Medical Thought I had an institutional action for low GPA, but I did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Basically what the title states. A few years back in undergrad, my GPA fell pretty low one semester and I received an email from my university stating I was on academic warning. Fast-forward to the present, I submitted my AMCAS application explaining my so called "IA" and even wrote about it in some of my secondaries.

One of the schools I applied to asks for a dean certification form to be completed on behalf of the university, since I indicated I received an IA. I just received my report back, and it states that I never received an IA for my low GPA. I'm shocked/bummed, and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Should I reach out to the schools that I applied to? Or should I let it be?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically what the title states. A few years back in undergrad, my GPA fell pretty low one semester and I received an email from my university stating I was on academic warning. Fast-forward to the present, I submitted my AMCAS application explaining my so called "IA" and even wrote about it in some of my secondaries.

One of the schools I applied to asks for a dean certification form to be completed on behalf of the university, since I indicated I received an IA. I just received my report back, and it states that I never received an IA for my low GPA. I'm shocked/bummed, and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Should I reach out to the schools that I applied to? Or should I let it be? \n \n — Experts please respond to this post —
I'd forward the letter stating your school does not consider it an IA to that school. Have it handy in case other schools ask.

There are situations where some schools might exclude any applicant because of an IA so you might reach out to a handful of schools to see if this letter helps you. This is one of those rare situations where this disclosure may be helpful, though there's no guarantee given that you had a super low GPA to be placed on warning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.