Thomas Jefferson Class: 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeff05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on this board will be attending Jefferson this year. Where you guys are from, living arrangements, etc - just curious.
Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from LA and I'm going to Jeff in the fall. I'm thinking about using student housing the first year. It just seems easier than trying to find a place. Do you know if they provide any furniture in student housing?

I'm gonna do the student housing for the first 2 years, at least. It's the cheapest (low cost) housing in the area - and it's right on campus (which is has its +/-). A 2- bedroom within a 15 min. commute is about $1000-1200 (low end), not including utilities. Barringer is about 483/pp for 2 bedroom including all utilities.
Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend is in her 2nd year at Jeffereson and I live in Philadephia (but I don't go to Jefferson). Rent here is very reasonable. If you don't want to live in student housing you can find places within 2-6 blocks of campus for $500-$800 (single apartment). Also, her dorm room was not furnished.

Yeah, I signed up for student housing, but for a 1 bdroom, it's a bit pricey I think. Utilities are included according to the housing dept. I might look around the area, as it sounds like you can get a little better deal off campus.

a one bedroom at jeff is about 600 (utilities included). it is almost imposs. to find a one bedroom in the area for less than 900 - in center city that is. You could find nice "cheap" housing in east falls or manayank or city line, but a 20 minute commute into the city is a pain in the ass.
I'm opting for a 2 bedroom - it's 483/pp/pm, which is sweet. The only potential downside is I don't know who i'm living with...college freshman style.
Overall, my point - student housing is a great deal and more importantly it's in an awesome location.

No arguements there if that's the case. I thought about the 2bdrm deal too, but I've gotten particular about roomates over the years. On campus is definitely very convenient though.

i will be attending Jeff in the fall as well. i am from philly so the transition will not be too difficult for me. i requested a 2 bedroom place in Barringer because of the reasonable price compared to non-university housing. i do dread the possible non-compatibility with my future roomate.

here is my question? does anyone know the timetable for finding out what the housing situation is going be be like? i want to start planning on getting furniture etc but have to wait and see if i got what i requested. i guess i should probably call the housing office.

Is anyone looking for a roommate? I'm looking for a non smoking female to find a two bedroom apartment close to campus.

That's all fine and well if you get an apartment, but I just called (again) to check on my status and they pretty much told me that all they had left were the dorms in Martin. Living in a cot for a year, putting all my stuff in storage, and dining in the commons was "funny" back in undergrad, but not now. So, if anyone else is looking for a potential roomie, I am completely available. Non-smoker, very clean, other than that I couldn't care less.

Thanks, I've been looking on the Student Housing site for off campus stuff, as well as other apartment listings. I'll be in town a few days before orientation, so worst case scenario, I will look around then. Taking a room site unseen is a disaster waiting to happen.