those accepted to WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed there on 9/18, so last monday. The admissions office said that they might review my file today. But at the end of the interview the assistant dean of admissions said that I would be reviewed today. SO, I was wondering, to those of you accepted, when were you notified was it the follwoing tuesday? or 2 weeks post interview? Also, what time of day was you status updated? Agin the office said maybor tomorrow or thursday but the ass. dean said it would be today? Oh, I am in agony waiting, I keep refreshing my page!! Anyone?
medmom

Members don't see this ad.

I can not speak from experience since I have not heard myself, but I do know that my friend heard on the immediate Tuesday after her interview. So, it all depends on when Angela hears from the adcom and inputs the information into the system. At the latest, it should be up by the end of the week. I've had to wait longer than you have, so hold on :)

I interviewed there on 9/18, so last monday. The admissions office said that they might review my file today. But at the end of the interview the assistant dean of admissions said that I would be reviewed today. SO, I was wondering, to those of you accepted, when were you notified was it the follwoing tuesday? or 2 weeks post interview? Also, what time of day was you status updated? Agin the office said maybor tomorrow or thursday but the ass. dean said it would be today? Oh, I am in agony waiting, I keep refreshing my page!! Anyone?
medmom

medmom

Provide that you have your file completed, you should be finding out any time by now.

Best of wishes

C&C:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Trish told me during my interview that my file was indeed complete. We LOVED this school (husband and I) so I am very eager to hear back. Heme-when was your interview?

Trish told me during my interview that my file was indeed complete. We LOVED this school (husband and I) so I am very eager to hear back. Heme-when was your interview?

It should be very soon. You'll see on your on-line application page.

That's how it was for me last year.

I am writing this message while sitting in the WVSOM library!:)

You still sound giddy about being a med student... congratulations. I am jealous that I am not where you are :)

I hope that WVSOM grants me an interview. I am not quite sure why they've waited a month to review my application. I hope that it is not a bad sign.

I Got Accepted!!!!!!!!

Didi you check your status today/ Mine was updated about 3 hours ago. Good LUCK!:luck:

I just interviewed there on Monday and loved it. Just wondering how you guys with families (like me) are going to afford out of state tuition as well as provide a somewhat decent life.

I just interviewed there on Monday and loved it. Just wondering how you guys with families (like me) are going to afford out of state tuition as well as provide a somewhat decent life.

I am fortunate enough to have $0 in undergrad debt. Therefore, I will be takin out loans. We plan on having hubby work days at one of the restaraunts and be home at night and we will just take out loans to make up the difference. We are used to living very frugally. Also I am okay with having big loans, I plan on going into FP and will do some of the loan repayment programs when I get there. Fortunately, I am not going into medicine for the money. :) Our family is way more important than the amount of my loans. Also, since it is a small town it is fantastic for a family and the cost of living is pretty reasonable. Not to mention, being away from the malls and mass retail prevents you from sensless spending. I am super excited because it is family friendly and the elementary schools have pretty good test scores to boot, better than where I am in Colorado right now anyways.

I know we will live frugally (just like we are right now. We've been married with kids throughout undergrad) but I means 73K a year is a lot. I too am honestly interested in Family Practice and am definitely not going into medicine for the money but this still seems like a ton of money to me.

I hope I didn't sound holyer than thou. We too have had kids throughout undergrad, 3 actually. What I meant was this:
This is my first acceptance so I am more than thrilled, not to mention we LOVED the area and the school. Those 2 factors mean: We will make it work regarless of cost and the loan repayment programs ease my anxiety about the 73K a year. :D

No worries, I would never get offended by you medmom. I like reading your posts. I was just wondering hw others like ourselves were approaching WVSOM and its high OOS tuition. Yeah, we would make it work too. Actually I was talking with Annette (the fabulous contact at WVSOM) and she told me she has her son in a private school there and only pays a little over $200 a month!! What a steal. I think the cost of living there might make up for the tuition. Thanks

medmom

i interviewed beginning of september. They said the admissions committee was meeting the thursday and that it should be on the website by friday morning. so i knew pretty fast.

i interviewed beginning of september. They said the admissions committee was meeting the thursday and that it should be on the website by friday morning. so i knew pretty fast.
That was very nice since I've been waiting almost two weeks now and people who interviewed after I did got word of acceptance. No love... :( Hopefully the news would be good news.