thoughs on an OD getting a MBA

Started by cjensen20
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I don't think you need one either.. yea it's nice to say you have it, but it's not necessary.

I wish there was a stat though out there that compared OD's salaries before MBA, and after MBA.. would be interesting to see if there was a difference.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thousands of OD's run highly successful private practices without an MBA. Seems like it would be a waste of money if that's why you're doing it.

If you wanted to go into some sort of corporate management position as an OD then I could see how it would be of benefit.

Otherwise, just read Business Aspects of Optometry.