, this was before all the Gov. Corbett budget cuts, so I'm not sure how that changed the minor advantage temple had in tuition last year....coming from another PA "state-related'' school for my undergrad, I can assure you that the cost of attandance at that school has skyrocketed since the cuts. Again, I can't really speak for TU's Rx school on that--it's just my assumption.

You are very qualified and I would not see a problem with you getting in as long as you don't blow the interview. I'd strongly advise you to apply ASAP. Jeffersodoes interview as late as possible (March or April I believe)...so just get your app in. I spoke to a faculty member last week and was told that they still have a ton of interviews to do/slots to fill. BTW, I'm a P1 and willing to answer any questions you guys have via private message.

@LJ265PHARMD....I wouldn't worry about accreditation too much. Everyone had a slight concern about it when weighing his options of whether or not to go to JSP. Jefferson has met and exceeded every criteria for accreditation aside from the graduating class, so it's essentially a waiting game until May. Also, the hospital is really progressive as far as pharmacy goes, and things are synced up pretty well between the two.

Someone else mentioned the decision of choosing b/w Temple and Jefferson based on money. When I looked at it last spring, there was only about a $3,000 difference between the two. The stronger impression Jefferson made on me with its nicer facilities, superior hospital, smaller classes, and impressions I got from current students helped make up the small differance. Not to mention, Jefferson is in basically the best part of the city and Temple is, well, not. (Also, this was before all the Gov. Corbett budget cuts, so I'm not sure how that changed the minor advantage temple had in tuition last year....coming from another PA "state-related'' school for my undergrad, I can assure you that the cost of attandance at that school has skyrocketed since the cuts. Again, I can't really speak for TU's Rx school on that--it's just my assumption.

Last time I checked, Temple's tuition was $26,438 (in-state) and Jefferson's was $32,335 making the difference $5,897 if you are in-state. If out of state Jefferson wins but in-state Temple wins. Then factor in you will be there for 4 years gives a total difference/debt of $23,588 assuming nobody's tuition goes up in 4 years, lol.

@LJ265PHARMD....I wouldn't worry about accreditation too much..

Thanks for the feedback! I'm really leaning towards Jefferson at this point because I was really impressed by the current students, faculty, and facilities after the interview. I have until January 25th to make my final decision so your advice is really useful :)

Last time I checked, Temple's tuition was $26,438 (in-state) and Jefferson's was $32,335 making the difference $5,897 if you are in-state. If out of state Jefferson wins but in-state Temple wins. Then factor in you will be there for 4 years gives a total difference/debt of $23,588 assuming nobody's tuition goes up in 4 years, lol.

I'm not really too worried about the money lol more about the opportunities and resources of the institution

That's an understatement.

:laugh:

hi, i don't know if this is inappropriate but could someone tell me what were the questions on the supplemental application because I am thinking of applying in feb. (kinda of late!:confused:) but i wanted to work on it a bit before i apply for pharmcas...

hi, i don't know if this is inappropriate but could someone tell me what were the questions on the supplemental application because I am thinking of applying in feb. (kinda of late!:confused:) but i wanted to work on it a bit before i apply for pharmcas...

There were no extra essays or short answers that I had to do for the supplement. It took about 5 minutes to complete and then you submit your supplement fee. My advice would be to apply asap! Good luck :)

When did you receive their supplemental? My pharmcas app was mailed out on 1/17 & I still haven't received their supplemental.

When did you receive their supplemental? My pharmcas app was mailed out on 1/17 & I still haven't received their supplemental.

E-submitted my PharmCAS on 11/01; received my supplement via email from Jefferson on 12/05; submitted it 12/06; interview invite on 12/27

My guess is you'll probably hear some time in mid to late February. Good luck :thumbup:

thank you very much!

No problem :)

Just wondering if anyone else was in a similar position...

I sent in my supplemental on 10/10, received the confirmation that my application was under review on 12/12, and I still have not heard anything. Today, I received in the email a flyer saying that the school was impressed with my PCAT score and if I apply before 2/15, they'll waive the supplemental application fee. Now I'm wondering if the school even has a record of me submitting the supp...

Anyone apply THIS early and not hear back yet? I wish there was some better communication that conveyed they were at least still reviewing my app.

Read back in the thread, it's probably the same thing that happened to me.

Did anybody interview in February and heard back from them?

Last edited:
Yea same here. I wonder if you get rejected/wait-listed via email.

Didn't interview in February but I had my interview on 1/6 and was accepted via email 1/11 so hopefully you guys here back sometime this week! I'm not sure if they reject/wait-list via email...hopefully you all get acceptances :thumbup: good luck :)

Didn't interview in February but I had my interview on 1/6 and was accepted via email 1/11 so hopefully you guys here back sometime this week! I'm not sure if they reject/wait-list via email...hopefully you all get acceptances :thumbup: good luck :)

I hope so too! :xf::xf:

I went to Temple for undergrad and was just really underwhelmed with the connection they had between undergrad and professional school. When I went for my interview I wasn't impressed with anything that Temple had to offer. I was in a way ready for something new. Jefferson turned out to be great because I still get to go back to Temple pretty often and see my friends there, while at the same time being in a much better part of the city. I could go on and on and on about why I love Jefferson!

I hope this helps!
Good luck!

I went to Temple for undergrad and was just really underwhelmed with the connection they had between undergrad and professional school. When I went for my interview I wasn't impressed with anything that Temple had to offer. I was in a way ready for something new. Jefferson turned out to be great because I still get to go back to Temple pretty often and see my friends there, while at the same time being in a much better part of the city. I could go on and on and on about why I love Jefferson!

I hope this helps!
Good luck!

thanks for your feedback! :)

Last edited:
Anybody going to the accepted students reception this weekend?

Anybody going to the accepted students reception this weekend?

I'll be attending the reception! I'm glad that we get another chance to visit the campus and I like that they added the fin aid info session as well.

I'm a P1 student I'll be there! :) I'm on the student panel they'll be having!

I'm a P1 student I'll be there! :) I'm on the student panel they'll be having!

Awesome, I'll look for the kidney shaped student! Do you know if we'll get a tour of the new building?

I'll be attending the reception! I'm glad that we get another chance to visit the campus and I like that they added the fin aid info session as well.

Agreed, hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of my fin aid questions answered.

See you guys there.