Those who applied late

Started by cwaranch
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cwaranch

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted all secondary materials to 6 MD schools the first or second week of October. Still havent heard anything from any of them. Just needed to do something and decided to write this post while I wait. Anyone else apply around the same time wanna keep updated?
 
Hey I also applied around the same time as you. I see you are from Arkansas🙂. I visited the UAMS campus this summer, its quite a beautiful school, and the people of little rock were great. Did you apply there?
 
I submitted all secondary materials to 6 MD schools the first or second week of October. Still havent heard anything from any of them. Just needed to do something and decided to write this post while I wait. Anyone else apply around the same time wanna keep updated?

Right there with you! Haven't heard anything yet, so I'll take it as a good sign for now. More likely schools are swamped. This time is usually when the majority of people apply.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think were all fine. I did that too. They save spots for us. We just dont have our application reviewed and re-reviewed over and over. If we were meant to get in we will get in.
 
It is considered on the late end..but if you are a really strong applicant then you could have some interviews thrown your way if you applied broadly. There have been the most applicants this year compared to any previous year..which means more people who applied June/July/Aug/Sept.
 
I actually didnt apply to Arkansas. Im from Missouri so I applied to Mizzou, st louis university, university of tennessee, Rush, Loyola, and Baylor. What worries me is my app isnt that strong. Definitely average but not strong. I have been accepted to a DO school I wouldnt mind going to at all but I do want to see my options at MD schools as well.