thoughts on LECOM masters in medical science or Rutgers dental scholars program or Tufts MSB program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth.admirer

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior graduating in spring and taking the DAT during the summer to apply for dental schools next cycle. However, I'm trying to be realistic and have a backup plan in case I don't get in since my GPA is on the lower side (3.2 at best by the time I graduate). They both guarantee an interview if you do well. I'm a Florida resident and LECOM seems cheaper, and this is a huge factor for me considering I'll rely on loans. As for Tufts, very expensive but from what I read on SDN is students have a very high chance of getting into Tufts dental school if they attend their master's program. Is this true? anyone who went to this program can help me understand if it's actually a high chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
tufts prefers Barry MBS over Tufts but they also give preference to their own master's program. tufts likes florida applicants (for some unspecified reasons???) so you should give it a shot if that's what you really want

Just be wary of rutgers MBS program - I debated going there but upon looking deeper into the school I saw that they take about 150 students and only maybe 7-9 of them matriculate into the dental school. Besides the incentive of a guaranteed interview I don't think that the masters degree is that helpful when applying to other dental schools. the research component of this masters doesn't seem very well organized and I think the courses you could take in another masters program with a solid research project and it would be more beneficial/help you build more useful connections