thoughts on LeHigh Valley hospital IM residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i was wondering if anyone has any info reg Lehigh valley hospital IM program. I read through previous posts but none were recent. Heard its a solid community program with many DOs.

planning to specialize in cardiology. It has inhouse cards but just curious to know what would be my chances if i apply outside. Appreciate if anyone could mind sharing their thoughts or experience with this hospital. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone has any info reg Lehigh valley hospital IM program. I read through previous posts but none were recent. Heard its a solid community program with many DOs.

planning to specialize in cardiology. It has inhouse cards but just curious to know what would be my chances if i apply outside. Appreciate if anyone could mind sharing their thoughts or experience with this hospital. Thanks!

Just FYI, Lehigh Valley has an Osteopathic (AOA) Internship that is linked to their IM residency (i.e. those internship/residency spots are reserved for DOs)! I also know that their EM program is dually (AOA/ACGME) accredited; so get used to seeing lot of DOs!

Also, there are plenty of subpar cards fellowships out there (the same way that there are plenty of subpar IM residencies out there). If you JUST want to go to Cards you'll match somewhere regardless of where you go, the same way that you'll probably match somewhere for IM; If you want to go to cards at Hopkins from Lehigh then your chances are significantly lower!

Last edited:
Just FYI, Lehigh Valley has an Osteopathic (AOA) Internship that is linked to their IM residency (i.e. those internship/residency spots are reserved for DOs)! I also know that their EM program is dually (AOA/ACGME) accredited; so get used to seeing lot of DOs!

Also, there are plenty of subpar cards fellowships out there (the same way that there are plenty of subpar IM residencies out there). If you JUST want to go to Cards you'll match somewhere regardless of where you go, the same way that you'll probably match somewhere for IM; If you want to go to cards at Hopkins from Lehigh then your chances are significantly lower!

OK, so i am definitely NOT looking for Hopkins but atleast a decent place for training or in your words PAR training for cardiology. I am curious about education/research opportunities at Lehigh and if people have gone places for cards in the past.

Thanks for the info, but almost all community programs around Philly obviously have many DOs.