Thomas Jefferson COP 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

szetok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just thought I would start off this thread! Who else is applying here? I just received the supplemental and there's one area where you can submit a response but there's no question there... It' just a statement about how its accredited.... Does anyone know what to do there?

Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I just thought I would start off this thread! Who else is applying here? I just received the supplemental and there's one area where you can submit a response but there's no question there... It' just a statement about how its accredited.... Does anyone know what to do there?

Good luck everybody!

I received the supplemental today too. I have not checked it out yet but I plan to tomorrow...I will let you know when I do. Is there a fee to complete it?

I received the supplemental today too. I have not checked it out yet but I plan to tomorrow...I will let you know when I do. Is there a fee to complete it?

saaarah, you are literally everywhere! Well everywhere I'm applying too! LOL. But there's no fee if you complete it by the deadline Dec 1st! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

Good luck everybody!

I received the supplemental and I had the same issue. I was not able to get hold of admissions to clarify, so I just put my initials and submitted it. I hope it's ok because that was really weird.

I called them about my SSN because it showed up as "XX-XX" literally. And I got a hold of them and they said they had no idea what I was talking about. :( The lady who answered kept asking around and eventually I ended up at the person in charge.. He didn't know what was going on either. Did you have that problem with your SSN too?

I called them about my SSN because it showed up as "XX-XX" literally. And I got a hold of them and they said they had no idea what I was talking about. :( The lady who answered kept asking around and eventually I ended up at the person in charge.. He didn't know what was going on either. Did you have that problem with your SSN too?

Sorry to hear that:( I didn't have a problem with my SSN, just that one blank question.

Sorry to hear that:( I didn't have a problem with my SSN, just that one blank question.

AHH great. Okay so something is wrong with my app. I'll call again then next week. Definitely don't want to submit and have a wrong associated with my app. :(

Quiet for months?

Happy to report an interview for Nov. 17th.

I was suppose to tour the school on Wednesday before I applied. It is a great area, but we are in the middle of an evacuation zone right now.

I used to live/work in Philly for Temple HSC, and have been to Jeff multiple times. They have really nice facilities from what I saw early last month.

Good luck and stay safe!

I used to live/work in Philly for Temple HSC, and have been to Jeff multiple times. They have really nice facilities from what I saw early last month.

Good luck and stay safe!

And I was just in Bethesda this weekend for a Navy wedding hah. I live on 12th and Walnut in Philly, so I am practically on campus. I have just never been inside.

When did they send u the invitation? How long did u have to wait until they invite u?

Submitted supplemental on 10/12, emailed 10/23 about choosing a date to interview (either 11/3 or 11/17).

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just read that no coursework can be older than 5 years old. Does this apply to people who have a BS? I took general chemistry my freshman year in fall 2006.

So I just read that no coursework can be older than 5 years old. Does this apply to people who have a BS? I took general chemistry my freshman year in fall 2006.

If you have taken science coursework more recently, it can be waived. There is also equivalency tests that you can take there to show you still have that knowledge. I cannot remember if they said about whether related job experience counts or not. I can send you the information for someone who could answer some questions for you.

If you have taken science coursework more recently, it can be waived. There is also equivalency tests that you can take there to show you still have that knowledge. I cannot remember if they said about whether related job experience counts or not. I can send you the information for someone who could answer some questions for you.

They got back to me really quick. "We have a 5 year rule for science and math courses however, we will waive the 5 year requirement if the applicant has been working in a science/lab setting since graduation."

Received an interview invite today! :)

So I've gone through the interview on the 17th; I hope everyone's went well too. Has anyone received their acceptance letter yet? I've been rather impatient just bc another school gave me their letter of acceptance and I have to reply within 2 weeks.

So I've gone through the interview on the 17th; I hope everyone's went well too. Has anyone received their acceptance letter yet? I've been rather impatient just bc another school gave me their letter of acceptance and I have to reply within 2 weeks.

I also interviewed the 17th and got my acceptance email today!

I took my PCAT in June 2010, on the pharmcas website it says within 2 years of application...will my pcat be ineligible? I tried emailing them but no response..

Looks like I'll be seeing whoever's going to Jefferson during orientation!

