Is there anyone who took the DAT recently and used DAT Booster instead of DAT Bootcamp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anniebanani

Reaction score
How were your scores on the real exam? Those who've used both, do you think Booster is a better alternative to BC?

I know many people push bootcamp to be the ultimate prep resource but I've noticed recently theres been a small shift in people who believe booster may be more comparable to the real DAT in terms of rigor while having better, more updated learning resources that may be seen as an improvement to the original bootcamp program.

I've also noticed the people who use a combination of Booster and the Destroyers score well above 21+ compared to BC-only users who are averaging around a 20.

Booster has undergone some updates after its initial launch so I would like to hear from those who have used it fairly recently. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I took the DAT a few weeks ago and I was skeptical because Booster is pretty new compared to Bootcamp but I have to say Booster is 100% worth it. I literally had similar questions on my exam as Booster and wouldn't have scored as high without it. If you're taking the DAT soon, practice using the last few practice tests on booster (I can't emphasize this enough, you'll thank me later).

In terms of scores, all of my scores were comparable to the practice tests except organic chemistry where I did way better than any of my Booster practice tests. All of my other scores were pretty much spot on with their practice tests (within 1-2 points).

Reactions: 1 user
I took the DAT a few weeks ago and I was skeptical because Booster is pretty new compared to Bootcamp but I have to say Booster is 100% worth it. I literally had similar questions on my exam as Booster and wouldn't have scored as high without it. If you're taking the DAT soon, practice using the last few practice tests on booster (I can't emphasize this enough, you'll thank me later).

In terms of scores, all of my scores were comparable to the practice tests except organic chemistry where I did way better than any of my Booster practice tests. All of my other scores were pretty much spot on with their practice tests (within 1-2 points).

That's great to hear! I'm hesitant to shell out $500 for BC when there seems to be a competitive alternative. Would you be comfortable disclosing your scores? Thank you!

That's great to hear! I'm hesitant to shell out $500 for BC when there seems to be a competitive alternative. Would you be comfortable disclosing your scores? Thank you!

I completely agree with you. I got a 26 AA (26PAT/23QR/27RC/26Biol/28Chem/26OChem).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took the DAT today and got a 30 on bio because I got Booster! I was probably averaging 21-22 on their bio tests. I had about 7 basically word for word questions on my exam today that were on boosters last couple practice tests!

In which subjects did you have the same questions from? Im mostly using it for bio and ochem

I completely agree with you. I got a 26 AA (26PAT/23QR/27RC/26Biol/28Chem/26OChem).
Hi ! First of all congrats on your score !
Was actual DAT PAT as hard as Booster?? What did you score generally on PAT Booster??
I usually get around 22 on PAT Booster and 24 on PAT Bootcamp and Im taking my exam in 2 days, so I kinda wanna know what to be expecting lol

How were your scores on the real exam? Those who've used both, do you think Booster is a better alternative to BC?

I know many people push bootcamp to be the ultimate prep resource but I've noticed recently theres been a small shift in people who believe booster may be more comparable to the real DAT in terms of rigor while having better, more updated learning resources that may be seen as an improvement to the original bootcamp program.

I've also noticed the people who use a combination of Booster and the Destroyers score well above 21+ compared to BC-only users who are averaging around a 20.

Booster has undergone some updates after its initial launch so I would like to hear from those who have used it fairly recently. Thank you!

I was thinking the same thing. Messaged you!

im currently using booster for my retake and used bootcamp when i took it in june. I think boosters bio and ochem are amazing. I got a 20 in ochem on the actual DAT and have been getting 15-17 on booster, so it is significantly harder but i feel like im learning so much from it as opposed to bootcamp. I think bootcamp was reallly similar to ochem in terms of difficulty and its important to use something a bit harder to feel more prepared.

Reactions: 1 users
I used bootcamp for my DAT and it was great, but if Feralis is on the booster team I 100% support it. Remember, it's not just about the materials you use. Make sure to keep track of difficult topics or questions and review them periodically

Reactions: 2 users
I used DAT Booster and Bootcamp to study for my DAT this past July. I found bootcamp to be a far more complete source that is absolutely worth the price. DAT Booster had questions that were wayyy harder than those found on bootcamp or on the actual exam. For example I found myself making 18s on the ochem section in booster while I made a 30 on the actual exam. I used DAT Booster as a source of additional questions and the fact that they were challenging helped me find my weaknesses. The bio section on Booster is particularly good. I don't think the PAT generators on Booster were as good as bootcamps. Overall I think Bootcamp is still better but I think thats because Booster is so new. If I had to pick 1 I'd pick bootcamp but if you have the money I would 100% recommend getting Booster as well.

For reference my score on the DAT was 25 AA (20PAT/24QR/23RC/24Biol/22Chem/30OChem).

Booster bio was a real help for me. I might have seen 4 questions exactly from booster and a couple from destroyer.

Just took the DAT today and got a 30 on bio because I got Booster! I was probably averaging 21-22 on their bio tests. I had about 7 basically word for word questions on my exam today that were on boosters last couple practice tests!
Did you use other resources other than booster?

Booster bio was a real help for me. I might have seen 4 questions exactly from booster and a couple from destroyer.
I had the same experience. I had 7-8 questions on my actual exam that were identical from booster and a few from destroyer for biology. Surprisingly none from bootcamp.

Anyone else think the people hyping up Booster are bots?
I just think companies should NOT be positing forums on here that are clearly just bots advertising Booster and trying to bring down BC.

I just think companies should NOT be positing forums on here that are clearly just bots advertising Booster and trying to bring down BC.
No. It’s significantly cheaper and is arguably just as good. BC has been increasing their price without improving or changing their product. Just because people are saying don’t use BC because it’s more expensive and you’ll get the same, or better, results with a cheaper product doesn’t mean they are bots.

following your logic, how do we know you’re not a bot shilling BC? lol

lol no. my bio section was exactly like booster if i just used bootcamp i would’ve gotten like a 16