Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
So I'm currently working on my pharmcas personal statement essay and am getting a little frustrated with it. What exactly should I write about and what are you guys writing about? I'm also wondering how much schools really look at the essay and whether it is really a place to shine and stand out or more of just a tool they may use to eliminate people who obviously don't have sincere intentions. I know that most feedback I have received from advisors from the local pharmacy schools in AZ (Midwestern in Glendale and Univeristy of Arizona) stress the GPA and PCAT numbers, interview, work experience, and volunteer experience a lot and hardly say anything about the essay. What do you guys think? Is it really that much of a factor?
Also, does anyone know if the "supplemental application" sent out from schools asks for ANOTHER essay typically? I sure hope not, good grief.
So I'm currently working on my pharmcas personal statement essay and am getting a little frustrated with it. What exactly should I write about and what are you guys writing about? I'm also wondering how much schools really look at the essay and whether it is really a place to shine and stand out or more of just a tool they may use to eliminate people who obviously don't have sincere intentions. I know that most feedback I have received from advisors from the local pharmacy schools in AZ (Midwestern in Glendale and Univeristy of Arizona) stress the GPA and PCAT numbers, interview, work experience, and volunteer experience a lot and hardly say anything about the essay. What do you guys think? Is it really that much of a factor?
Also, does anyone know if the "supplemental application" sent out from schools asks for ANOTHER essay typically? I sure hope not, good grief.
! It seems like they just want informational stuff from you, and not personal essays or more LORs. Can someone tell me if I'm wrong? But I doubt I'll apply there, it's too cold 