We're gonna have a good time at school. Guaranteed.

just had my interview today!
i really love the school and the people. they are just awesome.
i hope that everyone who also got the interview today will hear back from them some time soon.

just had my interview today!
i really love the school and the people. they are just awesome.
i hope that everyone who also got the interview today will hear back from them some time soon.
I interviewed on the 14th as well! I just received my acceptance email! :) Everyone was really nice and the facilities are awesome. I really fell in love, but I just found out that I got accepted at Midwestern which is a three year program that is closer to home. :( I definitely would have enjoyed coming to Jefferson. Good luck everyone!

Does jefferson send out interview invites via mail, email, or both? Did anyone get an interview invite without submitting a supplemental?

they send it via email.

also got accepted to jefferson!

i just paid my acceptance deposit and set up the gmail and all that. does anyone know if they send out an email to verify that we've completed the necessary steps so far to be part of the class of 2017?

they send it via email.

also got accepted to jefferson!

i just paid my acceptance deposit and set up the gmail and all that. does anyone know if they send out an email to verify that we've completed the necessary steps so far to be part of the class of 2017?

Congrats! I was just accepted on the 21st! The only thing I received is a receipt for the deposit. How long did it take for your campus key to be generated? I didn't finish that part until yesterday because I forgot to check a section in banner. Of course, that section had missing information in it. :rolleyes:

Got an interview invite this morning. Scheduled for the 12th too :)

Interviewed on the 7th and just got my acceptance!

I have my interview on the 12th. For those of you getting your acceptance letters, do you mind sharing your stats? I just want to see how I stack up against you. Also what kind of questions should I expect at the interview?

Undergrad Cumulative GPA/Science GPA:
PCAT:
LORs:
EXP:

Did anyone who interviewed in January receive there acceptance?

Just got my acceptance email! Interviewed 1/12, accepted 1/17.

I just got the email too! I was so worried because Bleep got his acceptance in two days, but my interview was the 12th and I hadn't heard back. I was watching this thread like a hawk. Congrats Buffering! Do you think you're going to choose Jefferson?

Got accepted yesterday! Interviewed 01/12.

Stats:

BS Degree; 3.5 GPA; 91 PCAT

Got accepted, but doesn't look like Jefferson will let me attend. Apparrently my Calculus, Orgo 1 and 2, Physics 1 and 2 all fall beyond the 5 year date. So I would have to retake them all this semester which is impossible. I graduated from college in 2010. Really frustrated by this.

Last edited:
TJU pre-req requirements are really harsh! I am a Canadian applicant and in Canada, most of the courses are calculated to be 3 (halfyr courses) or 6 (fullyr courses) semester credits even when we have 3 hr labs every week. I sent in all my documents stating that it is a 4 or 8 semester credit worth courses (like the US curriculum) and the admin approved everything BUT my physiology lab. Even though I practically took all pre-reqs necessary to attend TJU, she won't accept my 1 credit hour of physiology lab. It's ridiculous. Oh, and I asked her if she can extend my deposit date a few days until we sort this out, and she replied saying that she will extend a week BUT the deposit I pay within that 1 week slot will not be put towards my 1st year tuition. It's very unfortunate that she cannot accept my credit... I really wanted to attend but I've lost a lot of respect for the school and I will just choose to go somewhere else! Good luck to everyone applying!
I had a similar problem with my Physiology classes, my university has A&P all in one semester, not two. Did you send in all the syllabi? they got back to me within a few days

Yea she got back to me and all. But I think its a problem with my physiology course and i guess a fault on my part. I'm very sad that I cant attend TJU but theres really nothing I can do about it now :( Anyways, good luck to you!

So are most people planning to live on campus the first year?

So are most people planning to live on campus the first year?
I just got my housing application in the mail last week. do you guys know if the lease is for 9 months or do we have to lease it for the entire year?

Dorms are 9 months and apartments are yearly leases.

I applied for Martin because I've heard that there are cheaper apartments around. I've commuted my entire undergrad so I'm thinking a dorm would be okay for a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Does anyone know if Orlowitz comes furnished? I know Barringer doesn't.

The only furnished building is Martin.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile