Those being rejected from Northwestern...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so sorry to hear that news, especially for those where Northwestrern was their top choice.. :( Did you people get rejected pre or post interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Psycho Doctor said:
so sorry to hear that news, especially for those where Northwestrern was their top choice.. :( Did you people get rejected pre or post interview?
Preinterview. I got the omnious status page rejection.

MWillie said:

oh so sorry, are you an April or August MCATer? When were you complete?

what kinds of stats is anyone getting in with, considering it seems like so many good students are being rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete Oct 28th.

I think my ****ty english may have contributed to the rejection. :oops:

psycho, why the hell woudl you post a thread like this. It makes no sense. You are not consoling anyone but rather trying to find out if you have a chance. You already have interviews to all these amazing schools. Stop being so messed up

blump said:
psycho, why the hell woudl you post a thread like this. It makes no sense. You are not consoling anyone but rather trying to find out if you have a chance. You already have interviews to all these amazing schools. Stop being so messed up

This is true.

PsychoDoctor says a lot of stupid stuff.

blump said:

Sad to say that I agree...

Members don't see this ad :)
MWillie said:

So NU informs about rejection/interview through their status page? They don't send a letter?

Monkey12 said:
So NU informs about rejection/interview through their status page? They don't send a letter?

They don't exactly 'inform' you. It's more of a "I can't log in to the status page so that means my account has been deleted off their server. Based on others' experience, this means a rejection is coming soon."

well, like in my case, if you try to log in to their status page and it doesn't let you, it just means "your rejection letter is on it's way."

so they do send a letter, it just takes a couple days for it to get to you.

Monkey12 said:

right on
if you can't log in, you've been erased forever from their memories.

oh yah...physco...for whatever reason you might want to use these for..enjoy
3.6/34 penn ugrad.

i checked my status page wednesday and was able to log in. then i saw this page today and got nervous so i decided to check again and i could not log in. what a nice rejection! this was a pre-interview rejection (3.62, 30Q).

RunMimi said:
I'm sorry for those that were rejected from NU, but I'm pretty sure the OP didn't mean to make anyone feel worse.

He certainly didn't, it's just that his "sympathy" came off as artificial, since his main intent was to gather information so as to judge his chances with NU at this point. A more straightforward approach would have annoyed fewer people.

leechy said:
He certainly didn't, it's just that his "sympathy" came off as artificial, since his main intent was to gather information so as to judge his chances with NU at this point. A more straightforward approach would have annoyed fewer people.

I hate to say this because I don't posting negative posts but I will. He's manipulative. It's the same type of message where he asked everyone their MCAT score and never would post his own.

ARG!

I can still LOG IN!

Thus begins month four of them jerking me around....I think I am going to call this week and withdraw my app because I am sick of this "We haven't reviewed your app yet even though its been here since july"...

blump said:

huh? i can't ask a question? I'm shocked that so many good people got rejected already.

Cat's Meow said:
This is true.

PsychoDoctor says a lot of stupid stuff.

thank you for recognizing just another one of my inadequacies. I hope the admissions counselors don't catch on to them all. :( :oops: :thumbdown:

RunMimi said:
I'm sorry for those that were rejected from NU, but I'm pretty sure the OP didn't mean to make anyone feel worse.

of course i didn't..how did i make people feel worse? i can no believe all the criticism my thread created. i sincerely do feel bad for anyone rejected from Northwestern or any other school. What's everyone's problem here?

leechy said:

yes i did start this thread to ascertain more information about Northwestern, but I did start by expressing my VERY SINCERE condolences because i do mean them from the bottom of my heart...and i mean that in total sincerity! I would not have said anything except ask my question if i didn't mean it. Stop looking for things to cause problems; you people really need to chill.

tllajd said:
I hate to say this because I don't posting negative posts but I will. He's manipulative. It's the same type of message where he asked everyone their MCAT score and never would post his own.

i really can not believe this. I am not being manipulative at all. Tell me how; it was the furthest thing from my mind. Go chill or something.

Psycho Doctor said:
of course i didn't..how did i make people feel worse? i can no believe all the criticism my thread created. i sincerely do feel bad for anyone rejected from Northwestern or any other school. What's everyone's problem here?

Your comments (or at least how you worded them) kinda sucked. Nothing against you personally, however.

God bless,

CM

:) :D :oops: ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :thumbup:

Psycho Doctor said:
i really can not believe this. I am not being manipulative at all. Tell me how; it was the furthest thing from my mind. Go chill or something.

Maybe you need to take a chill pill :idea:

Psycho Doctor said:
huh? i can't ask a question? I'm shocked that so many good people got rejected already.

And no better to "condole" than by putting salt on an open wound :( .

Cat's Meow said:

well, I much prefer "console", "condole" is often used for the bereaved, and people this is medical school. It ain't life or death. The truth is a vast majority of the people on SDN will get into a medical school. About 50% of all applicants get in somewhere. It is okay to feel bad about a rejection, but it is more important to keep things in perspective.

PS: How am I doing regarding getting over myself?

DrThom said:
ARG!

I can still LOG IN!

Thus begins month four of them jerking me around....I think I am going to call this week and withdraw my app because I am sick of this "We haven't reviewed your app yet even though its been here since july"...

You should definitely call, because I received a call at the end of October from the Ad office, telling me that they had sent me an invitation to interview at the end of September, an email that I never received. Still waiting for my interview day to come :(

Cat's Meow said:
Your comments (or at least how you worded them) kinda sucked. Nothing against you personally, however.

God bless,

CM

:) :D :oops: ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :thumbup:

i still can not understand how anyone thought i said anything wrong. i really was sincerely sorry for anyone who had been rejected. So I should not have even expessed that? it would have been better to just ask a question and ignore my sincere compassion for my fellow SDNers who had shockingly been rejected? Sorry, i'd find that hard to do.

Cat's Meow said:

so sorry about my typo, i think you knew what i meant. I did not mean to put salt in an open wound and my sincere apologies to those i offended. I'm still in shock that people misunderstood my intentions.

Psycho Doctor said:
so sorry about my typo, i think you knew what i meant. I did not mean to put salt in an open wound and my sincere apologies to those i offended. I'm still in shock that people misunderstood my intentions.

:thumbup: :love: :luck:

God bless,

CM

haha bastards...they took my money and ran

Realest said:
haha bastards...they took my money and ran

sorry :( :thumbdown: I'm sure i'll be posting the same thig shortly.

shawty ya'head said:
right on
if you can't log in, you've been erased forever from their memories.

oh yah...physco...for whatever reason you might want to use these for..enjoy
3.6/34 penn ugrad.

uh thanks but i didn't even ask anyone their stats, did I?
and i really am sorry about your rejection....if that's what you're trying to say here. Wow, who the heck do they accept?

RunMimi said:
Okay, I definitely see your point now. Best of luck to you in the rest of the process. I'm sure you get in somewhere else spectacular--it seems like everyone on this board is well qualified.

no, my point of this thread was not to console everyone. If it was I would have stated in my thread title "sorry for those who didn't get into NU". Now I don't ever recall seeing a thread offering sympathy to those rejected from a school. However it's expected that I have to do that. I am not allowed to ask questions about a school's policy, whether it is to ascertain my chances or not? Just b/c I asked anything does not make my condolences any less sincere. i absolutely can not believe how you people are looking into this and misconstruing it. You took a simple comment and question and just totally went off on it.

Psycho Doctor said:
oh so sorry, are you an April or August MCATer? When were you complete?

what kinds of stats is anyone getting in with, considering it seems like so many good students are being rejected?

Reeks of insincerity, and yes you did ask for peoples' stats.

If the OP was anyone else, y'all wouldn't be making such a bid deal about this thread. Perhaps Psycho should have phrased his question differently. But geez, it's like every single thread Psycho starts gets turned into a "let's pick on Psycho thread".

tinkerbelle said:
If the OP was anyone else, y'all wouldn't be making such a bid deal about this thread. Perhaps Psycho should have phrased his question differently. But geez, it's like every single thread Psycho starts gets turned into a "let's pick on Psycho thread".

I agree with tinkerbelle; maybe Psycho has good intentions and is just really nervous about NU. Anyway, let's not get all offended with little things, considering that this process is stressful enough. I've posted things on SDN and had people misinterpret my comments and leave me nasty messages; it's not pleasant. :( I hope we can all just help each other the best that we can.

Continuous GL to everyone applying out there! Keep faith :)

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; (like your fellow SDNers)
courage to change the things I can; (like how you react to your fellow SDNers)
and wisdom to know the difference. :thumbup:

stinkycheese said:
Reeks of insincerity, and yes you did ask for peoples' stats.

so sorry, that's just one of the shortcomings of the internet..no voice tone or body language. You'll just have to trust me on my compassion and sincerity. And SC, i was going to congratulate you but I knew you'd accuse me of being sarcastic or insincere, so some things are better left unsaid. :rolleyes:

tinkerbelle said:
If the OP was anyone else, y'all wouldn't be making such a bid deal about this thread.

thank you and I totally agree.

tinkerbelle said:
Perhaps Psycho should have phrased his question differently. But geez, it's like every single thread Psycho starts gets turned into a "let's pick on Psycho thread".

i honestly still don't see anything wrong with how i phrased it (maybe b/c I am so sure of my own intentions) but coming from you, i'll trust it wasn't phrased appropriately for the general population on an anxiety-ridden internet board. again, my sincere apologies for anyone i offended.

icecream4me said:
I agree with tinkerbelle; maybe Psycho has good intentions and is just really nervous about NU. Anyway, let's not get all offended with little things, considering that this process is stressful enough. I've posted things on SDN and had people misinterpret my comments and leave me nasty messages; it's not pleasant. :( I hope we can all just help each other the best that we can.

Continuous GL to everyone applying out there! Keep faith :)

thank you and I agree. :thumbup:

DrYo12 said:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; (like your fellow SDNers)
courage to change the things I can; (like how you react to your fellow SDNers)
and wisdom to know the difference. :thumbup:

:thumbup: good points..as usual :love: