Those who have taken the DAT this year.. (2011)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDental88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering... could you give recommendations on what to study for in the biology section that we otherwise would have forgotten to, or not thought of..

Would be appreciated, because I heard there are some totally "random" questions on bio..

Thankssss:xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Memorize Campbell's . Front to Back.

Kidding aside, you can only prepare so much for the biology. I have no idea what kind of bio scores you want, but you can get 21+ in bio if you do the standard cliffs AP+ Kaplan Blue book. Anything above 21 is purely luck, as there are some weird questions. Hope that helps.

Unless you're ninja stealth in both chemistries, I wouldn't spend massive amounts of time trying to prepare for a few random questions. Study the basics and then perfect your chemistries...those can't get as silly as bio.

Regarding Campbell's, I cracked that open way late into my studying. It's an easier read than I thought. I wouldn't have read it all, but I wish I would have referenced it more for clarification on some things.

I was wondering... could you give recommendations on what to study for in the biology section that we otherwise would have forgotten to, or not thought of..

Would be appreciated, because I heard there are some totally "random" questions on bio..

Cliffnotes all the way. Didn't crack open the Campbells textbook.
1. Too much information
2. Too specific

I used Cliffnotes to understand everything and then tried to apply it whenever I can. I got hit with pretty challenging biology questions.. it required some thinking through

Members don't see this ad :)

As everyone says, Cliff's is great. Schaum's is good too for the stuff that Cliff's doesn't cover, and Kaplan has some easily laid out sections to help memorize some of the lists like Endocrine glands and hormones.

DATqvault is also supposed to be really good.

As everyone says, Cliff's is great. Schaum's is good too for the stuff that Cliff's doesn't cover, and Kaplan has some easily laid out sections to help memorize some of the lists like Endocrine glands and hormones.

DATqvault is also supposed to be really good.

Ah, right. I forgot to mention, Kaplan BB. Kaplan BB does a good job with invertebrate anatomy. It was really helpful. Complement Kaplan with Cliffs