1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Those who are taking a year off

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Liquidshock, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Liquidshock

Liquidshock Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What are your plans?
    I guess it would be the best to get a research job, but I feel too lazy to work full-time :oops: I was going to take few classes at a community college, but I am so sick of going to classes and taking exams... :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I know there's a secondary question asking for your plans for those who are taking a year off before med school... Can I just say I will be resting?
    What are your plan and how are you guys gonna answer the question?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Joining AmeriCorps.

BTW, you should probably plan on doing something other than "restiing" during your year off. It's an easy interview question, and you'll need a good answer. You can definitely do something fun and non-science related, but definitely do something.

4. DoctorPardi

DoctorPardi In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well I am going to have a glide year, so I decided I am going to push back one of my classes until that fall. Also since I will not have graduated I might take a few extra classes to make me eligible at more schools (biochem and cal I).

Also I plan on working, which will probably be in a hospital. I think I will be working less, taking less credits than usual and probably doing no research. So it should be a good time to do interviews and the like.

5. musiclink213

musiclink213 My room is a mess
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was traveling for a while, and now I'm sending out my resume. I think the schools would want to see something more than "I've been resting". I'm applying for research jobs and pharm. jobs, and tutoring jobs. Although I'm open if anything comes along. I'm also thinking that I might take some classes just for fun, like photography, video, and a cooking class. Not sure yet. For the secondaries, I just say I've been traveling and because of this, I wasn't able to secure a job, but I'm sending out resumes.

6. 630670

630670 Member
    10+ Year Member

Loyola MAMS, i wanted to do a study abroad...but realized it would probably be a good idea to stay in the country so I could go to interviews

7. bretticus

bretticus Neuroradiology fellow
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am working as an instrumentation engineer saving the moolah. Hopefully I'll graduate with about $50K less debt.

8. pirata

pirata Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    right now, I'm leaning towards working full time and doing part-time research...although i might throw a couple of UD bio classes in the mix...

9. BigRedPremed

BigRedPremed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My parents still hate the idea of me taking a year off.

But I will be working full-time (hopefully in a research position).