Thoughts on these NP post doc sites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roryportman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently started internship, but like other new interns on this forum, I'm already thinking about postdoc!

I don't know anyone directly who trained at these sites, so I'm wondering if anyone can provide some info on the adult neuropsychology fellowships? Either here or PM if you feel more comfortable, about if they're worth applying to (or not), or just anything noteworthy? Things not found in the brochure, either good or bad would be appreciated. Ie, if they're higher than average workload, it would at least be nice to know what I'm getting into ahead of time

I'm not looking for an extremely research heavy site (>50%), but ideally not as little as 10%. Would Cedars not fit this bill?

All for adult neuro-
Cleveland Clinic (Vegas)
Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
Mayo Clinic- FL or MN
U. of Colorado- 10% research but would maybe be willing to consider (and I did see a previous thread about concerns at this site)
Beth Israel Deaconess, HMS
McLean, HMS
Cambridge Health Alliance, HMS
Cedars Sinai

Are some of these extremely competitive? I'd like this process to be less stressful than my internship apps experience was.

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't get hits a few months back. Bumping in case anyone has thoughts!

1663530708742.png

It all depends on what you're interested in. Mayo and MGH have some interesting imaging options. Cleveland Vegas has a really cool study on CTE and boxers. Northwestern has some cool people, but the area is problematic (all the midwesterners move there and want to stay). Mayo FL has an interesting population of a subset of TBI .

But the right answer is always Harvard/Man's Greatest Hospital.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you want some information about Northwestern NP, I currently have a colleague in her 2nd year in postdoc there.

Reactions: 1 user
@psycho1391 any information about the workload and how the supervisors are would be appreciated! I'm not the biggest fan of the location (from East Coast and currently happily on the West), but the program seems great.. though looks like it would be stiff completion based on what @PsyDr says